Victor SH9000ACE

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wuldup, Jan 1, 2012.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Sh1t! Didn't do some practice lunges as planned. And guess what ... slipped again on the mat while going for a deep lunge. No sweat or debris on the ground... just a long white streak of rubber left on the mat. :(

Is this just me and Borbor and no one else with this problem? I've *never* had this problem with my previous shoes before.

#241 visor, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I went to a shop which sells Victor goods in Tokyo. The shop only have SH8500 in stock and if you want to buy SH9000 you have to let them know. Anyway, thus so far there have only been one person who has bought the SH9000 and this person never mentioned an problems with the shoe accordingly to the shopkeeper.

I'm curious though how you land when you lunge? Just like with Yonex round sole you're supposed to land on the very end of the sole first. Still, I'm getting worried when I hear about this and I am considering buying the SH8500 instead.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

As I've attached on the previous page, I land on the brown rubber part first then roll onto the white part. The problem arises when my foot hasn't fully landed and my weight is still moving forward in the lunge, so there is a slight slip. But this slight slip never troubled my previous Yonex shoes as the heel material was all rubber, not this white rubber which is designed to be resistant to wear but unfortunately is definitely less grippy. :mad:

[​IMG]

4. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Hm, looking at the SH8500 for an example, it looks like that one has about the same amount of different rubber, but instead of white, it's grey. Wonder if it's the same there as well... I'm going to try and feel both shoes when I get the chance to next week.
    Would be nice if the other players who have tried the 9000 could make an input on this problem.

5. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    The heal rubber of the 9000 and 8500 look nearly identical - the 9000 having a bit more channeling down the centre of the brown area and also in the white area (grey, in the case of the 8500)

Grip wish, I would say they are close. The 8500 is certainly no worse than the 9000 for sure, and could well be a bit better. One thing is for sure, the 8500 offer a lot more cushioning at the back and is very noticable softer when lunging.

6. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

For me on mats, the white is a non issue

7. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

visor,
    try putting simplegreen on just the white part to make it more sticky. hope that helps.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

My 101LTD have split - well, the left one has - so I've got a pair of these on order for the new year. Simply couldn't resist them any longer.

You can all look forward to one of my usual nerd reviews;).

9. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Clue, have you had any problems with the grip?

10. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    So does the 8500 behave different on hard wood floor compared to the 9000?

11. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Not sure - I haven't played in my 9000 for a while. The 8500 compresses a lot more, which would suggest it should slide less.

12. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    So if someone asked, which one of them would you recommend ?

13. Porky

Porky Regular Member

How to checkout when the dates are over even after ur post? Haha :p

14. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    If anyone asks me. 9000 if you want speed with comfort; 8500 if you want the best in comfort and grip. My opinion only...

15. rAInMo9

rAInMo9 Regular Member

Got these shoes 2 weeks ago, and have only had trouble :( It seems like the "outer" (left side of left shoe, and right side of right shoe) part of the soles doesn't flare out enough, so when I split step or try to move horizontally, my feet kind of go "over" the sole...? Anyone else have this problem? I used to wear the SHB-102 LTD, and did not have this problem.

16. tigerlam92

tigerlam92 Regular Member

One thing I have notice is that the padding on top and side is a lot less than other shoes. This also make it feel less supportive and less forgiving to not tying your shoes tight. Do you tie your shoes snugly or wear them kind of loose? My shoes have been great, but I do have to tie them up snugly.

Cheers
    Hugh

#256 tigerlam92, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  17. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

Got the 9000 Ace last week. I saw the grip issue on the first day, right out of the box on the court. A bit slippery at times. Took it home that night and put windex window cleaner on a paper towel and wiped just the white parts. The second day, i had no grip problems anymore.

The worst thing though is i have blisters on the top of my foot where the tongue of the shoe touches the foot. I think it has to do with the tongue design. I think i will try to modify this tongue to make it less harsh... In the meantime I'll try all sorts of blister care stuff.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Tks... I'll have to try the window cleaner too. Perhaps there's some waxy material leftover from the moulding and release process.

19. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Waiting for your report!

20. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Right, so I got my pair today and like everyone else says: they are very comfortable. I felt very agile on court and the shoes felt very light compared to my previous Yonex shoes.I got extra laces (black) and a London 2012 bag with it.

Now to the main problem. I also noticed the problem with the white part of the sole being slippery. I played a fast singles game first and during the third point, I was going to lunge for an incoming drop shot and slipped. It wasn't bad and I didn't fall or anything, just slipped a little. After that we played mainly doubles and I never noticed it again.

On a closer look at the sole after the practice, I've noticed that some of the white has come off like some residue of sort. I also noticed that it looks like they PAINTED those parts in question. If that is the case, which it most likely is due to the paint / residue of it coming off during practice, then it is possible that the solution of the problem would be to clean the white part like paulierand suggested. Going to try them out again on Saturday.