Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

You're a racket seller and stringer so you have access to tons of rackets, and you don't think this shaft is flexy? On bending and hitting, it's as flexy as an Arc 9.

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Like I said, no. It's stiffer than a lot of rackets I have (including VT80, Arc11, and other stiff rated rackets). And it's not just my FB.

I think you may have received a spaghetti disguised as a racket, or I received repainted lighter Z-Forces :p

3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    This is definitely a stiff racquet. I have AT700, MP100, MP77, Apacs etc and this is stiff. In fact, I think it is very close to extra stiff. Maybe because this racquet material is lighter, that after many uses, the shaft gets less stiff?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha... maybe Yonex had a mixup in the supply line and some of you fellas got the stiffer Ahsan edition... :p

#884 visor, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    D those who got the Ahsan edition can test it for high tension stringing

6. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    What?

You are kidding right? Never heard of Ahsan edition.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Hehe... I was just joking with you and yan.v... :)

Although there may be some truth in it, as many of us do wonder how Ahsan is able to smash so hard with this racket.

But those rackets you mention are all flexy, so maybe that's why you think FB is stiff. I'd say FB stiffness is like BS12, ZSlash, Arc7.

8. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Well yeah all is relative.

If you consider the MX80 as a merely stiff racket and whatever forged steel racket you own as a very stiff racket, then yes the ArcFB is flexible :p However, I'd hardly consider the VT80 as a flexible racket.

In the manufacturer scale, considering every brand, the MX80 would be Very Stiff, VT-ZF, Arc 08dx, etc Very Stiff. I'd consider the VT80, Arc11, MX JJS, BRS LYD, Arc FB, Arc ZS, etc as stiff rackets, with the VT80 and Arc-ZS being the more flexible of these and MX JJS probably being the stiffest. Arc FB is close to the MX -JJS if not on par for me, stiffness wise.

I should set up a measuring system to have something more precise to compare stiffness though

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    ahsan edition, that's something i would love to see, but please no mogensen edition!

10. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Ahsan's FB edition = IN Code

I dont remember but I think saw the pic of the IN cone somewhere in my local forum

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Ahsan and Mogensen FB supposed to be a secret,only for those who happens to know.One thing for sure,it will be different from the normal FB we can get in the market..but their difference best to remain hidden.

Come on,u guys wouldn't think that LD's N90 is the same kind of the N90 we can the market,right?Or LYD's victor rackets?or FHF F9?n so on.

Besides,if u are a well performing athlete,good for boosting their sales,you might have your own request to your sponsor,to give u customized apparels,n they will be ok with it..perhaps some custom made racket,specially made for u,according to your preference on grip size,balance point,weight,or maybe your personal name on it.Even since the era of Liem Swie King,Yonex already made some customized rackets for him..

#891 Smichz, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

The hate/sentiments for this racket are strong! I've never seen a so controversed racket with so many people saying pros can't be using it for real or saying that only bad players use this racket.

Would be interesting to get to know what is causing this!

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Easy..Feather light.Lighter than 5U,73 grams,which is around 10+ grams lighter than a normal racket weight players usually use,3U,85-89 grams.

Any normal FB couldn't give a killing smash from the back court,especially in doubles,against other professional players which has a very good defensive play.

U can check on youtube,on the early times when Ahsan n Mogensen just got started to use FB for the first few times..compare their game play with the middle till current times..u will find the difference.

#893 Smichz, Oct 25, 2013
  14. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

That's just hypothetical, i.e. arguments based on your dislike (I'm assuming) of this racket. It is not is based on proofs or actual facts. They may or may not be using an actual 73g racket, but no one except themselves can confirm this.

I'm not saying the racket is the best or that it's the worse, but saying "it's impossible that a player could do X with Y racket" is just nothing but an hypothesis.

While I'm not a pro, I do smash harder with this racket than a lot of the rackets I've tried. Now, this is not to say that this racket increases your smash power because it does for mine, that wouldn't be a valid assumption. But assuming that it sucks at smashes because you can't smash with it is not a valid assumption either. Some players will get more smash speed with more head weight, while some others will do it by being able to swing the racket harder.

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Let us saves our breath by not arguing about this n u can check youtube if u want,about the videos of Ahsan/Mogensen i mentioned to compare yourself.I f u won't bother about it,since you can smash better with FB,that's very good,but maybe some other people would.Please check on the early times when Ahsan/Mogensen has started to use FB for few first times,compare their game play to the middle till current game play,and discuss it here.

You might probably see they smash faster at first and become slower n slower,or vice verse,but that's all comes from each individual's perspective right?

Besides,the fact that their racket is different from the market ones is confirmed by some people,which are insiders,who bumped into their rackets as well.And my sources of infos are credible.But even though i was told of their differences,still i will not say any of it to the public,or if it's maybe easier for some people to think that they are indeed the same kind,of what's used by Ahsan/Mogensen to the market,so be it..:)

#895 Smichz, Oct 25, 2013
  16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

What i'm saying,is that athlete's personal customized racket isn't a new thing that u guys have to argue about,since it existed since yonex sponsored Liem Swie King already.He personally mentioned about it in his book.:)

There's even some small factories out there who accept orders for customized rackets,n it can be done starting from hundreds,less than thousand.

#896 Smichz, Oct 25, 2013
  17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Just a breaking news,one of FB ambassador have just switched back to his old racket..I guess i don't have to tell u who,especially for those eyes who watched live streaming on youtube last night..

QQ截图20131026020454.jpg

18. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Could you post links to the places where they confirmed that the pros' Flash Boost are not actually the same rackets being sold in store ?

Also, I'd like to see the videos you're talking about for your before/after comparison with Mogensen.

Btw, not trying to discredit you. I'm genuinely interested in seeing these!

Thanks!

19. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Search for it if you are really interested.I'm sure if u like this racket,u know what time is this racket started to be used by players,including both Ahsan and Mogensen.I forgot in which tournament cos i watched them from video rec.At least i know when my favourite racket, AT900P was first used,in the early 2007

Also,search for Hu yun matches in Indonesia Open 2013.I still remember he's always looking at his FB after mistakes n slow smashes,cos i watched it live n he's playing in front of my very own eyes.

Again,i have no discredit over FB as well.Some people seemed to liked it,so be it.:)

#899 Smichz, Oct 25, 2013
  20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

No,it is not possible to show u.They were not meant to be shown to public.If Yonex found out that the pictures leaked,or even the real piece,some people would lose their job for something unnecessary.

Besides,what is the point of showing them to public?Like i said,people who encountered them personally will know if they're different,n they're credible for that they said,even if they don't have any proof to show.So,i believe in my sources of infos,but people like u who barely know who i am,or those people of sources,might not believe in the infos.So be it..:)

I have encountered some of the customized rackets.I've seen with my own eyes,hold them with my own hands,and myself is a big fan of Yonex,who appears to have very much interest in their rackets,and have tried most of the normal ones,so i know that they're different.I do have some customized rackets with me as a collection,designed for some certain players/national team.I have some of the strung ones as well.So,i don't have hard time believing in these,not like others who hasn't encountered one before.

But u can compare their videos if u are willing to spend more time on youtube.

#900 Smichz, Oct 25, 2013