elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Once Arif trust hendrawan, he is going to beat some players :D

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

But I think Hendrawan is going to leaves Malaysia after this contract expired !! Then Arif will go skipping training again ??

3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    when Hendrawan leaving? any idea??

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Ariff is quite impressive, playing like a "mini" Hendrawan and outplaying LCW with his deceptive strokes at times which is quite

difficult for anyone to do.He appears to need to develop physically and play more opponents.

Sonya Cheah also really impressive like a mini Wang Shi Xian, also need to develop physical aspects. Tee also a very promising player.

A lot of talent but probably more development and exposure in competitive play.

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/2/22/sports/8112223&sec=sports

World No. 1 takes it easy against Arif in final

KUALA TERENGGANU: Lee Chong Wei was magnanimous in his win over Mohd Arif Abdul Latif in the men’s singles final of the National Circuit Grand Prix Finals yesterday.

The world number one held back his game before stamping his mark to win 21-15, 21-16 in 35 minutes.

The win yesterday marked the ninth national title for Chong Wei, who will quickly shift his focus on defending his All-England title which starts on March 3-8 in Birmingham.

Arif, who has shown tremendous improvement since training under coach Hendrawan, tried to take the fight to the world number one.

But it was apparent that Chong Wei allowed the youngster to be in the game as he did play his usual blistering pace.

“I gave him some chance in the game just to keep his desire to play alive. It should be a good learning experience for him and I can see that he has vastly improved,” said Chong Wei.

Chong Wei last met Arif in the Perak Open semi-finals, where Chong Wei won 21-16, 21-8 in 23 minutes.

“I’m grateful that I had the opportunity to play Chong Wei today and I learned a lot from him,” said Arif.

“I know that I still lack the speed and strength and I will work on my weaknesses after this. I’m also more confident in my game as I’m regularly beating elite players now.”

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No idea ! but quite sure i heard him wanted to quit after the contract expired !

7. danielwong

Salesman
    LCW gave chance to Arif in the final and he openly admitted that
    quick, quick, who wanna attack LCW for being unprofessional
    faster come and attack him....good chance...where is the Tawau dude??

8. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/3f13f123f3/Article

Badminton: Easy No 9 for Chong Wei

IT seems to be getting easier for Lee Chong Wei who wrapped up his ninth consecutive title in the National Grand Prix Finals in Kuala Terengganu yesterday.

Chong Wei was so dominant that he even chose to entertain the crowd with fancy shots to beat first time finalist Arif Latif 21-15, 21-16 in 35 minutes.

He was also in a generous mood and played at half pace to spare Arif an embarrassing defeat and that allowed the latter to escape with a respectable scoreline.

Arif was so comfortable that he even retrieved Chong Wei's smash between his legs but the latter matched it in the same rally to the delight of the crowd.

The gulf between their standards was so great that Chong Wei still walked away with a comfortable win and has already set his target on recording a perfect 10 when the tournament is held on Dec 28-31.

"I have been competing in this event without fail since 2003 and have done my part to attract the crowd. I will stop competing after winning my 10th title at the end of the year," said Chong Wei.

"The juniors must use this tournament to make their breakthrough. I have seen some progress among them but they must keep working hard to go to the next level.

"I didn't play to the maximum to give Arif the chance to compete but I kept the rallies in control.

"Arif is a good player but the onus is on him to keep improving and he must also have the desire to achieve better results."

Chong Wei will most likely play in the Kuala Lumpur Open on April 4-7 in order to qualify for the GP Finals.

Arif said the final was a good learning experience and he wants to put up a better performance if he plays Chong Wei again.

"I have started beating elite shuttlers and have also learnt a lot from the final. I must keep the momentum going," said Arif.

"I still lack speed and power and I wasn't able to give a stronger resistance to Chong Wei. I have a lot to improve and my aim is to play much better if I meet him again."

9. danielwong

Salesman
    wouldnt be suprised with that

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Badminton: Chong Wei, top pair to skip Sea Games

K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my
    2011/02/24

LEE Chong Wei and men's doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong will not be competing in December's Sea Games in Indonesia as the BA of Malaysia (BAM) wants them to focus on preparing for the 2012 London Olympics.

This means Chong Wei, 29, will miss the opportunity of adding a possible Sea Games gold to his collection as he is likely to retire at the end of 2012.

BAM coaching and training committee chairman Ng Chin Chai said the other players under the Road to London programme -- Wong Mew Choo, women's doubles Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui and mixed doubles Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying -- will be playing in the Sea Games.

"It was decided recently that top athletes from various sports under the programme be exempted from the Sea Games so Chong Wei and Kien Keat-Boon Heong will give it a miss," said Chin Chai.

"This is to allow them to focus on their preparations for the London Olympics. It is also midway through the qualifying period.

"As for Pei Tty-Eei Hui, the priority is qualifying for the Olympics and if they are not in good position, they may have to forego and focus on the qualifiers. Otherwise, they will be playing in the Sea Games."

The coaching and training committee (CTC), which met yesterday, also decided that there is no need to promote any of the back-up players to the elite squad to fill the vacancy left by Hafiz Hashim as the new structure allows the coaches a longer period to see results.

Arif Latif and Goh Soon Huat were in the running to claim the spot after high performance director Datuk James Selvaraj had proposed the matter but the CTC felt the changes are a little too early.

CTC also approved Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen to spar with the national doubles squad but will be limited to two days a week, while the women's squad get Razif Latif and Chau Pak Chuu for sparring.

The committee also agreed to a one-year probation for new players Tan Aik Quan and Tan Yip Jun.

Aik Quan will be joining the mixed doubles squad while Yip Jun replaces Goh Sze Onn, who rejected an offer to join the back-up squad, after completing his stint as a junior.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/39SEEA/Article/art_print

Oh, Wee Tat has lost his MD partner, Goh Sze Onn is rather good player. Tan Aik QUan in XD? Thought he's MS player, lol.

#850 eaglehelang, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I remember Tan Aik Quan playing a local tournament with Lai Pei Jing...?

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

What can I say....Daren Liew out yet again in R64...this time to Ajay Jayaram. He was also defeated in the first qualifying round of the MAS SS 2011 earlier this year. 0 win out of 2 tourneys.

Meanwhile, Chan Kwong Beng just only managed to beat Harry Wright. As expected, he will face Wei Nan tomorrow.

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I have given up hope on Liew Daren, and going to give up hope on Chan Kwong Beng soon. Only looking forward to see Arif's performance on the international stage.

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/3/sports/8180019&sec=sports

Daren falls in first round while Chan goes through

PETALING JAYA: It was mixed fortunes for national back-up singles shuttlers Liew Daren and Chan Kwong Beng in their opening round matches in the German Open in Mulheim yesterday.

Daren fell 21-15, 18-21, 18-21 to Ajay Jayaram of India after toiling for 55 minutes but Kwong Beng survived after getting the better of Harry Wright of England in three games.

Kwong Beng conceded the first game but bounced back with a better show to beat Wright 11-21, 21-15, 21-18 in 54 minutes.

Kwong Beng will take on Nan Wei of Hong Kong for a place in the last 16. Nan Wei chalked up a 21-17, 21-12 win over Bjorn Seguin of the United States yesterday.

Daren’s defeat will not go down well with singles coach Hendrawan, who had targeted his charge to make the quarter-finals.

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think this time, LDR did quite well losing to AJ in three games with a fight...........AJ is a very good young player from India, I personally rated him well above LDR.

As for CKB.......jis real test is in this 2nd round !! Let wait and see how he performs !!

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

....and CKB failed to beat Wei Nan.

I think it's time for BAM to release these so-called elite back-ups.

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/4/sports/8188731&sec=sports

Kwong Beng crashes out, Koo-Tan move on

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia’s Chan Kwong Beng crashed out but China’s rising star Wang Zhengming continued to make heads turn by marching into the third round of the German Open at Mulheim yesterday.

Back-up shuttler Kwong Beng, who is a regular sparring partner of world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, continued to show his lack of temperament on the big stage when he went down 17-21, 18-21 to unheralded Nan Wei of Hong Kong in just 38 minutes in a second round match.

With Kwong Beng’s unexpected exit, Malay*sia’s challenge in the men’s singles competition of the GP Gold event has come to an end.

On Wednesday, Liew Daren was knocked out in the first round.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, many chances already given to them to prove their worth.

19. danielwong

Salesman
    release? Habis Hashim over-stay in BAM and only recently he himself asked to be freed...
    CKB still young...i dont think BAM will release him so fast

20. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    somtimes i wonder how long will bam take this time to find another badminton star... it seems that we will find 1 every 10 years... hehehe... remember misbun in the 80's? rashid sidek in the 90's? lcw in the new millenium ? huhuhu