Tribute to WS greatest ever player: Susi " the Ballerina" Susanti

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Yoppy, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

cmon..sxxx up.....grow up....its true Susi couldnt beat Lilingwei, but Susi did beat Han aiping in 1989..cant remember what tournament..but i think it was the World Cup....

and how old was she at that time..16 or barely 17....can China produce a player like susi or taufik...winning tournaments at the age of 16 or 17...cmon grow up will you...dont put a rubbish comment in this thread....

You cant compare Lin Dan and Rudy...Rudy is a Legend hahahahah....

i dont hate lin dan...but your comment was too harsh....hahaha

rudy won most of his titles..especially the All England with Wooden Racket...WOODEN RACKET hahahahahah
    once again GROW UP and think before you post your comment

2. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

here we go again..

OG - Taufik won fair and square (everybody needs to be well prepared for Olympic)..if they dont ..too bad
    WC - Taufik outclassed LCW in the SF and Lindan in the final ....WAITTTTTT...in the OLD SCORING SYSTEM

and then 1 more year after the WC..here comes the ASIAN GAMES (where taufik was a defending champion)...but this time..WITH A NEW SCORING SYSTEM.....and guess what..Taufik beat Bao chunlai in the QF, LCW in the SF and Lindan again in the FINAL..all of them in STRAIGHT GAMES...

hmmm.....dare to put more comment???????????

OH YEAH, i forgot to mention...Taufik was the FIRST PLAYER which held an OLYMPIC title as well as WORLD CHAMPION title at the same time.....plus the thomas cup that he won in 2000 and 2002

end of comment

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    This is a thread about Susy, a great player on her own... and all of a sudden, it was infested by pointless debate about Taufik's achievements and his greatness.
    Things are getting sour, and unless everyone stay calm (and to some extent... mature), flame war will start soon. Then the mods will 'intervene' and the thread will be closed... which I don't want it to happen.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    True. I did consider deleting the off topic threads beforehand but choose to leave them as an example.

You can see in these comparisons that Li Ling Wei/Han Ai Ping were better than Susi because of a defeat. But we never saw those two play Susi after 1990 which would have been more relevant as Susi's level got better and better. However, very strangely, some pro-chinese player supporters choose to ignore this very relevant information.

5. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

yeah jagdpanther..i couldnt agree more with you..and i apologize for my comments...its just that, this forum is dedicated for Susi...and some pro chinese supporter brought Taufik's achievements into this thread....

its just not right

6. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Hahahahahaha

Juat relaxe bro.. even in an indonesian forum about badminton there's a thread dedicate to susi and it turn out to be a very hot debate comparing Susi to LLW and others CHN WS. There's someone who very objection that we indonesian for our own consider Susi as the very best WS ever. If you see there a lot of insult to Susi and that person even dear to say Susi as a looser. I wonder if that is the one who made the complaint here too :)
    http://forum.detik.com/all-susi-susanti-t54430.html

Sorry I'm not try to flame here just want to share

#46 drquick, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

No, she lost to Huang Hua in 2 straight games in 1989.

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

may be as both Li Lingwei and Han Aiping were retried on/before 1990 got something to do with it

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Some CHN choose to ignore this relevant information? Maybe not. Maybe they just lack the intelligence and imagination to extrapolate.

10. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Yes. I'm that person. They insult LLW as a p********e, bcoz they can't accept the fact that LLW is greater tban susi
    Li Lingwei (and also HAP) dominates the 1980's era, known as "the golden era of WS badminton". An era which is Susi can't even win one title, bcoz Susi is not that great. She only can dominates in the "silver or even bronze era of WS badminton"
    LLW never won OG bcoz no OG on her era, so it wasn't her fault. Susi can't even win 1 CHN open title. Not Susi's fault ?

#50 Fortune, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  11. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Susi not only strugle to LLW and HAP, but also to many players in "the golden era of WS badminton". 16 years old Susi has the chance to compete in 1987 World Championships. In 1988, she was a playing member of INA Uber Cup squad that enters semifinal. Actually, not many WS players has the same experience in major events compare to Susi, but she even can't win 1988 BAC and 1989 Taiwan open, even though there was no world class players in both events.

12. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Haaaahhhh .... So I'm right
    I hope you do not bring the insult to Susi here because you can see there's no one insult LLW here. You can say whatever you want to and continue your insult to Susi in detik forum but please don't start flame here because I'm sure the moderators here are not so kind like in the other forum.
    Am I right mod ?? :)

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Gong Zhichao also greater than Susi. That's why a teenager GZC whom has no OG / WC / UC / SC experience can demolish Susi in straight set @ Russia open 1996. Later, Gong can overtake Susi and any other WS players (except Mia) in world ranking, even though Gong has not OG points.

14. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    I would rather say that Susi was not so good as a teenager despite her experiences at early stages. Of course not as good as GZC and Mia at their ages. But than she improved and won many major titles through her career.

I know that you want to say that LLW/HAP are better player than Susi because Susi couldn't beat them at that time and much more other reasons. But if you want to say here that Susi is not a great player and not rated her among the best WS in history, and that she is a looser and just a fake champion -- just like all you said to insult her in detik forum -- please don't do that all things here because I'm sure that many members here will definetely not agree with you

15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

For those who oppose the fact that Susi is WS greatest ever, can say whatever you like. For us, just the memory of her is good enough. This thead is for Susi fans, and if the title is regarded as a disrespectful for some, then let's create a new thread titled "world greatest WS player ever" shall we?

16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    It's the fact that oppose Susi from being the best, not me :p
    Another thread ? For what ? The title of this thread is very clear : "Tribute to WS greatest ever player: Susi "the Ballerina Susanti"....you already said that she is the greatest. So now it is your turn to support your claim :p

17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    GZC successfully overtake Susi and any other WS players (except Mia) in world ranking despite she has no experience in major events, no OG points, and not focus in WS only. She also plays in WD. Compare it to Susi who only focus in WS. That's why I said, Gong was much better than Susi.
    2 major titles out of 8 participations, with 2 Gold and 2 Bronze medals. Compare it to LLW with 2 - 1 - 1 in just 4 participations, in the Golden era. Susi can't even win 1 medal in major event @ Golden era, despite WC 1989 held in Indonesia :p
    They insult LLW as a p********e. I'm not saying like that to Susi.

18. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
  19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Who said that Ye, Bang, Tang and Huang as the queens ? What is the reason ?

20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Forget about World Cup. It is not the official tournament by IBF. World Cup organize by IMG, that's why IBF not count the number of matches won in World Cup, and H2H records also didn't count :p
    Susi won a title when she was 16 or barely 17 ? The answer is NO ! even BAC and Taiwan open she could not win, despite no world class WS players in both events:p. She won INA open 1989 when she almost 19 years old. Can China produce the player like Susi ? Yes ! Even far better ! :p

#60 Fortune, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.