Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    It sure is! Even if we can afford to buy one of each Victor rackets, we still have to determine whether 3U or 4U works best of us. Then there's the issue of what string to strung them with and at what tension as different string and tension behaves differently with different rackets. The fun is not in finding that elusive "go-to" racket but the (never ending) journey getting there.

2. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    agreed 110%...get BS10 out of BS11. i used to get bs10 before bs11 :) never regret.

3. vinzend

vinzend Regular Member

isn't BS10 similar with MX80? head heavy and stiff? since I don't really know what kind of a racket guy I am, I wanna try something different. one stiff and head heavy, the other one is all-rounder. what do you think?

yes i know, I'm always like this when it comes to buying equipment, very picky :eek:

that is so true! i don't know yet whether i should get 3U or 4U... but i'm assuming i should go with 4U since I play doubles most of the time? but will it make big difference in terms of smash power though?

4. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

Went on a shopping spree and decided to pick up the MX80 over Bravesword 10/11.
    Can't wait to try it out tonight :D

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Once you're under the spell of the carbon fiber, red, white and gold......it's all over!

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Get a 3U racket - you'll get used to the weight and be quick enough, and it's much more powerful to smash with. If you should decide on the BS10 - it's very quick, even on the heavy end of the 3U range. Same goes for the MX80.

7. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

'Tis a shame.
    Played at a terrible facility with my MX80 tonight. Horrible lighting so i had to react a few seconds late for every shot, and it's almost impossible to track the distance of your shots. All my shots sounded really dull, i'm guessing it's due to the facility as well.

As for the racket, it is quick, but i can't say anything about the power until i play at a better facility.

8. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yup avoid sw35 if you're beginner. you may hate it if you can't use it, in fact this racket is the most powerful racket ever made by victor. what i can say is sw35 only become legendary story where people will only remember it but people who use it become lesser.

9. vinzend

vinzend Regular Member

I had been thinking that BS12 is more flexible than BS11 so far, but it's actually the other way around
    http://www.victorsport.com.tw/product_data.php?id=7VIt6qCQ9NlTr4n9tlziLm9sbyhQ8s
    http://www.victorsport.com.tw/product_data.php?id=eB34blGnST7eopUfABLM0XCMO2Zix

:confused:

agree, i have to get used to it and build my muscle :D

yea I'm not getting SW35. either BS11 or BS12 now. it's like this :

1. MX80
    2. BS11 / BS12 ? (most likely BS11 since BS12 is closest to BS09 and I'm waiting for BS09 LYD)
    3. MX70 (for my doubles partner, he owns BS10 so we will have 4 different rackets and we can share depends on the situation :D)

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think someone got the stiffness wrong on the site - the one printed on the shaft of the test racket was 4/5 stiff (same as BS10 in that regard). It's only an indication, though.

11. vinzend

vinzend Regular Member

which one are you talking about? BS12?
    I also don't know what tension I should go with. 24 / 26 / 28?
    my friend told me to go with 28 but i'm scared it will be too much for me.

I know I look so embarrassing, asking so many questions. please bear with me guys.
    guarantee, after I purchase these, I will know better what kind of a player I am thus less questions :eek:

#691 vinzend, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Meant the BS11. The 5 point stiffness rating is a little rough, though - as I said, it has the same rating as the BS10 (normally) but is more flexible. Don't worry about asking questions - we're glad to help :)

13. vinzend

vinzend Regular Member

I have made up my mind. MX80 and BS12, both 3U strung with VS850 @26lbs
    thank you guys for all the responds. you all are so helpful and friendly, it's very appreciated.

I'm looking forward to becoming a member :D

decided to get BS12 instead so I can tell better whether I'm a stiff-racket guy or flex-racket.
    danke!

14. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

15. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Btw there is a typo on the Victor TW site for the BS11?

http://www.victorsport.com.tw/product_data.php?id=7VIt6qCQ9NlTr4n9tlziLm9sbyhQ8s (flexible shaft)

As opposed to the global site:

http://www.victorsport.com/product_data.php?id=7VIt6qCQ9NlTr4n9tlziLm9sbyhQ8s (medium stiff shaft)

Anyways, can officially say I've join the club. Got a MX-70 3 weeks back but couldn't get used to it, so got myself a SW37, originally as a secondary racquet to my VT-70. Played with it first time yesterday, am loving it! At this way things go, my VT-70 will have to share play-time 50/50 already... :cool:

16. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    nice photos mizivincible as always :)

17. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    why don't u get SW37 instead of MX70? If u get it, u'll have almost a complete range of the newest Victor's line up.. :D

Btw, please give a review for BS12 and MX70 ( if u buy it ) compared to MX80 ya.. i wanna know how's the performance.. :)

18. vinzend

vinzend Regular Member

MX70 is for my partner so it wasn't me to decide. I did try persuading him to get SW35 / SW37 though.
    he didn't want it :p

yea I will let you guys know my thoughts later on, but the MX70 will be a bit subjective since it has different string and tension.

19. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

From my POV (taking into account that I'm no pro but just a highish mid-beginner), comparison of MX70 vs SW37, both strung with VS850 @24lbs:

Both were relatively easy to play with overall. Clears and smashes seems to be more accessible with the SW, due to its mid-stuff shaft, as compared to the stiff MX probably. Whereas comparatively, the sweet-spot of the MX feels smaller.

Power-wise seems to be about the same, but then again this might be due to the physical/skill limitations of the user. :p

Now the interesting thing is that the day after the 2nd session with the MX, which happened to be a 3hr session (sessions normally last 2hrs here) where I played doubles continously w/o rest, I suffered a severe case of whiplash, not dissimilar to being rear-ended in a car. Such that for the next 2 days or so, I couldn't raise/lower/turn my head fully without feeling pain at the base of my neck. Likewise I experienced pain at the base of my right shoulder-blade. Thankfully, the neck pain eased off gradually after 4 days and with the latter pain taking slightly more time.

Not sure if it's my technique being wrong or my conditioning is not up to par. Fyi, I'm 1.75m tall and 76kg dood, with a normal build.

IMHO my 2 cents, HTH... YMMV.

[Do note that I did not try the 2 racquets back-to-back, but on separate sessions as I sold off the MX70 (2 sessions) and got the SW37 (1 session so far) soon after]

#699 axl886, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  20. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

axl886,

sounds nasty. which weight class is your mx 70 and sw37?

which racket and what tensions & strings were you using before the mx70?

#700 ssgg007, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011