Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

NO, if LCW and his coach has half of a brain they should help CHN to get 3 in and force PG out of the top 4.
    Why, if CHN has 2 qualified then most likely will be LD and CL and LCW will have to play them both to win.
    But if CHN get 3 qualified with CJ as No 3 there is a 50/50 chance that LCW will meet CJ in SF.

How's that for tactical?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Very true. High hopes and expectations alone are not gonna break down this wall of CHN that easily.

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    If what you say in WR goes this way: LCW, LD, CL and CJ. Then CJ in LCW half and CL in LD half. LCW has better chance of beating CJ, then face either LD or CL and not both. You know what....I overlook that, and I agree with you. So, FO11, go CJ go,.....

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This is only guess for the 2012 OG.

LCW will be seeded No.1, CL 2, LD 3 and PG 4.

My guess is that CJ won't be there. :crying::crying::crying:

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Correct. It can be LCW with 3 CHN players in the top 4 but LCW has to be seeded 1 and either LD or CL seeded 2, not CJ.
    If CJ is seeded 2, LCW will have to play either LD or CL or vice versa. Don't think CJ will reach the final.
    If LCW is seeded 1, and either CL or LD seeded 2 & 3 respectively, I am not sure where they will place the 3rd seeded player, top or bottom half, if opposite half than CJ will be an easier encounter.

This is better than PG at no.4. If you have PG at no. 4, you will have a 3rd CHN player floating around at the quarterfinals and LCW may have to play 3 CHN players consecutively.

#6605 nokh88, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

If you are refering to OG, China can only have 3 MS if in top 4, other wise only 2. If other tourneys, yeah, still depend on luck of draw which half of the draw CJ is.

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

if CHN has 2 qualified the rule require them in different halves.
    if CHN has 3 qualified and unless CJ overtook LD & CL by May next year, CJ will have a 50/50 chance in LCW's half.

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Sorry, my mistake.

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

How about the new kids on the block Hoon Thien How, Tan Wee Kiong, Goh Wei Shem and Lim Khim Wah? :)

10. flite

flite Regular Member

Do not jump into conclusion too fast and write LCW off. No matter what, he together with LD are still the player to beat come OG'12.

As I see it, CL has improved tremendously given the facts that he is 23 years old and at this crucial age a player could just bloom and went a couple of notch higher. We must also take into consideration that CHN training regime is the toughest if not the most effective in badminton world and that really helps CL to close the gap on an already stagnated LCW who has reached his limit. It is not something shocking. But seeing a totally different CL from JO'11 in just a couple of weeks time has definitely raised many eyebrows.

What LCW needed to do is to sort out his priority given he is already 29. He wasn't on good form recently. He needs to know what kind of game that required of him when he play not only LD but also CL. Which area of his game needs adjustment and fine tuning and most importantly his state of mind.

If CL can do it, why not LCW?

#6610 flite, Oct 24, 2011
  11. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    is it just me, or, LCW is getting a little bit complacent? He looked like Lin Dan now ( not really serious when against an opponent that he thinks he should be able to beat easily )

please LCW... get ur focus back..

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Not so sure against Chen Long, more like he was not physically up there back at his old level for that. But against Peter Gade, yes, he became complacent and nearly paid the price for it (going to a rubber)

I don't ask him to thrash all his opponents 21-9; 21-10 or something like that but he has to keep focused throughout. Also has to practice coming back down from a deficit.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    let's say in early May 2011, the MS ranking is like this:

1. LD
    2. LCW
    3. CL
    4. CJ

Will CJ be able to play in OG2012?

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

yes.................

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    CJ only needs to be in Top 8 in early May 2012 to get into OG2012, right?

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

3 to qualified if all in top 4, and
    2 to qualified if all in top 16.

if CJ in top 16 and outside top 4, for him to go either LD or CL have to stay at home

#6616 AlanY, Oct 24, 2011
  17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. It s panic stations at BAM now. And there s an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Misbun to set only one condition for comeback. Dismantle the pest named CTC so the coaches can concentrate on their coaching.

18. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    BAM is snobbish, VERY snobbish. Will they ever admit their mistakes? That lawyer-background Ng Chin Chai seems very good in making excuses...:rolleyes: Can't believe he's in charge of the training program structure...

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I looked at CJ, who may not do well in SS but when it comes to majors eg AE, OLY and WC, he always played great, that is why I say get CJ out of OLY12. Also, I was thinking that CL is a rookie at OLY, would he choke as he did in WC11. That may be wishful thinking as I can see CJ will make it to top 4 anyway with CO, HK, AE, more SS to come, and even in FO11, I predict CJ will win if he get past PG at QF and comrade CL beat LCW, gaining points on PG.
    You may be right, I overlook that aspect of the lineup, with CJ in OLY12 may not be such a bad thing, given that CL is tough cookie now, so let LD and CL sort it among themselves. And if LCW is destined to win OLY12, better to play CJ and then give it all to CL/LD.
    It would be real fun to see if CL becomes the best player when OLY12 comes around and he meets LD at SF, who would advance? That is priceless.

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Dude, get NCC, Kenny Goh and Nadzmi out of BAM? You gotta be dreaming, or we all are dreaming. For these incompetent trio to still hanging on, I sometimes wonder how high the food chain this thingie goes that someone would tidak apa and empower these trio to recklessly spend tax-payer $$$ running MAS baddy to the ground. Check how much NCC makes for mismanaging MAS badminton, do you think NCC, Kenny and Nadzmi would ever let go of their entitlement to the kiddy bank just because MS comes in....Like I say, dream on.
    Why does NCC bank all his resources on TBH/KKK and LCW, and give a hoot care to the junior players? Because NCC is counting on TBH/KKK and LCW to score that gold, means kaching $$$ to NCC and save their job for another day. Now, that TBH/KKK fortunes are tanking, CL is giving Datuk pain, that gold is a dream away.
    Onc in WJC, I think someone said Arif is on par with CL. Now, CL looks like the second coming of LD and rule baddy world, where is Arif and going nowhere? Blame Arif, no, he is given no opportunity to improve. MAS Boleh! Hurray to rakyat ringgit!