Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I still need to see the match against WYH from last weekend to get a view on her performance but from what I've read she is in tip top shape.

I hope she can carry on like this because she is VERY promising. I see her pushing for WR1 domination by the end of next year. I hope she can cope with the pressure.

People say LYB now has a choice for WS, but I think LXR's breakthrough is not just a coincidence. My guess is that LYB gave her the green light to change gears when WSX kept showing mediocre results. Nothing just "happens" in CBA. With LXR now on course, LYB has a fail-safe for those occasions when one of the Wangs fails. I do see WYH taking point for at least another year though. WX still has a VERY impressive record against non domestic players so she's still a real asset to the team. WYH is still arguably the best all-round WS around these days.

I'm a big fan of WYH, but at the rate LXR is going, I might well be presented with a very difficult choice :p.

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It's not an easy decision for LYB to make in one night...the risk he is taking is really big for replacing one of the Wangs with the exception of Wang Yihan to put Li Xuerui.

Who will you drop in place for Li Xuerui:

Wang Shixian: Who has produced consistent results but with a mediocre performance

Wang Xin: A player who has an arsenal and agility similar to Lin Dan but she could be eliminated in the early rounds or she could go very FAR in her prime.

So Wang Xin's yoyo performance has made it difficult for LYB despite her awesome h2h record..had she performed well beginning of this year till All England...LYB would have told WSX to gtfo...

There's the risk....

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Hopefullynher form has not come too soon. It is still 11 weeks away and plenty of time to change things.

Her form now reminds me of Ji Xipeng in 2000.... Unbeatable for one tournament...then where?

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

just a reminder to everyone that there is still a slim chance that LXR can be overtook by Nehwal by Sunday, though unlikely have to say.

6. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    What is the scenario this can happen?

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

sehwal winner, LXR SF

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Looking at the draw, it seems unlikely LXR will be knocked out before SF. Ratchanok is the hardest test.

SN winning is tough, but not inconceivable. But if WSX loses to her it really will be the end for her.

9. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

consistent mediocre performance...:D

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    it is likely that LXR will at least make it to SF.

But I think the most interesting match in India is WSX vs Saina at SF. If WSX takes out Saina at SF, LXR is almost for certain to remain at No. 4.

If WSX doesn't take out Saina at SF, then LXF has to win her own SF.

I wonder what WSX will tell LYB if she loses to Saina at SF. "Look boss, I lost to Saina in Swiss Open. You can't expect me to win against Saina in India, right?"

#230 pcll99, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    consistent mediocre performance to reach at least the semifinal of every tournament she participated this year...turns out to be amazing really but do not expect her to deliver against top opponents in the later stage.

Wang Xin on the other hand has only made one final appearance this year..the rest were early round eliminations...unbelievable.

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Just liek when BCL or CJ consistently made it to the semi's but could not win.... unlike LD or Chen Hong

13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    So the question is, which player would you pick to stay in the OG team?

Player (WSX) that could at most guarantee you a bronze medal...very likely !

OR a player (WX) who has 50/50 chance of doing extremely well by advancing to the final or crashing out in the group stage/last 16..

The relationship between risk and return..the higher the risk you take, the better the return i suppose.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    this is what LYB just said:

"If Nehwal cannot make it to the Final, then LXR will qualify for the Olympics. If Nehwal wins the India Open, then LXR would not have as much points as Nehwal; she will drop out of Top 4. From this perspective, LXR still hasn't qualified for the Olympics; she only has a relatively better position."

Hope i translate every words correctly.

http://sports.sohu.com/20120424/n341469051.shtml

15. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    If I'm LYB, I will be worried if LXR can't qualify. WX and WSX are very vulunerable now. He definitely wants LXR in Olympics.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Secretly, I think LYB has already made up his mind to take LXR to the Olympics. The only decision left is whether to omit WSX or WX.

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It's very difficult to choose who to drop...WSX has average skill but at least she won't disappoint you until the semifinal stage at least)..she is consistently average but won't deliver gold...a medal at least

WX is the biggest risk to be fielded..she can disappoint you on the first day if she plays like shitt...so it's very difficult to choose..

WSX must be planning to how to lose to Saina on purpose without letting the boss find out .....interesting...

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Even if WSX let Saina win to go to the final, if LXR can reach the final too, I doubt if Saina can beat LXR. LXR is #4 in world ranking now. She will still qualify for Olympic. If I'm WSX, I will try to beat both Saina and LXR to impress LYB. :)

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is a safety position, i guess... Good choice, i am also supporting that. At least WSX will be most likely be chosen if she is able to beat Saina & LXR in this competition.

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    WSX didn't win against Saina a few weeks ago in Swiss Open. Watch the last few minutes. What do u guys think of this match? Watch at around 20 minutes (when the score was 13:14)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRJfNCKYDNI

Looks like WSX had a injury or slippery. Is that right?

#240 pcll99, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012