Which shuttlecock brand is better?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by lim_kobe2005, Jun 7, 2006.

1. nicknackman

nicknackman Regular Member

Yonex AS50 ftw...lol...but if you want to be economical...La Fleche Tourney Grade shuttles are pretty good but they're hard to find...whatever u do dun get victor greens anymore...the QC has gone down drastically....

2. beachvball

beachvball New Member

shuttlecocks

Aeroplane(black label) will be your best choice.Case closed!!!
    www.shuttle.com
    $19.00 per tube.
    Good Luck.
    If you want a fairly durable grade for eveyday playing and practice for a good price,i know the distributor that he imported shuttlecocks from Vietnam with excellent quality.About $11-$12 per tube.
    I play almost 5-6 days a week,so i go through lots of birdies.
    mvjl@yahoo.com

3. aa777

aa777 Regular Member

I think Yang Yang is quite good. especially no they have come up a new model call 99A is quite.

4. chunkwok

chunkwok Regular Member

Can I get the yangyang in UK? Which one of yangyang is good?

5. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    I want to share my experience with Aeroplane EG1130 again. I said previously in my post that EG1130 was good. But subsequently I bought 5 more tubes from Queensway SC, the quality was not as consistent.

So far I used up almost two tubes. The cock on one of the shuttlecock detached from the feather after about half a game. another one wobble slightly after a matche play. A few of them are not as durable as the older batch but are as good as victor green at least.
    The rest are as good as AS40. And one of them last for 4 game of double. Let me quantiy the extent of game - about 40% of the time baseline to baseline, 20% smash, the rest normal shots. The flight was amazingly good even after 3-4 game. Strangly with this brand is it does not slow down too much even when the feathers are worn.

I still think EG1130 is value for money. Just to bear with some inconsistency in quality.

6. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Is your game 21-NSS or 15-OSS?

I also noticed that even broken feathers (happens after a long time) has not so much impact on the flight. The flight is a little different from AS40 but that just takes a bit of getting use to. The consistency in maintaining its flight beats the AS40 hands down.

7. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    Hi, we played 21-NSS. Yes I am impressed by the flight consistency of the shuttlecock even when the feathers are fairly badly damaged. So with the amount of money paid, it is better than AS40. And even the AS40 are not so consistent also, I notice within the same tube, some AS40 are faster than the other.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Sealion premier so far so good. can be bot at Newlink sports 2nd floor Queensway shopping centre or from me in Yishun. ;)

9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I just got another first on my EG1130. One of the shuttles lasted 3+ games (15pt OSS) and managed to maintain its flight until 2 points before it finally collapsed (as in the entire shuttle flattened). At the 2nd last point I felt the shuttle was a bit soft in the cock but played on since it is still flying quite okay. It finally died when I cleared and my opponent smashed :eek::eek:.

I recently tried a few AS40 that were faster than my '50 EG1130 so I also observed the same as you. None of them last as long so I'm sticking to the EG for now. At this rate, we use only 3 shuttles for a 2 hour game so it's still cheaper. Just that we do not get a fresh shuttle with every game.

10. aa777

aa777 Regular Member

YangYang Shuttlecocks in UK

I just found the YangYang from the below link, you can have a look, also I saw some review, said that the 2000B, 99A & 300B are good, specially the 300B, it is IBF approved, worth to have a try.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YangYang-300B...3|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YangYang-2000...3|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YangYang-99A-...3|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

11. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    visit www.shoppingmore.com.au if you want to buy aeroplane black or aeroplane green feather shuttlecocks in Sydney Australia

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is one simple feathers shuttle quality test everyone can carry out to find out how good their shuttles are. For this let us assume you use the correct speed for the hall you test the shuttle for speed. To do this, you use a full underhand stroke which makes contact with the shuttle over the back boundary line. The shuttle shall be hit at an upward angle and in a direction parallel to the sidelines. A good quality shuttle will land not less than 530 mm and not more than 990 mm of the back boundary line at the other end of the court. This distance range is enough to cover the avearge hitter and the powerful hitter.
    At about sea level and in a temperature range between 15 degrees C to 29 degrees C, a shuttle speed of 77 should be selected.
    Poor quality shuttles will almost never make it. The poorer the shuttle the shorter it will land. If increasing the shuttle speed from 77 to 78 still falls short of the minimum distance then you really have a poor shuttle.
    Shuttles that feel hard or heavy at impact will not make it because their feathers lack the required flight properties of good feathers. That hard or heavy feeling is not from the hardness or any extra weight of the base but is a classic symptom of strong air resistance faced by the feathers that lack good flight properties. A good shuttle should fly off the stringbed with the greatest ease and without any feeling of hardness-a sure sign that its feathers exhibit great lift properties just like geese that fly at great heights effortlessly.
    Usually the top model or grade of any brand is quality shuttle although there are some surprises. Due to a supply shortage of very good feathers, both duck and goose, some top brands do not now have the quality they used to have. Even the Yonex AS-50 and the Aeroplane Black Label do not use the best feathers. If you are experienced in classifying feathers you can visually tell them apart. Not all goose feathers are good; some are worse than the average duck feathers. There are goose and there are goose. The same can be said of ducks. Some geese fly well, some don't fly so well, and it is this that translates into the difference between one goose feather shuttle selling at US$6/dozen and another at US$30/doz.
    Irrespective of claimed quality for any brand the ultimate test is the 'Testing a shuttle for speed' described above. For in this test, provided the correct speed is used for the hall temperature, only quality shuttlecocks will pass the test. There is simply no way a poor quality shuttle will ever reach the distance. Those two simple short markers at the backlines are your best feathers shuttlecock qc inspectors.

13. KD7800

KD7800 New Member

Marketing
    Yonex By Far Are The Best And Although Expensive But The Durability Makes Them More Economical Then Rest Of The Lot Any Day!

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm... specifically which Yonex? I hated the flight of anything except AS5, AS40 and AS50. None of them will last more than 1 game. Comparatively, my latest batch of Aeroplane EG's still lasts 3 games while maintaining good consistent flight. It costs slightly less than AS40.

btw, please do not capitalize every word... it's almost painful to read.

15. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    As 40 or 50 lo...

16. tenggk

tenggk Regular Member

No doubt about that - AS5, AS40 and AS50 are really good. The price may seems steep but when you split the bill equally among the players, it's really just a dollar to two extra as compared to the other brand.

Another alternative, for me, is Sintec 818SP. It comes with a lower price tag and yet has the flight and durability to compete against the above mentioned brand.

17. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Correct speed

Many players do not understand the importance of correct speed required in their area. They often used the wrong speed and then said the shuttles are too fast or too slow, thus they are no good. Shuttles used at wrong speed also adversely affect their durability. The players may miss the timing or need to use excessive power so as to damage the feathers easily. If they are too slow, you need to exercise excessive power to hit them and may damage your arm, shoulder, wrist or waist in the long run.

Some shuttlecock retailers have no idea of speed, either. They may only stock one speed of shuttles or even import the shuttles with different speed in different batch. In small islands such as Hong Kong, Singapore or Taiwan; one correct speed for that area should be OK. In China and Australia, the country is so big and the sellers must stock different speed of shuttles if they want to sell them in the whole country.

Some shuttle sellers just do not care whether the speed is correct. They only stock one speed in order to save their running cost and sell them to anyone who wants cheaper price of shuttles. Some even do not have any knowledge about shuttlecocks and try to sell them by internet marketing via advertisement in media. If someone is only carrying few kinds of shuttles as well as sell other goods not related to badminton in his/her website, do not purchase from them because probably the shuttles may have wrong speed.

It is better to buy shuttlecocks from the sellers who are marketing the broad range of badminton products such as www.calibreaustralia.com.

18. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Use Pro tech-10, is not bad, quite lasting.

19. chunkwok

chunkwok Regular Member

JinQue is durable but lack of fine detail. give you the feel of strong and hard and very long lasting.

Yang Yang give you the feel of fine in detail, give you more dynamic. for advance player.

20. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Aeroplane Green

Can anyone compare the Aeroplane Green to an equivalent shuttlecock in the Yonex or RSL range? Any help appreciated.