Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No idea, German stores dont have it in stock. It's only available via badmintonshoponline.us for me, and I'm currently more interested in other stuff....

2. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    This models have more flex at shaft, it's mean more flex. S for Speed. So not Stiff that so many ppl think about.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Speed and flex are completely different things...

4. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Have this information from LN guys at China. Believe or not.

5. kamean

kamean New Member

IT Executive
    N70II better...head heavy balance...it suitable for me to play single either double.. :)

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well for YOU it may be better, for me, it's not - I've finally got good enough technique and timing to use lighter rackets in singles as well, and as a result, can save quite a bit of energy. Now, swinging around those heavy rackets just tires me out earlier but doesn't give me any real advantage, smashes may be 10% faster, but defense with other rackets is up to 50% better....anyway, glad you found 'your' racket :)

7. kamean

kamean New Member

IT Executive
    yeah..N70II i think better for me...for those who like head heavy racket..can try n90..but 2nd gen of li-ning racket is more lighter than 1st gen. Yonex racket is more lighter than li-ning...li-ning the best so far for me..

8. kamean

kamean New Member

IT Executive
    N70-II is 2nd gen...is more light than N70..

9. Archaic

Archaic Regular Member

Secondary Student
    Sorry to budge in when you guys are talking about the N-series. Is UC 3100 nice?

10. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    Matsu_des

Hi Li-ning racket users. I recently purchased a storm N70 as i read nice things about it, that it was even balance, very user-friendly and powerful racket that can produce very nice controlled drop shots. However, when i use it, it feels very heavy and sluggish and also a lot of weight feels like it sits in the T-joint area. Is this racket suppose to be this way? Also, any tips on how I should wield this thing? :confused:

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well the racket CAN feel very heavy, depending on what you used previously. As I started with the N90, the N70 felt easier to use and a little lighter, but if you're used to light, head-light rackets, it'll feel heavy. Give it some time to get used to, like 8-10hrs of training....
    O course the racket IS head-heavy (BP around 300mm), so if you can't get used to that, you should try the N50 or N55 instead. They're both more balanced and lighter than this one.

12. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the advice j4ckie. I previously used Victor bravesword 11 and ns9900 and would always switch back to them whenever I couldnt handle the weight of the N70. Perhaps I should try to stick with it more. Also, to make it easier to use, i added a tiny bit of lead tape to the handle around a 1/3 up the handle and only about a 7cm thin strip. This shaved off about 5mm balance point without having to add another grip and making it bigger. Is this ok to do or would it affect the racket in any negative way? For example, it swings a lot quicker for wrist smashes in doubles, but would it have less power? control? etc.

13. bbapp

bbapp New Member

Can anyone tell me whether there is a review on the li-ning bp300a?

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Other than increasing the overall weight, I doubt it has a negative influence on anything. Whenever I warm up with a lighter racket (PP Precision, Ti-10, N50...) I also think it feels kinda sluggish - but if I warm up with it, it feels just fine. Gripping higher is essential with this racket. I also prefer not to use to much wrist and gripping action when playing with it, making bigger movements - which feels easier, although my coach wants to kill me whenever I smash a simple net kill :D
    Watching Cai Yun play with it somehow helped me handle it better - his style of play with it is easy to imitate (gripping high, using much forehand action,....)

15. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    not sure if this was already posted somewhere earlier but this might help people roughly narrow their search for a li-ning

Li-Ning Chart.jpg

16. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

To those user that just started to use the N-series, all is heavy head and it is just how heavier compared to each other. if you previously used cheap rackets like apac/protech/...., you will notice it instantly that it feel sluggish/timing out/slow response.

You will eventually get used to the rackets and appreciate the beauty of high-end rackets.

Some of these rackets may not be appreciated if your tension of string is low or your wrist power is not strong enough. Try 27lbs -28lbs for the strings. if you are able to wield your racket at this tension, your wrist power is good enough.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While I agree that you generally need a strong wrist for these, 27-28lbs are not necessary to enjoy these rackets. 25-26 are okay, and the N90 needs 26+. If you start with lower tension, they still feel good, but the performance is much better with higher tensions :)
    Easiest to use are N77&N33, hardest to use are N90 and N90II. Arm and wrist strength are essential with the N90 or you'll get hurt.

18. rossifumi6399

rossifumi6399 Regular Member

Just bought LN TB200A series with 24lbs..will try it tonite...:D

19. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

N90s the hardest to use? my wrist is already hurting from using N50II....at 25lbs

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The N90 is significantly heavier and stiffer. You need to swing it a faster than the N50II to bend the shaft, which makes stopping that motion harder. The higher weight and BP add to that - even the N70 (head heavier than the N50II) is a lot easier to use than the N90. I changed rackets during a tournament once (broken string) and as a result, my whole arm hurt the next day from the increased stress. The N90 is really hard to master, those who played with the old AT700 will love it, but if you're not advanced enough to use it, it'll just feel very heavy and kinda numb, and your shots will be weaker.