Victor Lightfighter Rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by imaz., Feb 17, 2013.

1. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Bump :D

Hi Paul

Since you have been officially announced as partner to Victor-International just now :D

May I request you to provide review of Light Fighter 7400 and Light Fighter 7300 ?

What do you think the difference between these two ?

Last but not least, is it true that Light Fighter has 88 grommet's holes ?

(as mentioned in http://www.victor-international.com/index.php?page=product&id=359)

Thanks in advance :D

2. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I've used the light fighter 7400 and it definitely has more feel to it than the flashboost. Clears feel strange with the fb, but are easy with the 7400.

3. bunge1980

bunge1980 Regular Member

Postman
    I have used the Light fighter 7000. For me the racket is far too light for me. Its exceptionally quick when in defense but lacks the power to get you out of trouble, and lost the extra punch in my drives and smash. I use a Victor MX60 which is a great racket the extra weight in the head is what is lacking in the light fighter.

4. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Big apology guys. I've been so busy testing other rackets all my plans were thrown out of the window.

I now have all three Lightfighters in my bag and will start my testing this week if I get the chance.

From my initial playing on each racket I preferred 7400 because the bit of weight in the head really helps keep check of the racket. The other two are incredibly light in the head. 7000 has been a very good seller but being fair i know all I have been very well received and are selling well.

I'll do my best to test quickly although may have to stagger my reviews but provide feedback here first. Is that OK with you?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

5. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Paul,

Yes it is ok for me :)

I understand you also have to review other Victor's prime products

Nevertheless, I am looking forward for your review to LF7300 and LF7400 :D

6. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I've mentioned that I won't get a light racket for the near future in another thread.
    Well after last saturday, we had a MD tournament, I really have rethink about this statement.

I already gave you a short review for the LF7300 in this thread. I still think it's a great racket for a great price.

I just sum it up (again):

+ Super fast (sometimes you feel like LYD since you're that much faster in the front court and kill a lot more of the lower lifts from the opponents)
    + Due the lower weight it's much less tiring, you can smash one after another one and you still don't waste that much enegery as usual
    + Smash power is still enough if not equivalent to balanced rackets

+/- wrong timing will be noticable in the time of adapting (this is really subjective since you may adapt to it a lot faster)
    +/ - Due the lower weight, you have less mass holding in your hand. That's a point which makes it less solid since you can't feel it that well as the conventional heavy rackets. Especially deceptive shots can be horrible in the beginning. But also defending smashes can be a problem since you may swing your racket too early or too fast and miss the shuttle completely, which happened several times to me.

Because it's a racket from a girlfriend of a friend, I didn't try it for singles. But maybe I'm going to get one for myself :D

Just another 2 cents :)

7. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Where can I purchase the Victor Lightfighter series in Canada or anywhere that will ship to Canada?

8. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    No where in Canada, as it is not distributed by Victor Canada. I actually think that these rackets might not really be from Victor.

I got told by a reliable source that there is a company that releases products under Victor's name in Europe (and has the authorization to do it, so not one of those fake racket makers), but that company is a totally different company from the actual Victor that makes the popular Victor rackets (MX, BRS, SW, etc).

All of that was really confusing, so I'm not sure exactly how that works and what rackets are actually not Victor products.

9. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Light racquet

Ok thanks. I was thinking maybe try the Yonex ArcSaber FB.
    Recently, I tried a friend's Apacs Tantrum light infinity and it is really good. I was able to create good smashing power, good defence and net play. However, this racquet is very unstable.

I want to try Victor racquets but I have no idea what their models meant. Bravesword seems popular. Would this be a good doubles racquet?

10. jasyu

jasyu Regular Member

Hi Paul,

Any updates on your review on the 7400 model cant seem to find it on your site yet

11. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Yes, 7400 is permanently in my bag at the moment but I've had to suspend any court activity until January because somehow I injured my ankle - don't know how and also I've had all the hospital visits with my dad.

I will be reviewing all the Lightfighters next year including the soon to be released 7350 which is a beautiful red. I can't wait to see that racket but at the moment do not know the specs.

I think Direct Sports ship to Canada (I'd call them to check) if players cannot get the Lightfighter series over there.

Paul

12. jasyu

jasyu Regular Member

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about your injury, take care and i look forward to your review next year.

Merry Christmas

13. alex292

alex292 Regular Member

Student
    any updates on the reviews for the light fighters? couldn't find anything on your website

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Alex.

I've used all of these rackets now and since the first post on these rackets Victor has launched 7350.

It's been such a busy time getting ready to launch my International Coaching Club that I have had to switch things around and focus on the big racket launches from Victor and Yonex. I'll be testing all of them as a collection very soon and then releasing, providing comparison between all four. I may do a larger review and cover all together.

Paul

15. alex292

alex292 Regular Member

Student
    I'm looking forward to your review :)

I just returned the 7000, 7300 and 7400 to my local shop after testing them for three sessions. Too bad only the 7000 had proper strings (BG80 24lbs). The 7300 and 7400 still had the factory strings (Zymax 70 at low tension) so the comparison was a bit unfair.

16. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

So looking forward to your review. I would like to see how this compare to the FB.

17. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    After trying a demo 7400, I'll be ordering one soon.

18. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

Are these Lightfighters only available in Europe?

19. luckyboyl

luckyboyl Regular Member

I use LF7400 for a half year or so, ... purchased due to arm pain (after heavy VT7 use). I did not experience any arm pain with LF so far, and it works great for me, clears are strong, backands too. Smashing needs some practice, basicaly I have troubles smashing from very end of the court. Drives are fine. A bit hard to play at the net for me. Excells in defense. Changed my style of game from attacking player to a patient technical play a bit. Happy with it. Its the only Victor I tried...would be nice if someone could compare to BS perhaps or JS....

20. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Victor Lightfighter 7350, any thoughts?