Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

2. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
  3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Committee Justified All Means: Taufik Hidayat Criticizes 2013 Badminton Super League

Friday, 08 February, 2013
    http://www.tempointeractive.com/hg/nasional/2013/02/08/brk,20130208-460023,uk.html

Excerpts:

Taufik's criticism is related to the transfer of athletes to other clubs. He said that many violated the AD/ART. He highlighted the mutation of players. The tournament's committee, he said, allowed players who have not had 30 days of mutation to enter the tournament.

"I see the validity of participants in this tournament as flawed. The most fatal is the fact that they know they were only allowed to play new after one month of mutation," Taufik said.

Another criticism is regarding a club's maximum number of players owned, which is limited to five people. Taufik was unsure that all clubs participanting in the tournament follow the rule, related to the mutation process. "Just try to look at (the clubs) one by one, see how many clubs have 'illegal'," he suggested.

Another topic Taufik highlighted is the type of tournament and the players and team that participated. As the name implies, he said, only clubs should have been allowed to compete. However, the committee allowed Malaysian Tiger, Malaysia's national team, to enter the tournament.

"Well, this is Indonesia, everything can be arranged. Do not dream of being better if little things like these are considered common," he said.

Taufik claimed to have expressed his complaints to the committee, but said that he was ignored. He denied that his bad performance was related to his disappointment. "Nothing to do with my defeat; even if I won my team would have still lost," he said.

Secretary of the 2013 Djarum Badminton Super League Committee, Lius Pongoh, denied the participation of players that have had 30 days of mutations. He said that all participants had no problems with the process of mutation.

Regarding the entry of Malaysia's national team, Lius admit that they are invited on behalf of the club's name although the players are of Malaysia's national team. "If they came bringing the flag of their country, they cannot participate, so they came under the name Malaysia Tiger," Lius said.

4. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    After look Rendra Wijaya in the Final Djarum Badminton Superliga last time, in my eyes Rendra similiar to Chandra Wijaya.
    Are they family?

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, Wijaya bros => Indra, Candra and Rendra, all of them are badminton players, the most successful one is Candra Wijaya ;)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Here is an article which is worth mentioning again. It tells us that you don't need financial or monetary "encouragement" to have the fire and desire to be the best you can, or the best in the world at something. You need determination, discipline and dedication. In today's world, the money will follow success.

Susi Susanti: Finest female badminton player

Aimee Dawis, Contributor, Jakarta | Life | Wed, July 02 2008
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2008/07/02/susi-susanti-finest-female-badminton-player.html

Excerpts:

... She also had to follow strict rules on what she ate, when she slept and what was wore.

She was not allowed to wear high-heeled shoes to avoid ankle injuries. Visiting malls and going to the movies could only be done on Sundays. However, she was often so tired that she opted to rest on Sundays rather than to go out.

In order to be a world champion, Susi fully understood she had to focus on her training and give up many things that non-athletes could enjoy.

"It is impossible to be a badminton world champion if you do not put your heart and mind in your goal. I even gave up my tertiary education because I could not concentrate on my game while studying for exams," she recalled.

"But I have no regrets. How else could I contribute to my country while achieving my dream at the same time?"

... Even though she and her husband had stellar careers as badminton players, Susi does not want her children to follow in their footsteps. She feels that athletes are under appreciated in this country.

Unlike Korea and China, which have comprehensive pension plans for ex-athletes and offer a host of benefits and incentives for star athletes, Indonesia does not offer its athletes a bright future.

She feels this is one of the reasons for the declining quality of badminton players in Indonesia.

7. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Thanks for the info, sis :)

8. bal-bal

bal-bal Regular Member

PNS
    and I ever hear about their sister sandrawati wijaya in some tournament when I was in junior school. not so good I think.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, their sister is badminton player too but lesser known shuttler...

Badminton : Six Companies Embrace New Sponsorships for Indonesia Shuttlers

Ami Afriatni | February 14, 2013

Indonesia’s badminton administrators have signed up six new sponsors in deals totaling Rp 33.2 billion ($3.4 million), for the first time allowing companies to sponsor individual athletes and coaches.

The Indonesia Badminton Association (PBSI) on Thursday announced that it had signed the sponsorship deals with apparel producers Victor, Li Ning, Flypower, Astec, Babolat and Reinforced Speed and would use the funds to support 80 shuttlers and 10 coaching staff. The deals mark the end of the commercial domination of Japan’s Yonex, which had been the sole sponsor of the federation for years.

The broadening of sponsorship deals and the decision to allow the sponsorship of individual athletes and coaches were initiatives of PBSI president Gita Wirjawan, the country’s trade minister who assumed the sporting role last September.

“PBSI sees the athletes and coaches’ welfare as the most important thing to start the country’s badminton revitalization,” PSBI head of finance and promotion Anton Subowo said on Thursday.

“By improving their welfare, I believe it will attract many talented young athletes to start their career as badminton players because they know they will have a bright future ahead.”

------------------------------------------------
    Full article : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/spor...-sponsorships-for-indonesian-shuttlers/571760

10. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

Regarding resignation of Marcus GF from Pelatnas, here i quote article from bulutangkis.com (sorry, it's still in bahasa). I think this is an important matter that we can discuss for better Indonesian Badminton in the future. I am not interested in looking who is fault is this. But i think transparency/accountability and good communication is important in good govern organization.

Ada Apa Dengan Marcus GF?
    Bulutangkis.com - “Kwkwkkkwkwk.. masa sih markus ngambek ga dkrm ke all england trs mundurin diri dr pbsi? Ini kata ko rudy kl markus ngambek... Ketauan bgt mental si markus mw jelong2 trs diupload ke twiter gitu aja ngambek’’. Demikian thread di forum diskusi Bulutangkis.com yang diposting member @624nz pada hari Selasa, 12-Februari-2013, jam 19:49:17 dengan judul “Atlet kita Markus ngambek”. Dan bergulirlah obrolan tentang sang atlet bahkan sepertinya memojokkan sang atlet. Seperti petinju yang kena pukulan bertubi-tubi dari lawan di pojok ring, tanpa bisa membalas pukulan lawan.

Obrolan di forum diskusi Bulutangkis.com seperti jadi trending topic di forum dalam beberapa hari belakangan ini. Tak hanya satu thread, bahkan menghangat dengan thread lanjutannya “Atlet kita Markus ngambek (Part 2)”, berlanjut lagi “Atlet kita Markus ngambek (Part 3)”. Hingga menjadi trilogi thread diskusi di forum diskusi Bulutangkis.com.

Ada cerita apa sebenarnya dibalik kisah mundurnya Marcus Gideon Fernaldi dari Pelatnas Cipayung? Mundurnya Marcus sesungguhnya bukanlah kasus pertama yang terjadi di Pelatnas Cipayung. Tercatat beberapa atlet seperti Taufik Hidayat, Vita Marissa, Alvent Yulianto Chandra, Hendra Aprida Gunawan, Luluk Hadiyanto, Markis Kido, Hendra Setiawan, Tommy Sugiarto, Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth, Nova Widianto dan beberapa atlet lain yang pernah mundur dari Pelatnas Cipayung.

Tak hanya atlet saja yang mundur dari Pelatnas, bahkan pelatih juga pernah mundur. Hendrawan, Sigit Pamungkas, Sarwendah Kusumawardhani dan Marleve Mainaky merupakan nama-nama pelatih yang pernah tercatat mundur dari Pelatnas Cipayung. Lius Pongoh tercatat sebagai Kabid Binpres yang pernah mengundurkan diri dari Pelatnas. Dan yang paling fenomenal, Chairul Tanjung, mengundurkan diri sebagai Ketua Umum PB PBSI pada tahun 2004.

Mereka mundur dengan berbagai alasan yang berbeda. Dan memang kisah mundurnya nama-nama di atas dari Pelatnas Cipayung menjadi kisah-kisah menarik bagi penggemar bulutangkis di Tanah Air. Ada apa sebenarnya yang terjadi di Kawah Candradimuka pebulutangkis nasional ini? Apalagi Pelatnas Cipayung bukanlah Menara Gading di tengah maraknya obrolan di jejaring sosial.

Lalu mengapa mundurnya Marcus Gideon Fernaldi atlet ganda putra yang kini berada di peringkat 28 dunia berpasangan dengan Agripina Prima Rahmanto Pamungkas menjadi gosip hangat bulutangkis? Cerita yang beredar, mundurnya Marcus Gideon Fernaldi yang akrab disapa Sinyo dari Pelatnas memang berbau tidak sedap. Pasalnya Sinyo disebut ngambek hanya karena tidak ikut diberangkatkan pelatihnya ke ajang All England 2013 yang merupakan salah satu turnamen bulutangkis tertua di dunia. Benarkah Sinyo ngambek?

Pembuat thread diskusi @624nz ternyata mengutip twit @broedyanto, milik Bambang Roedyanto, Kasubid Hubungan Internasional PBSI. Twit @broedyanto kepada @bulutangkis News isinya, “ngga dikirim ke All england..jd ngambek...setiap pemain dpt jatah kok utk kejuaraan mana.” Twitt @broedyanto merespon twit @bulutangkis News berikut ini, “Pemain berpotensi Marcus Fernaldi Gideon mengundurkan diri dari pelatnas. Ada apa koh @broedyanto ?” pada 12 Februari lalu.

Namun sayang sekali pada topik yang sama di twitter, @broedyanto tidak menjawab pertanyaan kami lewat account @bulutangkis com. Twitt kami kepada @broedyanto dan @bulutangkis News berbunyi, “Yang bilang ngambek siapa ya Ko?”

Tak mendapat jawaban, kami mengontak Sinyo pada Selasa malam lalu. Sinyo membenarkan bahwa dirinya telah mengajukan pengunduran diri secara tertulis. “Saya bukan ngambek, cuma agak down aja,” ungkap Sinyo kepada Bulutangkis.com perihal alasan pengunduran dirinya dari Pelatnas Cipayung. “Memang semua pada gak tahu masalahnya kenapa,” tambah Sinyo menilai banyaknya tudingan yang menyalahkan dirinya setelah twitnya di jejaring sosial Twitter.

Cerita bermuara saat Sinyo menanyakan kepada Herry IP sapaan akrab Herry Iman Pierngadi yang kini menjadi Kepala Pelatih Ganda Putra, mengapa dia dan Agri pasangannya tidak ikut dikirim berlaga di ajang All England 2013. Sinyo juga menanyakan kepada Herry IP sang pelatih, kenapa yang dikirim pasangan yang peringkatnya di bawah mereka dan yang pada pertemuan terakhir pun dikalahkan mereka. Namun Sinyo yang bertanya dengan baik-baik, mendapat respon yang tidak mengenakkan dan terkesan marah. Herry IP sang pelatih menyebutkan yang dikirim pasangan yang lebih berprospek.

“Masak ada pelatih bisa ngomong begitu di depan anak buahnya,” ungkap Sinyo nelangsa. “Padahal saya nanyanya baik-baik,” jelas Sinyo.

Sinyo atlet kelahiran Jakarta, 9 Maret 1991 asal PB Tangkas Specs ini sepertinya menyimpan perasaan tidak enak dengan Herry IP yang juga berasal dari PB Tangkas Specs. Herry IP juga dikenal sebagai pelatih bertangan dingin yang sukses membawa pasangan Tony Gunawan/ Candra Wijaya menyabet medali emas Olimpiade Sydney 2000. Saat turnamen Bankaltim Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 di Samarinda, Marcus/Agri yang lagi ‘on fire’ diminta Herry IP untuk mengalah kepada pasangan Bona Septano/ Mohammad Ahsan. Ini bagaikan smash keras yang tak terelakkan Marcus/Agri. Apa arti sebuah jerih payah berlatih, kalau akhirnya harus mundur tanpa melalui pertarungan sejati. Sebagai imbalan, janji Herry IP kepada Marcus/Agri adalah akan dikirim ke turnamen Macau Open Grand Prix Gold 2011. Akhirnya Marcus/Agri menyerah kepada Bona/Ahsan lewat pertarungan hanya satu game dengan skor 19-21 di laga perempat final.

Janji tinggal janji. Imbalan yang dijanjikan pelatih untuk ikut berlaga ke Macau tak dipenuhi. “Pas saya tanya jawabnya juga gak enak, katanya ya itu terserah saya, saya kan pelatih, saya bisa aja gak kirim kamu, itu terserah saya,” ungkap Sinyo menirukan jawaban Herry IP sang pelatih saat menanyakan janjinya. “Akhirnya ke Macau dikansel, kita berangkat dengan biaya sendiri,” ungkap Sinyo yang dikenal disiplin dan rajin berlatih.

Tak ikut ke ajang All England pada awal bulan Maret depan ternyata berbuntut panjang. Pada saat jelang perhelatan Djarum Superliga Badminton 2013 di Surabaya, Sinyo bertemu Ketua PB Tangkas Specs dan menceritakan kisahnya yang tak dikirim ke All England 2013. Pihak klub pun akhirnya mengirimkan surat resmi ke PBSI menanyakan perihal tidak diberangkatkannya Sinyo ke All England 2013.

Surat PB Tangkas Specs yang secara resmi menanyakan nasib anak didiknya berbuah tak mengenakkan bagi Sinyo. “Pelatih jadi gak suka sama saya, didiamin terus, gak disuruh latihan, disuruh tembok terus,” ungkap Sinyo.

Merasa tak nyaman dengan kondisi berlatih, akhirnya Sinyo menjumpai Christian Hadinata, Kasubid Pelatnas PBSI menceritakan kondisi pelatihan yang dialami. Bukannya mendapat jalan keluar, tapi Christian Hadinata malah menegur Sinyo akibat ulahnya sehingga PB Tangkas Specs melayangkan surat kepada Gita Wirjawan, Ketua Umum PB PBSI. “Seperti rumah tangga kita emang pasti ada kekurangan tapi jangan diomong-omongin keluar,” ungkap Sinyo mengulang teguran yang diterimanya dari Christian Hadinata. “Saya heran kalau mereka benar kenapa harus takut diprotes,” tambah Sinyo.

Tak tahan kondisi yang ada, akhirnya Selasa, 12 Februari lalu Marcus Fernaldi Gideon “Sinyo” memutuskan mengundurkan diri. Tak tanggung-tanggung Sinyo memanfaatkan jejaring sosial sebagai humas dirinya sendiri. Twitnya @Marcus fernaldiG: “Info: sy mengundurkan diri dari pelatnas terima k”.

“Saya sudah gak nyaman lagi disitu (Pelatnas). Mending saya di rumah aja nyaman tentram dan bahagia,” ungkap Sinyo. “Di luar pelatnas masih bisa maen keluar, bisa cari sponsor juga kalau memang mau latihan semangat,” jelas Sinyo.

Bagaimana PBSI menyikapi keluarnya Fernaldi? “Tadi malam saya sudah lihat komen Sinyo di Twitter. Saya belum bisa sampaikan apa-apa, karena belum ada tanggapan dari pelatih ataupun Pak Christian. Nanti saya infokan lagi,” jelas Ricky Soebagja, Kasubid Humas dan Social Media PBSI kepada Bulutangkis.com hari Rabu lalu (13 Februari).

Keluarnya Marcus Gideon Fernaldi pada saat awal kepengurusan baru PB PBSI di bawah kepemimpinan Gita Wirjawan, Menteri Perdagangan yang ahli manajemen patut mendapat catatan tersendiri. Pasalnya Promosi Degradasi atlet Pelatnas PBSI baru saja berlangsung. Kita tunggu lebih lanjut bagaimana langkah PBSI memanage komunikasi kepada atlet-atletnya. Khususnya menyikapi mundurnya Marcus Gideon Fernaldi “Sinyo” salah satu atlet terbaik yang dimiliki yang seharusnya dibina dengan baik. (fk)

#3050 jks_niceguy, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  11. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

I wonder about Rexy Job Description as Kasubid Pembinaan. Is Rexy involve directly in coaching an athlete?
    I mean Rexy is a good coach for double and if Owi/Butet and Ahsan/Hendra get hand on coaching from Rexy i think it will give a great impact for the pairs. I still believe that Owi/Butet and Ahsan/Hendra have a chance to be a number one ranking in XD and MD. Just need a good finishing touch : )

#3051 jks_niceguy, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Any chance of a translation of your post from bulutangkis.com? :)

13. sen

sen Regular Member

I do not know anything about Markus and his problem with the coaches.

But I remember that when Kidho/Hendra was still new in PBSI, they once have issues with the coaches and resulting in them not being sent to tournaments. At that time, I think they have not won any tournaments yet and their rankings are still quite low.

Nowadays, I seldom read articles from bulutangkis.com. I think this article is interesting. Coaches often have preferences on who they think is potential. If what is written in the article is true, I believe that there are big communication problem (or how to communicate)

14. naistav

naistav Regular Member

This is really shocking for me.
    let me quote piece of the article that shocking me:

"Sinyo atlet kelahiran Jakarta, 9 Maret 1991 asal PB Tangkas Specs ini sepertinya menyimpan perasaan tidak enak dengan Herry IP yang juga berasal dari PB Tangkas Specs. Herry IP juga dikenal sebagai pelatih bertangan dingin yang sukses membawa pasangan Tony Gunawan/ Candra Wijaya menyabet medali emas Olimpiade Sydney 2000. Saat turnamen Bankaltim Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 di Samarinda, Marcus/Agri yang lagi ‘on fire’ diminta Herry IP untuk mengalah kepada pasangan Bona Septano/ Mohammad Ahsan. Ini bagaikan smash keras yang tak terelakkan Marcus/Agri. Apa arti sebuah jerih payah berlatih, kalau akhirnya harus mundur tanpa melalui pertarungan sejati. Sebagai imbalan, janji Herry IP kepada Marcus/Agri adalah akan dikirim ke turnamen Macau Open Grand Prix Gold 2011. Akhirnya Marcus/Agri menyerah kepada Bona/Ahsan lewat pertarungan hanya satu game dengan skor 19-21 di laga perempat final. "

Google translation (with some random lazy fixes):
    Sinyo (Markus) athletes born in Jakarta, March 9, 1991 PB Tangkas Specs origin is likely to save Herry feeling uncomfortable with the IP, also from PB Tangkas Specs. Herry IP is also known as a successful coach brought Tony Gunawan / Candra Wijaya won the Sydney 2000 Olympic gold medal. When the tournament Bankaltim Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 in Samarinda, Marcus / Agri that was 'on fire' requested by Herry IP to lose to the pair Bona Septano/Mohammad Ahsan. It's like a loud smash the inevitable Marcus/Agri. What is training for, if in the end they had to retreat without any real fight. In return, Herry IP's promise to Marcus/Agri is to be sent to the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold 2011. Finally Marcus/Agri surrendered to Bona/Ahsan through the fight just one game with the score 19-21 in the quarterfinals.

2 things I am worried of:
    1. Competition within INA MD (or INA Pelatnas), is not healthy, many subjective factors where there then.
    2. Seems like sending palyers to tournament was not arranged thru a plan. Seems almost every athlete didn't got plan for them for at least one year ahead. Example for this is, promise to send Markus/Agri to Macau Open only if they give the game to Bona/Ahsan (which was broken promise). Or even worse, not only athlete didn't know what tournament they will be sent, but maybe the coaches didn't have it handy. I remembred in one of Wisnu Yuli tweet, when a fans asked to him what tournament he is next to particate, he answered "I don't know"

Then this implies to like playing with quotas of each players, politics from athlete clubs, and even 'transactions' of quotas to tournaments sending. Horrible.

With these examples, I would (my view only based on these cases) conclude that Herry IP then is not a good manager and motivator, he maybe a good technical coach. PBSI need to support the coaches with management and planning resources to help him.

15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    If you guys do not know wholenstory, stop judging the coaches....all players are sent according to the plan,..remember that we have new sponsors and some of them had asked certain players to play certain tournaments...if Herry IP is not good...some of MD will leave Pelatnas...have you seen any complaints from MD? Nope....how do you know Marcus had been promised by Herry IP?how???Herry IPnis not a person who will go to reporters and saynthis and that..especially on negative sides on the players...he won't do that...Kido had done bad things on him before...did he say that to reporters about bad treatments from players?nope....he moves on ....if he is not good, why Hendra Setiawan was willing to go back to pelatnas and coached by Herry?? THINK!!!!!! You guys just read one side story...Tangkas club should never ever sent letter to PBSI complaining about his players why not playing in this tournament...also Marcus/Agri had been planned to take part at Swiss, Asian Championship, Australia, India SS, etc...

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Only stupid people think that " any transactions" in PBSI to send the players...now I am challenging above person to tell who the coaches got " transactions"...

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Alfian will pairnwith Arya and Hardianto/ Agriprima

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Sending players to overseas are not cheap..to Europe alone, each player will cost $4000 minimum....also it is very unwise to send many players in one category...PBSI coaches know what they are doing...we are trying to
    Limit 3 players/pair on each categorybto one tournaments...occasionally it could be 4..except on home tourney...

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design

We have new rules....if players are not ready, PBSI will not send them.example like Vito ,Simon, Sheila ..PBSI is like a company..we have rules...players should follow....can you imagine if PBSI should honor all players' wishes?.....also PBSI will send more players to more tournaments...coaches know what they are doing...you guys should just sit and relax...

#3059 huangkwokhau, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Very well said, Hauge...