Who can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by shooting stroke, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If we say the 4 are in some elite squad, thats even worse. It is embarrassing. We need to do justice to the word; elite.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Who wants another LCW??:eek: We dont want another village champion who is mentally weak. We want a true champion/s , not another village shuttler.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...but he lost to wong wing ki....in dutch junior....one of the contender of wjc this year

4. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    I gotta ask what happened at that match... maybe I'll get to see him monday night at sba as his mum asked me to go spar with him there :)... maybe that match he got food poisoning ....haha.... that's usually their reason for losing in europe....

and oh yeah... how old is wong wing ki???? is he 16 yrs old ? same age with zulfadli?

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

possibly, but when LCW made his breakthrough, there were still some pretty good players out there, like PG, TH, BCL, CH and of course LD. out of those mentioned, i don't dispute LD is the most dominant, but LCW is sitting pretty amongst the rest.

If MAS were to produce another player to even challenge PG, TH, BCL or CJ, i'd be mighty impressed, not to mention relieved.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...pm me after u ask...hehe...

i think wwk is now 18 already....:)

7. waja11

waja11 Regular Member

It seems like u r so good in talking bad about them..do u really think u can find a new lin dan in china?i can assured u it wont happen same as the situation it is in mas..it is very rare to find such a complete player..even in china they have so many talents but some of them did lost to our mjs..remember in german open?du peng yu lost to cwf,lu yi lost to tcs in last year mas open..if ur saying this group is useless then i think the same can be say to those china juniors as well..wat is so embarrassing bout that?

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Look at the big picture. Big picture, please. Dont kid yourself with 'remember German Open where DPY lost to CWF, in Mas Open where Lu Yi lost to TCS etc'. Those are syiok sendiri syndrome. If you want to compare, compare the big picture. Do you know how many major titles China have won in badminton?? We cant even compare to Denmark, let alone China.

Worry about us first before you want to worry about China not being able to find another LD. China know what they are doing, the major titles in their cabinet is testimony that they can produce results. We just need to look at ourselves first and please dont be deluded with our CWF beat DPY and TCS beat Lu Yi etc etc. Do note our juniors or so called 'elite' shuttlers are now in their early 20s already, do you see any breakthroughs from these bunch of 'elite' shuttlers??? Or you are still in happy land over them beating some chinese shuttlers here and there.

Again, big picture ... please.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i see...now they are in elite squad eh????why i dunno????

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ya lah, since when those 4 promoted from elite back-up to elite ?? They just got into elite back-up in 2009. Elite supposed to be LCW & WMC only.
    Hafiz is somewhere in between, if he lasts that long.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This one has an element of truth, yet you cannot use this to generalise.

OK look back to the past junior WC. remember LCW, BCL, LD, sony all reached the s/final stage of the same tournament. Yet LCW was the last to breakthrough to the senior ranks.

Is it a development problem? Are present MAS juniors being restricted in opportunities that t'fore restricts their senior development?
    is it really true a 'generation gap' has occurred in talent?

#31 Cheung, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...there is some problem for years...and this year....bam have change some negative problem toward a positive way....:rolleyes:...but not yet POSITIVE....:(

13. kooixh

kooixh Regular Member

student
    how about wong choong hann

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i fainted now....:eek:

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Replacement for Wong Choon Hann?
    Long way to go..we have to wait for him to be 30s and see whether that guy can still play.

I got to say, Choon Hann cannot go up further, he has reached the limit, but would like to see another player from Malaysia who has fighting spirit like his.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Whether it is elite back up or elite, we need to do justice to that word, elite. And by the way, elite is the correct spelling, not 'elit'. There is a difference just like simulation exercise and stimulation exercise.

And we have another category for those in between the back up elite and elite??? :eek: I wonder what is this category called??? Another 'elite' something,eh?

If those 4 are what we called the back up elite, we need serious help then. Do we have a back up to the back up elite squad???

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Look at HH & KBH for instance. For an example, KBH have been with the national team for 10 years. Imagine for 10 years we are still keeping this dead horse. Isnt it not a wonder why we dont see any new shuttlers coming through?

Generation gap?? There is no excuse. We have the best of everything when it comes to foreign coaches, facilities, support and infra, incentives etc etc. Plus badminton is a well received sport in the country.

The current batch? Not generalizing, but they are all above average shuttlers.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

20. kooixh

kooixh Regular Member

student
    I mean can choon hann can replace datuk lee?