Yonex Arcsaber 10 (ARC10) and Armortec 700 (AT700) 2012 PREMIUM EDITION

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blitzzards, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Own them both on 3U-G5. A very nice solid and powerful racket with VTZF has more advantage on speed while 700PR in power. Loving them both, however if i have to choose, i will choose 700PR and sell of my VTZF to buy N90 or another 700PR.

2. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Been a while since this question pointed out, I think some fellows have already mentioned the differences between the normal Arc10 (red) and Arc10 Premium.

Please take a look on this post :
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...0)-2012-PREMIUM-EDITION?p=1898014#post1898014

and this one as well :
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...emium-n-Limited-Rackets?p=1898847#post1898847

I'm not sure whether the differences are due to the QC tolerance or probably Yonex pick out of certain QC levels for the Premium but if my memory serves me well, the shaft of normal Arc10 (red) is made of High Modulus Graphite + Ultra PEF while the Arc10 Premium has it made of "Super" High Modulus Graphite + Ultra PEF.
    Personally, I feel the Arc10 Premium slightly stiffer and heavier (probably the top-end of 3u category).

3. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Is it just me or are at700 premiums in 3u are pretty hard to find?

4. terrencelbt

terrencelbt Regular Member

Are there anyone who own Arc10 and Arc10PR who can give a review in term of their differences? Or both Arc10 and Arc10PR are the same in all aspects except the paint job? I saw Arc10PR is cheaper than Arc10. I think there should be some differences in some way for Arc10PR to be cheaper.

5. casey288

casey288 Regular Member

As for me for playing with Arc11, Arc10 and Arc10pr. I normally started of with Arc11 followed by Arc10 and finally Arc10pr. I felt Arc10pr is somehow stiffer and lighter than Arc11 and Arc10. Maneuverability is was faster for me when using Arc10pr. Well, it's always based on individual preferences.

6. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

This question is probably so late but does anyone know which one is having more similar spec with the 1st gen AT700 ? Is it AT700PR or AT700 2nd gen ?
    I'm interested to get one AT700 which resembles the 1st gen as I remember like a decade ago I tried my friend's 1st gen AT700 and it was pretty nice, though I can't remember whether it was a 3u or 4u.

7. Renmazuo27

I haven't actually played with a 1st Gen At700 but I have the AT700PR. A friend of mine had used the AT700 1st Gen, then had a shot with my AT700PR and said it felt very similar to the 1st Gen.

8. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

That's interesting... I might get this one to feel the taste of the 1st gen, at least the AT700PR sells at decent price (around $200 or slightly lower in Singapore) compared to the rarely available 1st gen at almost doubled price and it is better looking too :)

[MENTION=35343]Licin[/MENTION] , I remember you are one of AT700 1st gen fans out there... Any comments ?

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hi quixilver.

Indeed, i am AT700 fans, particularly 1st gen and 700PR. AT700PR price is very competitive and i should say it is slightly cheaper as compared to other high end rackets, even Arcsaber 10 Premium 2012 which coming out at the same time as 700PR. Not many recreational players out there have 700PR, since to my knowledge, this racket is not endorsed by any pro players, thus recreational players are hesitate to buy 700PR out.

The closest racket so far to AT700 1st gen is of course N90 1st and i also find 700PR to be quite similar too. 700PR is more forgiving as compared to N90. I would suggest you to go for it. It may not be 100% similar to the AT7001st gen which priced at sky rocket figure, but hey it is around SGD 200. Let me know what do you think of it after you played it for several sessions.

10. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Yeah... it's a real good value for the $$$ while a new AT700 1st gen is probably being sold around $300 or even more due to its extinction in the market :(
    Later I'll need to search around for the 3U since the one I found in my regular shop is a 4U, and maybe should get another N90 1st gen to spare as they are leaving the market too...
    If you are currently in Singapore, would be great if I can test-drive your AT700PR before I pull the trigger :D

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Last year i am in Singapore for few weeks, company training and stuff. But i am now in Jakarta. :D.
    Well, if you visit Jakarta, you are more than welcome to try my 700PR.
    The 1st gen is now around USD 300++. The price is up to the seller actually, as long as the seller does not need money, they could brag about the price as high as they want.

In my opinion, buying racket that cost so high is not that worth it. There are still plenty of racket out there which is good enough just that we do not know yet & it is made by ABC company and such. However, a few recreational players think that racket is not just for playing, it is some sort of prestige too.

12. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

That's great !
    Will be surely bugging you if I get there to try some of your toys :)

Yesterday one guy in the shop who is also a stringer told me, the Armortec 700 series are better in 4U since the head is very heavy and there are not so many people being happy with this. However, the 3U should have stronger frame to be strung at higher tension, where the sinking grommets issues are pretty common among the Armortec series. Guess I need to prepare a set of long strip grommets for it.

13. Renmazuo27

Continuous grommets I feel are a must for the AT Series, simply due to the "sinking grommet syndrome" you mentioned quixilver. All of my AT's (500, 700PR, 700LTD, 900T) and my Arc10's have these grommets installed.

14. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

May I know which one did you install on the AT700PR and AT700LTD ? I checked on the AC416L-3 on MBS which said to be used for AT700 but they never mentioned which version of AT700, or they can share the same type ?

15. Renmazuo27

The 700PR uses the new stringing pattern so I put the AC416L-1 on them (they can also be used on the AT900T/P).

The AT700LTD uses the old stringing pattern so i used AC416L-3 for those. I assume these can also be used on the 1st & 2nd Gen AT700's.

Hope this helps.

16. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

That's really useful... Thanks !

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thank you for the info, Renmazuo27.

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Maybe we can try each other's weapons :D.

Well, in my opinion regarding 3U & 4U, it is a very personal preference. Previously, i love headlight racket and 4U VTZF to play double. However, i now prefer N90 and 700PR 3U to play double. 4U VTZF despite faster than the other two or its 3U brother, its power is certainly not comparable to 3U racket, and i feel that 3U racket is more controllable around the net.

4U 7001st gen, despite more agile than its 3U fellow, it definitely lacks of power.

19. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Oh well... After a long long wait, I managed to buy a pair of AT700 3U 1st gen. Just finished tonight's session using one of them and I finally understand why so many people out there are still praising this racket. Too bad I couldn't release the power to the max, have been struggling with my golfer's elbow for quite a while but this beast is really "something" :)

20. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

wow... i have 1 x at700pr and 5x at700 gen 2 now.. i'm waiting to own 1x at700 1st gen and the at700 ltd... :D

how would you feel the gen 1 fare against the gen 2?