Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. victory

victory Regular Member

View attachment 128306

There are many advertisements by many companies congratulating or sing praise to LCW. Many individuals and organizations post their point of views, mostly positive,on LCW's performance in London.

But in my opinion, Nando's Chicken's ad is the best.

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Politician bashes LCW for political mileage

View attachment 128308

Read, read, read.. This is why we say sports and politics should not mix. It benefits 99.99% for the politician, 0.01% for sports when it's coming from a politician's mouth. Such utterings in the media is so childish I wonder how Manoharan became an elective in the first place.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/7/nation/11810716&sec=nation

E
    xcerpts:

“How can someone be so insensitive when the nation is grieving after losing the crucial match? Sports should be above politics. I feel that Chong Wei has contributed more to Malaysia compared to many of us,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/7/nation/11810717&sec=nation

E
    xcerpts:

DAP's Subang Jaya assemblyman Hannah Yeoh noted that “some politicians should never use social media if they lack the ability to think before tweeting”, in apparent reference to her beleaguered Pakatan colleague.

3. Siege

Siege Regular Member

Good job LCW! Silver is second so that's good as well! :)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    wow. how can someone say something so stupid?

5. victory

victory Regular Member

Politicians are speculative. Many of them will dive in at any moment to gain cheap publicity. This is so common all around the world.

But this assemblyman Manoharan is so idiotic. He is has no flair. He has no class. He is insensitive and plain stupid. His political acumen and skills is so low level.

Now he got himself into trouble.

Take PM Najib and his wife Rosmah as an example. We all know they want to gain milleage by getting close to LCW. But they do it smartly.

All those companies that do the congratulations advertisements to LCW including the Kayu nasi kandar store that gives away free nasi Kandar want to gain publicity. That is a fact. They invest money, they want some return, they know Malaysians love it. That is ok. They do it smartly, with class.

But there is this idiot assemblyman Manoharan now kicking at the beehive. He still get publicity but in a negative way.

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

this guy is really weird

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i might be wrong, but isn't this ad from the beijing olympics?... oh well it still holds true.. (sadly)

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In 2008 LCW didnt tweet to say he is sorry. That time he would had been too crushed to even talk.This time around, he has his bro Joe Lee and others who help maintain his official FB and twitter.

9. victory

victory Regular Member

Probably you are right. My friend posts it on fb. I take it from there. Are you sure it is from Beijing Olympic? I am not too sure. Did he tweet "I am Sorry" in Beijing?

Yup. Still holds true. Sad in deed. But LCW is not giving up. I bet he feels dejected for a while. But he will move on very fast.

I think many Malaysians are disappointed but we must look into better ways of discovering more talents and grooming them.

Relying on one or two person to bring back Gold medal in OG is too unsecure. The pressure is too big for them. To bring back gold in OG we must also develop other sports, not just badminton.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

11. george@chongwei

Coming out from the new Mas airline A380 plane;)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jjTgbZWPRro[/video]

Welcoming him like a hero at the airport.:)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbgCmBHC5mk[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT7vKAnTWVc[/video]

Some good quotes of life to LCW from his fans..
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71V6LIZiCO0[/video]

12. george@chongwei

And for my 29k posts here in BC, dedicate to all LCW fans and all malaysian fans..;) Malaysia hero, LEE CHONG WEI...:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. george@chongwei

More pics..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]n
    noticed the doreaemon phone cover behind:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. george@chongwei

For a clearer view of the silver medal...
    [​IMG]

15. eaglehelang

Haha George, did you go to the airport to greet your idol ?

16. george@chongwei

Unfortunately no...have something else to do;)

Meanwhile, here is some acknowledgement from china's former world champion zhu lin and current ws player jiang yan jiao from china;)

[​IMG]

17. george@chongwei

LCW's apology....
    [video=youtube;f_iAMzGc5mo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_iAMzGc5mo&list=UUfFvGs5etUZKMYYzgOu6SkA& index=2&feature=plcp[/video]

18. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    View attachment 128333 Chong Wei's dad, Lee Ah Chai, cheers his son on the telly while watching the game in Bukit Mertajam.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Well Done Lee Chong Wei !!!

I really don't understand why some BCers don't congratulate LCW for winning the 2012 SILVER Olympic medal.

With his ankle injury and pain, LCW has done well to win his SILVER medal. :):):)

20. eaglehelang

[h=2]Sepang: National badminton ace Datuk Lee Chong Wei today returned from the London Olympics to a rousing welcome, accorded him by more than 1,000 fans who felt he was a Malaysian hero who had done his best despite not winning the gold medal in the singles event at the games.[/h] The arrival hall of the KL International Airport (KLIA) was swarming with cheering fans and supporters waving the Malaysian flag from as early as 6 am. Some of them carried posters bearing the words "LCW - National Hero" and "We Love You LCW".
    While waiting for Chong Wei's arrival, the fans sang the national anthem "NegaraKu" and the patriotic song "Barisan Kita".
    The crowd became excited upon hearing the announcement that Malaysia Airline Flight MH02 from London bearing Chong Wei had touched down at about 7.30 am, and repeatedly shouted out his name.
    As soon as Chong Wei appeared in the arrival hall an hour later, the fans and supporters shouted "Malaysia Boleh" and sang the "NegaraKu" and "Barisan Kita" and repeatedly shouted out his name.
    Chong Wei, who was wearing the Olympic silver medal around his neck, posed for photographers as the fans and supporters kept on cheering.
    In the badminton men's singles final at the London Olympics, Chong Wei went down fighting 21-15, 10-21, 19-21 to World No. 1 Lin Dan of China.
    Although he failed to bring home Malaysia's elusive Olympic gold medal, Malaysians generally felt that the athlete had done his best and were not disappointed with his performance.
    "I thank all my fans and supporters here today. I was surprised and did not expect to see my supporters here (at the KLIA).
    "I did my best with the two weeks of preparation I had for this Olympics," said Chong Wei, who had just recovered from an ankle injury sustained during the Thomas Cup tournament in China in May.
    Chong Wei and Malaysia's doubles team of Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong were greeted upon their return by Deputy Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Razali Ibrahim.
    A private college student in Cyberjaya, who wanted to be identified only as Kenny, was at the airport early to await Chong Wei's return.
    "He is the best (badminton) player in the world. Although he lost to Lin Dan, Chong Wei put up a tough fight. Luck was not on his side," he said.
    He said he hoped that Chong Wei would not give up but continue to win tournaments in the future. -- Bernama