Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The weight it after it has taken a leak [​IMG].

(* the weight without strings and only the standard grip on it; but you can make a good guess of that weight when strung as well as long as you bring it back down to the original grip)

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Factory grip only (without the plastic wrapper, that is) and no string.

3. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

I agree with you.. I have both Arc 10 (Premium) and a Arc 11 (T.H), Same U/G. Somehow, I felt that the Arc 10 is a little bit head heavier than the Arc 11. I actually prefer to use Arc 11 because it gives me a bit more control and faster swing over the Arc 10. Unless the Taufik edition of the Arc 11 is different from the normal one, but I doubt it.

#463 ahcash, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  4. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student
    I am using the Wilson Vertex BLX (2010 Version) for Men's Double.
    It is a even balance, stiff shaft racket.
    It is a nice all round racket.

Do you think ARC 11 is similar to Wilson Vertex BLX?
    Does anyone has tried both racket?
    If you have tried both racket, would you mind let me know what is the difference between these racket?

Thank you :)

5. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    Digging out this Thread... :)

Got an Arc11 and an Arc11TH. Compared to each other the stock 11 is with overgrip BP 300 and the 11TH got a BP at 295mm! Also the shaft of the TH seems to be a tiny bit more flexible. Both are G4 and with the same string(BG80 26.5lbs) and OG. Is there anyone made the same experience??

6. swunk

swunk Regular Member

is the original grip removed? coz my 11 original was 290mm strung, with overgrip on top of the stock grip.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

(Over)grips can have weight difference (2gr. e.g.) within the same colour and between colours for the same type, let alone different type overgrips [​IMG]

8. swunk

swunk Regular Member

rkeps weigh quite little, if his BP was less than 290 then it could be a case of a thicker overgrip.
    one thing is that mine had G4 handle...

9. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    The original grip, both G4, is already there. Weight of the overgrip max.4-5g(overall 95g). Thickness almost the same. Ok, one is red and the other black, but seriuosly...?! Questionable is the difference in BP by 5mm between 11/11TH. Could that be generally or just spread by production? You can feel this even when you swing it!

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes there is a difference in weight between colours, RKEP grips as well. Several people, including me, have measured the weights and yes 5mm difference can be caused by a couple of grams. ~4 grams of string adds ~10mm bp already. But to rule this out you could take off the overgrip and put it on the other racket and re-measure ... aside from normal production variance as a reason. This just for the 300+ vs 295TH btw ...

Just digging through the RKEP grip thread here is an example (compared to a randomly picked white overgrip of the same type; keep in mind the same colour can still have weight difference http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...62-RKEP-Grip?p=2096205&viewfull=1#post2096205) http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/81662-RKEP-Grip?p=1662252&viewfull=1#post1662252

#470 demolidor, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  11. Jeff86Ng

Jeff86Ng New Member

Can anyone compare the Arc 11 to BS12 for me? I m very interested in getting an Arc 11.

12. jasonyjw

jasonyjw Regular Member

Photographer
    surprisingly, this thread has been inactive for so long for such a good racket. here are my 2cents worth of review.

Racket: Yonex Arcsaber 11
    Country Code: UK (Bought at All England)
    Specifications: 3UG5
    Flex: Stiff
    String: Yonex BG66 UM @ 26lbs

Transition:
    I was using a Voltric Z Force II prior to making this switch. Reason being the ZFII has such a stiff shaft that it requires much much more strength to make proper clears and drives. Smashing definitely wasn't a problem with that racket but in a doubles game, speed and defense is of utmost importance. Was considering the ArcFB & Arc11 and decided to go for the latter due to it being able to do both defense and attack seamlessly, whereas the ArcFB is the ultimate defense racket.

Graphics:
    Shiny, glossy red, white, lime colored which makes it ever so easy for people to recognise one of Yonex's top end racket. Coupled with any color of BG66UM strings, it looks astonishingly refreshing.

First Impressions:
    After receiving it, I strung it with the BG66UM. Did a couple of dry swings and it did indeed felt a little head-heavy. But, just a wee bit. Good enough for the occasional backcourt smash/drop shot without breaking your arm. It just feels comfortable in your hands as it is manufactured as a Even-Balanced racket.

Clears:
    Started off doing some clears with my partner and it was so with minimal effort that I can reach from one backcourt to the opponent's backcourt. The sound of hitting the sweetspot due to the SONIC METAL was music to the ears. Sharp, crisp and menacing.

Drives:
    The amount of time required to lift the racket and maneuver it up down left right was definitely shorter than the ZF2. Crisp, fast and accurate.

NetPlay:
    Needed a bit of adjustment from the ZF2 as this racket is faster and I had timing issues when dropping a net shot. After about 2 hours of play and getting used to, dropping net shots will be much easier.

Lifts:
    Much much easier than the ZF2. Due to the racket being even balanced with that little bit of head-heaviness, returning smashes back to the backcourt of your opponent's is a breeze.

Smashes:
    Not as powerful. However, once you are able to time your swing to hit the sweet spot, the SONIC boom sound that follows your smash is just so pleasing.

Conclusion:
    During the doubles match, be it clears, drives, dropshots, I was able to place shots with precision. Corners of the court, sides of the court, just infront of the net, all done with ease. This racket is so well rounded it suits both singles and doubles play.

Arcasbers are meant to control the play, control your shots and control the pace. This is exactly what the Arcsaber 11 has turn out to be. One of the best Yonex has produced.

Feel: 9.5/10

Control: 10/10

Power: 7/10

Defense: 9/10

Maneuverability: 9.5/10

BE THE ULTIMATE CONTROL FREAK!

13. okooko

okooko Regular Member

Student
    good review.
    I've got both the ARC11 and the VTZF2 and use both.
    I liked the VTZF2's head heaviness to accelerate my smashes/drives off the racket and effortless clears.
    I'm an offensive player and love smashes so whenever I get a chance, I'll make sure I put it away. I tend to use the ARC11 in doubles though, I think the extra speed in smashes from the rear court can be sacrified for a more defensive racket

14. jasonyjw

jasonyjw Regular Member

Photographer
    yea i was really excited about the zf2. it felt really comfortable at first but after putting it through the paces, i guess i'm just not as strong! and i play doubles most of the time, really need that extra bit of speed and conserve some energy for quick drives.

the arc11 and zf2 are both really very impressive, it has to be said.

15. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    The ARC11 is certainly a great racket. But in comparsion with my 4U ZF1, it lacks some power. But the overall performance is very good and should be my No.1 racket. But if you are playing a very defensive opponent, you have to put more effort in your powershots or make them steeper! But in the other hand you got a handsome racket, able to put your shot wherever you want! And mostly that is worth to sacrifice some power!

brave likes this.
  16. jasonyjw

jasonyjw Regular Member

Photographer
    Yes, the Arc11 definitely lacks power. It's a very noticeable difference from the ZF2. But hell yea, you are right. To be able to place shots precisely by sacrificing the power, it more than made up for it!

17. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    I got mine recently and I'm loving it. I have not buy a racket for a long time and I'm really pleased with what I have chosen. Arc11 is indeed a good racket that Yonex manufacture. I'm glad that I stick with the brand.

18. thisis

thisis Regular Member

hey guys,

I heard many different views on best string for this Arc 11.

Mainly 66um v 80 v 80p v n98 v n99.

Can someone give a verdict?

And also comments about grommets, is it better to add more on it?

Thank you!

19. decoy

decoy Regular Member

You won't get a difinitive verdict because string choice is too personal. For instance I wouldn't even try yonex again without a hard feeling string like bg80 or bg80p. As it happens I only use bg80p now anyway so I probably wouldn't try any other strings on any racquet especially for the first time trying the racquet. Anyway moral is if you are looking to buy the racquet just put what're strings you use now on it. If you have it and just want to try new strings then just try new strings whenever they break, should get enough time to test between breakage and should be quick enough to settle your curiosity without costing anymore money because it has to be string anyway.

20. okooko

okooko Regular Member

Student
    Agreed. I started with BG66UM and have 2 racquets with it (22 & 26lb)Admittedly I should have kept the tension the same for both racquets but the 26lb came after the 22 where I wanted a bit more feel as I was having less issues with timing and hitting the sweetspot.My mate has a 26lb ZF2 with BG80P which I'm trying - I guess I'm lucky so I don't have to buy 2. Then I might move around but staying at 26lb.As for popularity, BG65, 66UM, 80, 80P - can't go wrong