Was Chen Jin cheating?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by bogensaebel, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

the answer is yes and no. no, this is not happening, not really; most members have presented good reasoning behind their views. and yes, the discussion has not been entirely productive. for the most part of this thread, it appears as if we are trying to convince just one person that there was no cheating (on either side). but although jug8man thinks that all your points are "no doubt valid", he still adamantly maintains that CJ was a cheat.

and some of his (obviously numerous) back-up points include:

so, hey how can you argue with all that?
    but luckily, he advised :
    even though, admittedly it was he who initiated the thread out of emotion.

in Conclusion, i think it's time we rest our case. we've done our best. Cheers, Chill and be happy. :)

#181 Anatolii, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  2. ericmeiguo

ericmeiguo Regular Member

Do you ever read the statistics? Smash winner: 6 vs 18

I can't image there is such a way that CJ could manipulate the birds to slow down TH's smash but not to affect his own smash.

3. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

Exactly, CJ smashed much more than TH curing the entire match. I really don't get it where the "cheating" part is from.

4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

If you cannot beat the opponent on the court. You try to destroy him outside the court. That is what happening.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..that's another interesting question to ask..

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

it is the opinion of an "unbiased and neutral supporter', and besides that how do we know that this person is a shuttle expert also, even more expert than the BWF experts and other spectators and BC members involved with badminton for decades.

7. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

So far as far as the players are concerned and based on the history and record of the players I agree with Cheung totally.

And don't forget that Cheung is also a certified coach like many many others here.

I would still like to learn how to manipulate a shuttle undetected, maybe someone could demo it on youtube.

then I will deliver it by hand to the BWF Also then I earn some extra pocket money by winning lots of bets "short cut" way. That will be using know how to make some pocket money.

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

What does that suppose to mean???

Look guys, Im sure TH would not make such a lame excuse, nor TH fans. If this is not the case, please point me where exactly prior to now. This thread has NOTHING to do with TH. TH never mentioned it after the match, and Im sure he accept the lost as a grown man and so did all TH fans around the world. Making this thread sounds like TH fans complaining about CJ cheating is just simply WRONG!!!

This thread is about DID CJ CHEAT???? And the answer is WE DONT KNOW. We can talk about it for 1000 years and still dont know the answer, its only CJ himself knows.

The thread should ask, DID CJ TAMPERED THE SHUTTLE?? And the answer to that is likely to be YES. Then you can ask further question, DID TH HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO REF? YES, HE HAD. Then, DID THE REF MAKE RIGHT DECISION? YES HE DID.

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

This shuttle manipulation thing reminds me of the "S" service debacle back in the early 80s.Of course the IBF banned it.

If sneaky manipulation of shuttles is so effective it is time to let BWF officials know about it so there can be no unfair advantage.

I think eventually unlike the S problem, this issue may become a non-issue.

As for Taufik's involvement he has been adamant about CJ manipulating the shuttle esp in a SS series where he kept complaining to the officials even after the match was over,if necessary I can show the clip to prove it,just as I can show clips of how CJ appears to "manipulate" the shuttle when playing Taufik.. Then it is no longer speculation or hearsay it is a visual record, just like catching a criminal on cctv.
    Give me some though to produce the clips.

10. logatech

logatech Regular Member

I guess whether you agree or not, some posts in this thread do sound like Taufik fans complaining about CJ cheating. You are right that Taufik has nothing to be blamed. He did not mention that ChenJin manipulated the shuttle after the game, which shows in some sense that this whole shuttle thing is one of Taufik's tactics.

You said that the question is "DID CJ CHEAT???? And the answer is WE DONT KNOW". What does this suggest? Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. ChenJin is innocent, unless you have valid proofs. If you want to discuss whether ChenJin cheated or not, you need to have some evidences to back you up. Otherwise, the question itself is a pointless statement that is not fair to ChenJin, and the intention of posing such a question without any solid evidences is very suspicious to me.

#190 logatech, Aug 30, 2010
  11. logatech

logatech Regular Member

I guess if Taufik is so confident that ChenJin does cheat when playing against him, then an easy thing to do is to ask his coach to take a camcorder to record ChenJin doing it. This is easy to do and may be presented to the IBF as evidence against ChenJin after the match. But Taufik did not do that after his numerous complaints against ChenJin on different occasions.

#191 logatech, Aug 30, 2010
  12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The proof is CJ tampered the shuttle, no doubt about it, im sure if the video become available then i can show it to you. But even that, i would not say CJ cheated, we should draw a line between whether CJ was cheating and CJ tampering the shuttle, shouldn't we?

Look i did not start this thread, and as a TH fan i should be suspisious about the motive of this thread. Once again this thread is about DID CJ CHEAT?

Dont ask me why, ask the thread starter.

If you want to ask if its TH tactics, then you should start a new thread

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Then what?? you think BWF will revoke CJ title????

14. logatech

logatech Regular Member

Of course, it is not personal, just my opinions. I apologize if you found my words are offensive. Now, my question is, if you have no doubt that ChenJin tampered the shuttle, can you please kindly explain that why the referees did not notice when they closely examine two shuttles (one new, one "tampered" by ChenJin? Thanks.

15. logatech

logatech Regular Member

Of course, this video tape plus Taufik's testimonies that this behavior affected his play.

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    if i give it to you make sure you are living somewhere near to bwf office

otherwise balance the pocket money with your expenses

check your pm

17. hador7

hador7 Regular Member

The only person cheating here was Taufik. He did so to rest since it's obvious that his physical conditioning is not on par with Chen Jin's. In addition, this tactic was also used to break Chen Jin's concentration. That is the definition of cheating.

And it's sad because it tainted Chen Jin's victory. Taufik has no sense of honour whatsoever. And people are so wowed by his past accomplishments that they give him the benefit of the doubt whenever he goes into his little fits as he did in this final.

I bet you if the roles were reversed, and it was Chen Jin criticizing Taufik for manipulating the shuttle, the thread would still be titled "Did Chen Jin cheat." It's sad that there is so much disdain against the Chinese players that people would do and say anything to taint their success.

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I go to Cheras complex quite often.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I closed that thread already

20. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Nothing in my Pm.

Hey bets start at hundreds of ringgit in Old Klang road.

The again maybe those guys are bigger cheating experts than me already. Also manipulating the shuttle cannot help
    me as my skill level is below that of those betting heavily.

#200 Bbn, Aug 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.