Victor SH9000ACE

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wuldup, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I'm curious, is there by any chance harmful for the sole to be exposed to window cleaner or such too many times? I talked to a shop owner of a badminton shop in Japan and he said that the safest way of wiping your shoes is with a soft cloth and water.

But then again, I know that Yonex has some sort of special thingy spray for soles...

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

It's always the safest way to use water. I think the bigger worry is if the sole material would suck the liquid up and if the shoe is going to be heavier with the time if using the window cleaner too frequently.

#282 Accordaz, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. bmsupport

bmsupport Regular Member

The 9000ACE is not available in Canada and only smaller sizes available in US.

Please could anyone suggest online stores that carry US11.5 shoe size

4. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

Not true at all. I see it at the shop in the club I play at 3 times a week; in yellow / red. Wish they'd carry the green.

5. bmsupport

bmsupport Regular Member

Borbor,

Interesting victor country distributor located in Vancouver told they were not sure when they will introduce it.

Most likely your club is getting it direct from far east. If you don't mind please PM me your club proshop contact details.

#285 bmsupport, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Green isn't out till next month

7. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    The storekeeper said that liquid that's not water might harm the sole in such way that the material might get stiff. The grip from the sole doesn't just come from the tackiness so to speak, but the material itself is very flexible and "moving". If the flexibility would be taken away and the sole become stiff, it wouldn't matter if the tackiness is good or not.

I'm no expert in this field, but it does sound logical.

8. g.chu

g.chu New Member

Im considering to buy either a Victor SH9000 or a Yonex SHB 86ex. Whats your guys opinion? the pros and cons for both shoe?

9. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

The 86ex: wore it for 5 months, cost me $80US. The right small toe area ripped. I got it repaired at a shoe shop but it was never the same. I replaced the insole with the Polysorb Total Support, but I developed intense heel pain.

The 9000ace: wore it for 2 months, cost me $130US. The inside of the shoe on the ankle area and shoe tongue area doesn't have enough cushioning and rubs. It made my skin super red and it peeled off. Very painful. I bought moleskin from Walgreens and even went as far as to sew fabric onto the inside. Another issue many have talked about is the grip on the bottom. The white rubber parts are slippery and that causes the shoe to be slippery at times. I used window cleaner ONLY on the white parts (not anywhere else) and it went away.

I see the 86ex a lot at my club. At least 5 guys wear it. It's really popular, but personally I didn't have a good experience with mine. As for the 9000's i'm only the third guy to have it because in the san francisco area, they are hard to find.

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I receive a lot of good feedback on 9000Ace, as for the 86EX i do not receive any feedback, however a couple of my friends used 65CF which is JP version or slightly better version of 86EX with the same design do not complain much either. 9000Ace has lateral claw which 65CF does not.

11. g.chu

g.chu New Member

Still not sure which one to choose XP they both look awsome, and both have good and bad reviews. Might being tossing a coin for this one hahahha. Any other reviews that have tried either one?

12. LYD Fan

LYD Fan New Member

salesman
    In February 2013, VICTOR International, which is responsible for VICTOR in Europe, will have stock again of that great shoe SH 9000 ACE in red colour combination.

Definitely the best badminton shoe ever, have lots of friends who bought that already and they are excited, will check retailers in Germany and neighbour countries soon to get one pair finally!

13. visor

visor Regular Member

^ You don't need to wait... just get it online. Delivery included will probably be cheaper than your retailer.

14. g.chu

g.chu New Member

now i cant choose between the yellow on or the red one XP this is sooo tough hahahhha

15. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Ifo nly the black/yellow one was for sale in Japan, I would've definitly get that one. The red / white combination is also nice, but all to common lately with the Yonex 102LTD (at least here where a lot of people use the 102).

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Go for the green one! :p :D

17. g.chu

g.chu New Member

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Haha. The inner part is the part which nobody can see :p

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

LoL. He didn't mean the inside - he meant the inner side of the shoe, i.e. the side that slides on the floor when you lunge. With my Yonex F1, that's the side where there's a hole in my left shoe already. Can't wait for the green 9000s to come out - never going back to Yonex! Worst quality of any court shoes I've ever worn in my life. Only good thing about them is that you always know what you get (decent dampening and fit, but ~60% the durability of Victor/Asics/Butterfly).

20. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member