Any more users of Tetracross 700 ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by twobeer, Oct 5, 2007.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Was thinking a Nanogy gold or BG80 white myself but might look into a non-neon green one ;)

2. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    This string was made for this racket.

Attached Files:

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Wow :- I have only seen the orange powerguts :)

/Twobeer

But how about the red Nanogys?!? Sort of a christmas feeling theme to it :)

4. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Yeah, you can get the Power Green from Stringers World as well as Tiopan. Free shipping. These are currently going on my Carlton Vapour Trail Tour. They'd look awesome on the TC700. The new Ashaway Zymax strings come in 'platinum' too, which would also look great.

5. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

Brought my TC700 3 weeks ago in HK from E78. Finally got a chance to restring the racket yesterday. Hopefully can try it out soon. Initial feel and weight seems to be fairly close to YY 9000 type X. Anyone feel the same way?

6. YueFei

YueFei Regular Member

Student
    I received mine last week, also from e78, one at 24lbs, the other at 22lbs.

The gray was more pale than I had expected, but the green was definitely darker and stronger, definitely not the sickly blue-green that most photos I've seen have made it out to be. Seeing the elegant yet functional head shape in person made me fall even more in love with the racket.

Initial impressions of the 24lbs racket were pretty much in line with what everyone else has said: it takes a bit of getting used to. On my first go at it, I probably made contact with the sweet spot 30%-40% of the time. However, when I was able to make good contact, I definitely felt the incredible kick of the shaft.

Amazingly, while possessing the most violent "kick" I've felt in a shaft, it also had the fastest recovery I've known- instantaneous to my perception- it was just an extraordinary experience. Also, provided that the sweet spot was utilized, then, along with the swift shaft recovery, the frame also proved to be very solid, very stable.

I haven't played with the NS9000X, but I've tested the NS9900 a bit, and I think the shaft of the TC700 is about as stiff, but definitely livelier, more responsive, has faster recovery, and transmits less vibration than the NS9900's.

The thing is, the Gosen strings that e78 included were no good for me; they were too thin (.67mm) and, after just two 3 hour sessions, the tension had dropped so much that it's making the play experience feel flexible and wish-washy. Next up, I'm going to string them with BG65s or 70s at 27lbs, and I think it should be a blast to play with~ XD

#306 YueFei, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  7. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

Finally have a chance to uses this racket today. Got used to the racket quite quickly. Feel is fairly similar to my N9000 Type X. In terms of stiffness, this racket is actually slightly more stiffer than the N9000 type X. Very powerful racket, but find this racket slightly harder to defend, probably due to the stiffness. Now, I just need time to get used to the feel and touch shots. Overall this racket is definitely a keeper. Strung racket at 23lbs using Gosen Nanolgy strings(main) and Gosen bio roots (cross) on a Wise tension head.

8. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys, I've been looking at the TC700 and the price that http://www.kaisengbadminton.com/ has it listed at is brilliant.

I remember reading about some people using Kaiseng badminton in this thread but I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with me? Also, has anyone got an email address I can contact the store/store owner on? I'd be buying from the UK and I'd rather not shell out on an international rate phone call just to sort out some simple things before I make the purchase.

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It sells for 40% off (about 98 GBPs) at shuttle-house.com in Japan thats a fair price I think.

/Twobeer

10. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

hey twobeer,

any quick, concise, unbiased comparison (playing characteristics only...sometimes i forgot how many racquets i have that they all got mixed up plus i don't use them all the time...mainly using the YYs...others are for keepsakes u understand) between tc 700 vs arc zs.

many thanks,
    MetalOrange

#310 MetalOrange, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  11. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Buy one from Dink ;) http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1310926#post1310926

Or better yet get an Ultra II :p

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Hi Metal :)

There are both some striking similarities and at the same time they are wide apart as rackets :)

similarities:
    Both is very quick trough the air, and does not feel very head heavy at al in gameplay... (i am refering to 3U version of both). They also have in cmmon to have significantly smaller sweetspot than most high-end competitors. The TC700 is semi-ISO so it is not as flat on te top as std ISO frames.. It is std width though where the arc-z has a slightly narrower frame. I would rate them similar in the power department. Both racket excels with wippy forearm smashes to create high headspeed upon impact.

I feel arc-z generates power by headspeed combined with the shaft whipping th shuttle.. The TC700 power is more derived from the repulsion which is exceptional.. 9900 is the racket i think comes closes to this which is also stif repulsive.. I guess this is what yy tries to refer to as repulsion or "hold"...

Control,defence and forgivenesswise i think the TC700 wins hands down.. It feels more stable, solid and forgivinig and the stiff shafy makes it more confident when i "go for the lines", and to control sliced shots..

However I feel the TC700 is more demanding in terms of effort in clearing and drives, it is also a bit more head heavy than arc-z so after long sessions it will be more taxing (the 9900 excels in this area imop).. and also it has less vibration damping imop than the Z. On the other hand I feel more vibrations in the Z due to the longer and more flexy shaft.

cheers,
    Twobeer

13. MetalOrange

twobeer,

as i myself also have the tc700 mean green i just thought to seek out your views and the above two paragraphs i quoted fm you is spot on.

i won't elaborate how i love arc zs more over ns9900 and over tc700, however, that's 1,2 & 3 for me.

now, i felt that tc700 is ever so slightly better than li ning n90 (which i always refer as stiff as a brick and no feel...i like stiff but it's gotta have feedback).

so, what's ur take re: tc700 vs n90?

thanks,
    MetalOrange

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I agree that the tc700 has slightly more horsepowers than N90 if yielded correctly .. But N90 has a huge sweetspot, and still produces awesome power/kick...

I do not agree with the view that the are too stiff and lacks feel.. I think these rackets offers tremendeous feedback and feel. And for argumenteing the N90 case, I am sure a player like Lin Dan would use another model from LN if it felt lika a brick it lacked feedback too him :p As far as I know about the N-series development, the N90 was more or less designed and modified based on his testing input and preferences.. so it is kind of tell us how you want it and we will make it, approach from Li Ning...

But obviously taste is different, otherwise the rest of team china players would choose to play with the N90 and no other models where needed :) ..

Cheers,
    Twobeer

P.S. looking at the China Open videos today I feel that the offense of LD today is visibly more lethal than it was when he used AT700.. I think this may be attributed to a little more power from the stiffer and more powerful N90 compared to his old AT700.. D.S.

#314 twobeer, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  15. MetalOrange

twobeer,

tks for accomodating my tc700 and li ning n90 comparisons request from you. bingo, right on the money n90 has a larger sweetspot, thus i don't like it that much, simple as that. i guess you know why, considering others might like a larger sweetspot...;)

i guess ld now has a newer racquet (probably the n90 II?). i also think ld plays fewer tournaments because he his focusing on training his physical conditioning that's why he is so lethally powerful.

MetalOrange

16. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Am I right in thinking that generally speaking, the larger the sweetspot is, the less "sweet" it is when you hit it?

17. MetalOrange

absolutely. however, there are no definite absolutes you might agree?

i want to be consistent and when the tiny sweetspot is struck perfectly (most of the time i mean, admittedly it can be misjudge specially on split second cursory glance sometimes,) it is even more powerful than the larger trampoliney effect of racquets with larger sweetspots. i am no pro but i like training and playing this way.

kind regards,
    MetalOrange

#317 MetalOrange, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    1) true - if all other factors being equal...

2) Not true - if other factors like shaft-flex, graphite-material, frame, weight, strings etc comes into play.. (many more factors than just the sweetspot affecting how "sweet" the hit is :)

/T

19. crosstrainer1

crosstrainer1 New Member

sdf
    yes, what he said is approximately correct, Actually I brought it about 25 Yen.

20. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

With 25yen, you can only buy a pack of tissues.