Will Lee Chong Wei win the 2013 World Championship?

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2013.

?

Will Lee Chong Wei win the 2013 World Championship?

1. Yes, Lee Chong Wei will win!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, he will lose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

I lelieve the reason of so many postings supporting LCW is because we (all badminton fans) do not want world badminton comes to the status like table tennis which China alone can decide who will win which world titles and when and how many and the colours of medals ... no matter what fans you are (there is no need to hide which fan you are because being a fan of a player or country is quite natural - just like people like different colours of cars).

However, in the spirits of sport, the best players should win althogh from time to time we all want our favourite players to win but think from the otherside that other players also trained equally hard (if not harder) for it so it will be not fair for them to let it go.

I can see the future picture of MS badminton in the next few years when LCW retires which most likely will be dominated by CL, DPY, WZM, THW and XS unless other countries can produce someone special soon.

#81 ting_ht, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Hope CL win this WC

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    No need to hope, CL will win this WC :)

He's ready like a caged tiger waiting to be sprung out anytime :D

Even LD will be no match this time against him unless LYB interferes :D

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Many jia you fans doesn't really know what are getting from LCW-LD match.

Those thrills and nail biting matches are going going gone .... :D

Yes, just like last few calls in an auction lol

So i guess thats why most fans are supporting LCW and talking in this aspect :D

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

My support to LCW to win a WC doesn't mean I like him. Simply because he is the best non-Chinese MS player that should be able to give hope to all non-Chinese MS players by winning at least one WC, preferably by beating LD at least once in a major like WC.

And obviously 2013 could be the last possible LCW-LD major and that's why i want LD in this WC, and also want LCW to win this WC.

Yet LCW disappointed me by strongly object to LD's presence by non-badmibton reasons instead of embracing it bravely and endeavor to beat LD on court instead.

I still think LCW could win this WC just because I don't think LD had the form, desire nor motivation to stop him and CL may not yet possess the stability in really big occasions (like his performance in OG).

6. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

It is true that both LCW and CL have a point to prove in this WC.

On a lighter note, I believe LCW's grandfather generation came from the same province (Fu Jiang) in China as LD so they speak the same dialect (Min Nan) apart from Mandarin I guess. Any chance can our dear fans do some investigations on this?

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I have always wonder about this. Does LD speak Min Nan or Hakka?

#87 pcll99, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    There're hundreds of dialects in Fujian, which cannot communicate each other.

LD is a Hakka, he can speak Hakka. Hakka people were immigrated from northern China long time ago.

LCW's ancestor migrated from Fujian to Malaysia. I'm not sure whether he's Hakka, or Min Nan. I believe he can speak some Min Nan at least. But Lee, this family name, is a dominant family name for Hakka, famous Lees include: Lee Hsien Loong and Lee Kuan Yew, Prime Ministers of Singapore
    Lee Teng-hui, former President of Taiwan...

Anyhow, Both LD and LCW can speak fluent mandarin, they have talked using mandarin before.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I believe LCW can speak some Cantonese; I heard him speak Cantonese when he was playing in Macau; he was interviewed by a Hong Kong tv station.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LCW is from Penang, he speaks Hokkien. As you know, Penang nites speak Hokkien. He should be able to speak some Cantonese after so many years in KL.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Thanks.

Many Mainland Chinese students, after living in Hong Kong for many years, do not and cannot speak any Cantonese.

12. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Hokkien = Min Nan.

I said LCW can at least speak Min Nan, which is Hokkien. I'm not sure whether he can speak Hakka. Lee is a popular name among Hakka.

LD: Mandarin, Hakka.
    LCW: Mandarin, Hokkien, some Cantonese.

13. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I like CL to win it... but sadly I know CL cannot beat LD tbh... he has too much respect for LD that even though he has the capability to win, he would not do it....

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Both DuPY and WZM are disappointing with early round exits, R2 actually, in the SIN Open. I honestly now don't think they are a threat to Lee CW in the WC. Chen Long remains his No.1 threat but Chen Long is no Super Dan, at least not yet. And Lin Dan post-LOG is I believe certainly not (maybe never will be) on par with Super Dan in between and including the two Olympics, Beijing 2008 and London 2012.

My conclusion is Lee CW is definitely the frontrunner for this coming World Championships and, I'd add, probably his best and last chance to win it.

15. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    I find the same situation exists in Toronto, immigrants from Mainland and Taiwan refuse to learn Cantonese unless it is absolutely necessary. Most of the time it is the Cantonese(mainly from HK) speaking trying to communicate with them in Mandarin. You know how awful it is for a HK born Cantonese speaking Mandarin. This situation has been existing for as long as I can remember, I guarantee it will remain cause now Canada has more Mandarin speaking immigrants than Cantonese. I am not trying to start an argument, it is just my own observation.

16. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I agree LCW and Chen Long are the hot favourites to get WC title at the moment. However, I won't rule out LD. LD has skipped IO and SO to prepare for WC. So, he at least showed his interest to play well in WC. If he still has strong desire for the title and really train hard toward WC as he planned, he is still no 1 favourite for the title in my opinion. I still remembered how he lost WC in 2010 and bounced back to win Asian Games gold medal just a couple months later.

17. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

I am not sure if LD, DPY and WZM are hiding something in IO and SO but I believe that we will see the true faces of the Chinese players when it comes to big tournaments like WC, especially on their home soil.

18. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

But even with those trainings and preparations, LD would still lack of game senses or whatever it is, due to long absence from tournaments. Do you think he still has decent chance to win?

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I THINK LCW this time has good chance to win. Just see how well prepared he was in recent 2013 DIO... he just had tough match in the first round, once his engine kicked off he played as if a destroyer.
    LD may face great challenges to fully recover his games while CL may not be fully ready to take over.

This time possibly is LCW's last chance yet his best one to win the title.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    [MENTION=2710]2cents[/MENTION]
    hokkien and minnan is slightly different i believe?
    i know hokkien but when i watch taiwan minnan news/drama,there is some different.