2014 Li-Ning BWF WORLD Championships : Day-6 (30th August 2014) - SEMIFINALS

Discussion in 'World Championships 2014' started by CLELY, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Please.... Tell me where did he say this? I would be on heavens if it were to be true. As far as I have heard them, they have always drawn equivalence between LCW and LD, or totally placed LD's success on LCW choking. Once, Gill went even as far as to say that LCW is the true ambassador because you need to play regularly. It was strange for a person like me, who has been brought in badminton by Lin Dan.

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

So CL will deny LCW again. This is going to be funny. 3 silvers for LCW. He will never ever win a major hehe.

3. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    The closest thing I remember is he saying that Lin Dan is a very solid overall player.

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Also China fans can enjoy the Korea vs Korea MD too. Not.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

One of the reasons why I admire Peter Gade apart from his wonderful badminton is his magnanimity and honesty in openly declaring Lin Dan as the best MS player in history - that coming from someone who lived in Lin Dan's era and was denied time after time by Lin Dan for greater successes. Remember, when PG retired he specially arranged and personally invited Lin Dan, only him and no one else, to a Farewell Match and also hosted him to a dinner at his private residence.

Another one is Lee Hyun-Il who once called Lin Dan the perfect shuttler.

6. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    nothing to take away from marin, she played so fantastically and she was so quick on her feet though i felt that sindhu didn't looked like she's gonna win right from the start, her body language, those simple errors she made, i think those long long matches took a toll on her at last. .she was moving too slow and she played good badminton in patches on the other hand marin was so confident right from the start.
    those wild shrieks of her apart. .i really like the way she walks around the court with so much pride and she smiles in between, i mean she never gets intimidated by her opponent. sindhu must be very unhappy of not getting past. .she has been stuck with the bronze medal in every major competition she has entered .

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's actually a good thing that Chen Long starts as the underdog tomorrow, then most of the pressure will be on LCW. Admittedly, LCW's chances are higher and he is in excellent form as clearly evident in how he dealt with his opponents here so far. You can safely discount all his previous talk about his supposed injury and whatnot, take it as smokescreen, not the first time he has done it.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for Chen Long, may he rise as The Dragon again and thereafter.

8. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    hopefully marin can give a tough time to li xuerui tomorrow, li is just so good it will be very difficult for marin. just wan't to see a good high quality final, rather finals i should say. .hopefully players will give their best inspite of playing against their own teammates in case of MD, WD and XD as well may be, time will tell.

#208 arjevo, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

In my view, Chen Long is the clear favourite to crush LCW. LCW has all the pressure in the world and has proven time and time again that he is not a champion in big situations. Chen Long to deny LCW once more. I think we'll clearly see tears this time from LCW hehe.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ma Jin seldom smash from the backline, only when she is playing WD and even then not often enough.

11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Anyway these world champs don't feel right. Indonesian MD top pair, world number 1 and defending champs, Indonesian XD top pair and defending champs, and MS defending champ didn't play.

What's glaringly obvious for China fans is that despite a top non-China MD pair not participating, China were unable to get a pair to the semi-final. Is China focusing too much on XD and WD? Surely with the excessive population and badminton interest in China, there isn't a lack of talent in MD?

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Xu Chen and Ma Jin are so sharp today, overpowering the Danish pair.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just managed to catch the last few point. the tactical and placement awareness of Xu/Ma was superb.

14. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    not one single semifinal match went to a third and deciding game. .that's so not expected from the semifinals, that too of world championships.

#214 arjevo, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I expect the All-CHN affairs in WD and XD as well as the All-KOR MD Final to be fiercely contested and produce badminton of the highest order as their internal rivalries will come to the fore. Who doesn't want to win the WC ? We are in for a treat tomorrow.

Of course, the MS and WS Finals will be intensely fought battles, no doubt about it, esp the MS Dream Final.

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

So two China vs China matches in the final. Pity, as it's never as exciting as different countries fighting it out. And Xu Chen to lose once more to Zhang/Zhang - there's nothing more certain when these two pairs play hehe.

17. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

if you are right,

1. i get extremely bored when one single player, LCW, always occupies a spot in the finals of every competition so easily...

2. it is extremely unhealthy to the sports when one single player, LCW, occupies a spot in the finals of every competition...

if you are wrong, it is healthy to the sports only if the better player in every match wins, the better player wins on court and not being restricted from participation by non-sports means...

it is the only way to be good to the sports when other players play better and beats the used-to-be-better players ON COURT and not on curse....

it will be a curse to the sports world when ppl started to talk about sports just on nationality... that reminds me of the what the Fascists want to do before and during WWII...

18. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

this must have been said by PG, not MF....

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LHI is a true man.... as you know he did compete fiercely with LD and had so many controversies happened between them on court....

20. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

i think LCW is the favorite this time... he was concentrated and well prepared before WC by not participating in some prior competitions (not really believe he was injured) as he knows this is his best forever chance to win a WC...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.