Chong Wei Feng

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by aril79, Sep 19, 2012.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Can't help but notice during the whole Thomas cup tournament....CWF is so scrawny

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    May I know what are his weaknesses? Thanks.

3. Husky

Husky Regular Member

His strengths are

Being a lefty :)
    Being a really good technician with a good repetoire of shots. Deceptive shotmaker, hard to read
    Great athleticism, strong legs. Can run all day, covers the court smoothly. He's really quick actually.

His weaknesses are:
    He's too lightweight physically, that's his small build. Maybe he could bulk up a bit upper body strength like LCW did. So, no absolute killer weapons. It's that simple.

4. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Unfortunately at international level CWF has no strenght at all - he's only good at
    national level, way behind even an aging LCW.
    Its not his fault, thats all he's got - a shorty has never conquer the world in
    badminton...its pitiful to see LD taking him to the cleaners at Incheon Asian games.

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Chong Wei Feng suffered a great defeat against emil hoist in today MAS SSP...

6. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Not just him, all the other malaysian qualifiers seem to be dropping like flies... Morten Frost is gonna have a hard time shaping the country's badminton.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes it is never going to be easy. Even Morten Frost Hansen himself said it, it will take time. He said yes we have hardworking players. They are very committed in training. Even players who are injured will still participate in tournaments. But sad to say lack of talent has been a great concern. Malaysia don't have talented players like other countries and it is going to be very difficult for players to win if they are not talented. He says this are the facts that we have to accept. :) Chong Wei Feng himself is also too small size and of small build so his opponents will make full use of his disadvantage there to win over him in tournaments.

#147 blabl, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Gold comfort for Malaysia’s axed Chong Wei Feng

Malaysia’s Chong Wei Feng grabbed the biggest title of his career at the SEA Games badminton on Tuesday in the perfect riposte after he was controversially axed for the world championships.

Wei Feng, who was in line for the worlds until the return of ex-number one Lee Chong Wei from a drugs ban, breezed past his compatriot Mohammad Arif Abdul Latif in the men's singles final.

Wei Feng said the 21-8, 21-9 victory over Latif, 25, in his first major individual final was redemptive after a rollercoaster year which has included injury struggles.

"It means a lot to me and it shows that my game is still there. I am getting back my form after my injury early this year," said the 28-year-old.

Wei Feng is Malaysia's top-ranked men's singles player at 36, a position which should have guaranteed him a spot at the August world championships in Jakarta.

But when Chong Wei returned to action after being handed a backdated, eight-month ban for accidentally taking a banned inflammatory, he replaced Wei Feng in Malaysia's line-up despite a ranking which has slumped to 79.

Wei Feng said Tuesday's win was also "sweet revenge" after he lost to Latif on home ground earlier this year.

Source from The Malaysian Insider

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i bet BAM morten frost will fill CWF in the team for 2016 Thomas Cup Finals, as CWF might perform well in team event while weak in individual event...

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think his time is up. His peak was 2013-2015 and it's downhill for him from now on.

11. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    good sparring partner for Chong Wei... so he might stay on till Chong Wei does...