APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

This is a 4u , slightly head heavy balance with medium stiff racket? How do it compared to tantrum200 actually? Finding something to replace my tantrum200 soon

2. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    I just took a quick look at both and I take back my statement. I guess i was noticing that the decal work isn't as good on the AVP then the Nr750.

But if you can get a good clash without any chips then that's where it counts. I haven't clashed my rackets at all for a while.

3. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    I think the stiffness is very comparable to Yonex "stiff" rating or just a hair below. No idea on tantrum 200 though so apologies for that.

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you can find Adidas Duoforce in Malaysia, that will be a great replacement. The Duoforce is faster in defence compared to Tantrum 200 and it doesn't lose much in attack.

5. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

Adidas might be abit over price for me

6. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Arg!! I have to wait 3 weeks for my racket to arrive! :crying: I want it now!

7. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Oh yay! Only took a bit over a week for my AVP to arrive! Woot woot! So excited to go try it out but not having a game till Friday.

First impression: Feels solid. Definitely head heavy but swing speed is not slow.

I'll need a few sessions with it to get a better feel of the experience. Will be interesting to compare it with my current fav, the Tantrum 300.

8. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student
    Clashed my racket pretty hard with my partner during my last session with this racket.. Surprisingly the racket still looks good as new :)

9. calyon

calyon Regular Member

none
    Is the avp suitable for beginners? I play around 2hrs per week for 2yrs or so. Would it suit me? Or is it too advanced?

10. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I'm still getting used to it, only had it for 2 weeks but I think its quite suitable for beginners. Found it easy to use and clears very easily. But harder to generate power, when compared with the Tantrum 300 and Armor Muscle Pro 90, although this may be due to the overgrip I put on, making it less a head heavy balance. Very forgiving racket too, even with strings up to 27lbs (using Yonex BG80 power).

11. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Agree, it is flexi and should be very beginner friendly, the head heaviness will also add some power. I find this is my goto racket after a session of tiring/wearing out/killing my arms with the vt80 or zforce.

12. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Flexi? A VT80 with all that weight in the head will be easier to flex than an AVP with its even balance and aero frame.

Almost any racket will be OK for a beginner if he/she practices long enough with it

13. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Yes but the vt80 is heavier (3u) and headheavier, requiring much more strength and effort.
    Not sure about even balance for the avp .. certainly not as headheavy as vt80, but it does feel more headheavy to me than tantrum 300

14. phanlinhkhuong

phanlinhkhuong Regular Member

Badminton Shop Owner
    Can you guys tell me which one is better? AVP or BS LYD?

15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I prefer the AVP, it takes longer to get used to it than the BS LYD but i think its a better racket once you spend time getting to know it. The AVP is cheaper than BS LYD in uk too.

16. phanlinhkhuong

phanlinhkhuong Regular Member

Badminton Shop Owner
    Ok, i have feeling on AVP too.

17. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

Finally got mine, too! It took a month to ship from malaysia to europe, but now I got it :)
    I didnt play with it yet, just had a few hit and it felt fantastic. I will like this racket.

18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

That's not good for shipping from Malaysia, it usually only takes 3/4 days to UK from badmintonace. Did the parcel get stuck in customs?

19. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

Well I dont know.. the shop shipped very fast and the parcel departed from malaysia only few days after ordering, but it took 2 weeks before it was registred in Frankfurt and it took another week for DHL to deliver. I guess its the german custom working slow. Normally I order a lot of stuff from China (mostly DIY electronics stuff oder clothing for my gf) and sometimes it arrives in one week, sometimes in four. I dont really know why :)
    But however, I am happy that I finally got this racket :p

20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yeah they are good rackets, I hope you enjoy using it. I have just bought victor mx60 and JJS so we will see how they compare to the AVP.