Adidas badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ieim_17, Jan 23, 2011.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Does anybody know where I could get the red bt feather in Canada?

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Whenever they finally find a distributor [​IMG];)[​IMG]

3. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

I've got a pair of this in red and white. They haven't brought in any of the elites version. Only manage to find rare shoes like this.

Its comfy and fit nicely with the feet except it makes me feel like not wanting to move... Haha

4. orberen

orberen Regular Member

My pair of of BT feather just came from MBS yesterday :)
    Gonna go test them out tomorrow and see how they compare to the victor ace 9000

2013-06-03 11.30.33.jpg 2013-06-03 11.30.54.jpg 2013-06-03 11.31.16.jpg 2013-06-03 11.31.25.jpg

5. GavinTan

GavinTan Regular Member

I've placed my order almost a week now from Shuttle-House, and there is no response. I wonder if the order is even going to happen?! Anyone knows when they will actually respond?

6. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I've had this pair of shoes for almost 2.5 weeks now. It's by far my favourite and it provides enough cushioning for me. I'm also attracting a lot of attention due to its attractive style and that I'm probably one of the few people in North Anerica with one. :p

7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Does anybody know the main differences between the feather and the boom? The boom is half the price but I don't notice any real differences.

8. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Honestly I am loving these shoes much more then the victor 9000 ace that I had. The cushioning is just right and I normally wear orthotics with my old shoes and stilll got shin and calf pains. These shoes I'm wearing the stock sole and have had no leg problems at all. My movement is just as good as before, maybe better since it cushions my jump landings much better and no pain compared to my old shoe.

9. orberen

orberen Regular Member

The feather is supposedly the top of the line version so supposedly I would presume it is at least more durable the the boom but honestly I don't know the difference between the two.

Haha when people see the shoe most of their reactions are like "adidas makes badminton shoes?"

10. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

The BT feather is the top line with Adiprene+ and Adiprene cushioning throughout the whole sole of the shoe, the Boom doesnt have Adiprene cushioning and has just standard "EVA Foam" sole construction.. there is also the Feather Team in between these 2 shoes... thats the main difference, I suspect the upper is better quality on the higher end shoes also (as expected)

@badderz_alpha facebook.com/badmintonalpha

11. GavinTan

GavinTan Regular Member

If anyone is interested to know, the shoe plus box weighs approx. 959grams for shipping.

12. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    So when is the shoe available for purchase in Europe. It's June 2013 and still no sign of the shoe over in UK. The BT Feather is not even in Adidas website instead has a facebook page, for the shoes and rackets, strange.

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The shoe is already available in France but as already mentioned Adidas won't be available in the UK until July at least.
    Also the badminton line is not run by Adidas but a licencee who also runs "their" martial arts line so that is probably why these goods can't be found on the official Adidas website/store

14. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Has anybody who tried the shoe noticed if it's as low to the court as othe badminton shoes. I have shb-102 and I like how it is to the floor but when I put different insoles in the shoe felt too "high" off the ground so I'm curious how the feather feels to stand in.

15. orberen

orberen Regular Member

In terms of height of the ground it feels like most standard yonex shoes I would say. Though definitely higher then the victor ace 9000 (but those are extremely low to the ground compared to most other badminton shoes)

16. longley

longley New Member

17. orberen

orberen Regular Member

That sucks :( the soles are non marking though, I think it says on the sole it self that it is non marking.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The 'old' BT feathers are definitely higher than normal shoes. The heel is roughly the same as with the SHB200, whereas the front area is higher and stiffer, resulting in a more remote feeling.
    The quality of the shoes is pretty good (held up well for ~10-11 weeks), if you discount the hole right through the 'adituff' material on the left one.
    Sadly, they're just not right for my feet, as I got some serious problems in them (inflamed achilles tendon, pain in the inner ankle joints) which will take some time to cure :(

Compared to other shoes, the edge around the opening is kind of hard (part of why I got ankle problems - whenever I flexed my foot, it'd press against the joint) and they're a bit low-cut, which in my eyes is a bad idea when the sole is so high.

All in all, a good quality, rather rigid shoe. Those who want a well-cushioned shoe and have no achilles/ankle problems, try it out - if you're susceptible to that kinda problem, you should stay away from them. Keep in mind I'm talking about the old (Shintaro Ikeda's) model, not the new one.

19. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

I bought adidas bt feather shoes yesterday. I was drawn in by the design. It looked fantastic! However, i felt deceived after buying it. It did not match my expectations.

The shoes felt heavy. I am puzzled why nobody here raised that one "important" detail. I have been using yonex ultima for last few months. It was not high end shoes. I love it though. It was light and protected the knees well. The knees did not feel sore after using it for hours.

As for bt feather shoes, the cushioning and support felt rigid. It was tough on the knees. I have not brought it to court yet. I did a little testing this morning since i was eager to try it out. Hopefully, i will get used to the shoes in the near future. I can still turn it to casual shoes though. It is one good looking shoes!

20. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Hi, may I know where did you buy it? Whats the pricing?