Yonex BG 66 Ultimax

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Badominton, Sep 19, 2010.

1. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Club Stringer & Organizer
    Just wonder what is the reasonable and acceptable fee to have it restring with BG66UM?

2. giggle

giggle Regular Member

i pay s$25 haha

3. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    In Malaysia, it is only RM35... :eek:

4. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

That's really a steal, bro

5. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    yes agree... NBG98 will not give u power & sound as hell as BG66UM... my 1st time with NBG98 strung at 27lbs, about a week the string likely to easy to slip when hit harder... after that it became staggered... never experienced BG66UM like that

6. yshaun

yshaun Regular Member

SP Lee in Kuchai has promotion on their yonex strings. I think its only RM 28 for BG 66U.

7. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Freelancers stringers in Sg charge abt $18-19, whereas shops in Sg charges more

8. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Freelancers can do at S$15

9. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    My stringer charges me for RM30 a piece including stringing services :D

10. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Bro, I hope it's original :)

11. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Please take note that this is the "practice" that I saw in a few shops recently which I did not like ... for strings esp when they are priced "cheaper" than usual ... the price stickers are INTENTIONALLY placed to cover the part where the SP code, CH code (at the back) or Sunrise stickers are supposed to be, so kind of like "hiding" the origin and when I PRESS THE DEALER HARDER about it, they usually will tell me that these cheaper ones are not sourced from SUNRISE MALAYSIA ... but they insist it is "genuine" :rolleyes: (yeah, right, as if they are going to tell they sell FAKES huh ? :p ) ... so do take note and be more alert ....

I have seen on a website selling "HIGH COPY" (whatever that means) of Yonex strings and trust me, I CANNOT TELL THEM APART VISUALLY .... :eek: :( I dare not say genuine or fake ... so it is a "HIGH COPY" as per description in website .... :rolleyes:

see website below and scroll down for details:

http://www.lelong.com.my/yonex-stri...gy-95-rm6-keanho-117064271-2012-12-Sale-P.htm

#271 maxout, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  12. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I would say that RM30-35 for Ultimax in Msia will be the fair price. Like mentioned, this price is offered by a few of the famous shops around. I doubt that they are fakes. However, those that charges around RM50 are those normally the shop in badminton court, where you dont have a choice but to string there if your string broke and you dont have a spare.

As for the high copy, selling at RM9 I believe they are imitation. Even the description saying "exactly like original" implies that it is not original...

13. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    Sorry bro, i only support original items. Sorry for not mentioning earlier, in Kota Kinabalu there are limited badminton shops, so pretty much we can see if they bring original or fake items, the reason why its RM30 is cause i string there every once a month and good rappot from the owner, cheers!

14. andhwk

andhwk Regular Member

teacher
    I was con by a seller from mudah.com, not the seller mention above from lelong. met the fellow cod for bg 66, he claim it is original, as I can't differentiate the genuine or the fake, buy two pack to test, one lasted me two games and the other one only less than five stroke, just strung 24 lbs. Later the stringer told me that the one I brought was a fake one.

However the BG 66UM that I also bought from online store, CH version is lasting, just that I have not using this string before, so don't know the feel and cannot compare to the sp version.

15. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

I feel Bg66um and ng98 very slips and hard to smash compare to thick string like BG80P.

Yes, both are very repulsive and hard to control at net.

Let me know if you share the same view.

16. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Bg66um has better smashing feeling compare to nbg98, ngb98 is slippery, dont like nbg98 at all in personal, bg80 is good for smashing and control, but bg66um has the best in term of no matter in control, smashing, drop, net play, but the playability for bg66um is only last me for 3 weeks the most, after that its just feel like dead fish string, well just my 2 cents :D

17. Lobeh

Lobeh Regular Member

Dead fish?? You play badminton with dead fish as well ???:eek:

18. cephas_chan

cephas_chan Regular Member

Use the 66 with a "hold" characteristic racket, u will get a dead fish feeling. Hahaha

19. Danze

Danze Regular Member

484224_2512661951566_240300242_n.jpg my sister recently bought one of each colour from hk, i dont want to use it cause it will ruin the collection ;P

20. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    I had two RKEP Pro9000 strung with 66um when buying from Eric. Wow, were they amazing. After getting used to the new string and racket, my smashes sounded like thunder. The best player in my club were commenting how hard and loud they were. I had so much fun smashing after the session my hand was still "ringing" from the impact. Note I have only used Ashaway 70, BG65, BG70, VS850 before.

That lasted about 2 nights. Keen to repeat the earlier performances, I used the same racket with same grip on the same court, even with the same doubles partner! But the power is gone, the smashs sounds like hollow bamboo. And I thought I was just being inconsistent with my technique until I saw this thread. Safe say that the string has outlived its usefulness and need to be cut. The string on my other Pro9000 is lasting longer but that is because I did not use that racket during a smashing frenzy.

This is the best string I have used for about 4 hours but I cannot afford to restring all the time. Looks like that I am going back to my BG-70s.