Girl died during badminton practice...

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Nephrus, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Um, taneepak, did I mention Kathmandu? :rolleyes:

2. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    I never played badminton in heights... Can't find a place for one T_T... In my regular mountain visit xD... I jog most in that place. It's Tawangmangu, located between East and Central Java. That place is about 1km above sea level. That was 3280ft. I myself feel more comfortable playing in those height T_T... Rather than in a hot city like my hometown or Surabaya...

Is it me or... anyone feel the same T_T... So I myself can't say that Mr Deputy is collapsed and died for having badminton in heights. It's said that he needs to rest for his last check up. Having to rest while playing badminton... I'd say he just broke in to rules.

3. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Oops... My bad... Genting was located about 2000metres... That was 6561 ft... Nah... I'll stay with my opinion T_T... I don't know which part of genting is he xD...

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    where i am at 1.1 km (3600 ft) above sea level, we use 74 speed shuttle.
    What shuttle speed do u guys use at those extreme high elevation?

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    My hosts had provided a Chinese brand - I vaguely remember it as Yonguang.
    It was very heavy and would easily go far out if one didn't control the clears.

But, what a pleasure it was to smash it! :D

6. bramyes

bramyes Regular Member

salesman
    may be on the night of the drunk .....

Training in the morning there are still remaining in the drinks players such body

I condole​

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Yike, this news clip has all the hot topics, badminton, health, politics, religion, science. :D:D

A TWO-DECADE spell was broken at Wisma MCA at 6.40pm on Sunday.

Party members shuddered to contemplate the careers of those who were picked as health minister since former health minister Datuk Chan Siang Sun died of a heart attack playing badminton in 1989.

And on Sunday, a former health minister and a serving one had placed their career very much on the line by contesting posts a notch higher in the party hierarchy.

The heavy rain outside Wisma MCA and the pulsating heartbeats of many inside served as the perfect backdrop as Datuk Yik Phooi Hong, the speaker, began naming the winners.

Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek and Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai, the former health minister and the current health minister respectively, won the top two posts to the relief of all. The curse had been broken.

In fact, it was the votes of the 2,318 delegates which ended the spell that had troubled MCA since Chan's death. Replacing Chan was Ng Cheng Kiat, whose career was cut short by factionalism.

Succeeding him was party strongman Datuk Lee Kim Sai (now Tan Sri). The health minister turned out to be Lee's last post. He and former president Tun Dr Ling Liong Sik had a chilly relationship.

The political path of the next health minister, Datuk Chua Jui Meng, was like a yo-yo.

To cut a long story short, Chua was defeated when he took on former president Tan Sri Ong Ka Ting in the 2005 party elections. Three years later, Jui Meng made another attempt, losing to Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat. Jui Meng has since joined Parti Keadilan Rakyat.

Dr Chua took over as health minister in 2005, only to tender his resignation in 2008 after he was implicated in a *** DVD scandal.

Liow was subsequently appointed health minister.

With all these sad endings of health ministers' careers, speculation was rife over Liow's fate.

But the results speak for themselves. Liow can be pretty reassured the "curse" is no more.

As for Dr Chua, his reversal of fortunes has catapulted him to the top.

Federation of Taoists Association of Malaysia president Tan Boon Seng said the fate of former health ministers was purely coincidental.

"There is no such thing as curse in religion.

"Liow may have done good to society through his contributions and this is probably why he was voted in. This is good karma," he said.

At least, whoever takes over the health minister's post from Liow can breathe a sigh of relief.

In any case, Dr Chua and Liow are far from superstitious.

After all, the former is a medical practitioner and the latter a nutritionist, and both were professionally trained and have always placed their trust in science.

8. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

rem to warm up , guys
    if dunno how to warm up , pls consult me.

9. Dorythefish

Dorythefish Regular Member

Student
    Could these people have died because of adrenaline or sitting down right after a good workout.

10. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    quite sad... especially if the parents cannot get any financial benefit from it. Sorry for being so cynical, i'm caucasian.