APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Remanerius

Remanerius New Member

Hey guys!
    I'm from Germany and have been playing Badminton for now about 4 years. Since I started I've been using Yonex Musclepower 21. Tension's kinda low, I think. I haven't used different rackets yet, so I can't give you a description of my racket, since I've never been able to compare.
    However, after 4 years of playing Badminton I'm kinda interested in trying out some other rackets, so I stumbled over apacs, mostly because of it's cheap price and bang for the buck-status - I'm absolutely not willing to spend up to 170€ on a Yonex racket. It's just, that I'm very confused with all the different models. E.g. I read a lot about the Lehtal 70, but it's not listed on badmintonbay.com - they have only Lethal 6, 8, 9, 10 or so, which might be a lot different. So I'm looking for a real smash monster, which should be head-heavy and a bit more stiff and heavy. Additional I'd want to order a more balanced racket. Out of all apacs models, which ones are recommended and worth a try - also in points of stability etc. I'd like to order on badmintonbay.com or maybe some other shop, you'd recommend. Price should be around 80-90€ for both of them.

2. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Hey theerac,

Very interesting with your situation with pro_one_sports. I've dealt with him before and his shipping is always slow but I'm in no rush, I do however have to constantly e-mail him like you did. I once e-mailed him 6 times in a day because he wasn't answering.

My recent order was Aug 2 and like you I received a tracking number that didn't exist. He responded yesterday with a new tracking number that shows movement of the package.

Not sure what's going on with him.. his seller rating is still decent so I don't think he's looking to rip people off.. maybe he is just over selling himself as he has so much listed at very good prices... btw his stringing technique is very crappy.. first thing I do is always cut his strings off cause the knots are HUGE!

3. theerac

theerac Regular Member

Marketing manager
    Hi Gary,

Thanks for sharing,I hope he will give me new valid tracking code too but there is no reply from him since 21 Aug seem he is not reliable as a seller.
    BTW hope to get money back from paypal.

4. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I hope things work out for you theerac, either by paypal refund or your racquets arriving. I was about to put in a paypal dispute until I received the new tracking number. If I don't see it come by next week I will also have to take action.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I just got Slayer 99 and I am loving every minute of it. I can defend better with it compared to Tantrum 200 when I am playing double and I can play a smooth net play & fast smash with it. The drives with this racket is so powerful.

6. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi APACS fans,

APACS got so many models and so little are known about them
    I just wonder whether the fans will assist by providing a personal sumary/review of their new rackets against an older one or popular brnd so we can see what they are like.

Thanks

7. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I bought lots of rackets from him; more than 20 for past 2 / 3 yrs. No doubt he is bit slow but I got everything in good condition and for great price. Sometime POS MY do not update tracking information like others do. I think he is a good seller and will be able to keep his customer happy.

8. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

One of the most powerful racket is the visible hollow vh2000. Beats all the other apacs racket I tried easily. Not the most agile racket around but everything else is excellent.

9. Cole Turner

Cole Turner Regular Member

Head, Administration and Operations
    Hey guys, where is a good place to buy apacs racket in KL/Selangor? Looking for a place with lots of choice.

10. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    i have got lethal 90 racket, it is a good attacking racket.

11. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    you can go to the Apacs website in , Hongkong,UK and Canada, they still have Lethal 70, 90 and Tantrum 300. if you can, don't get too low end racket like lethal 6-11, better off get the higher end racket because the apacs price is not too expensive. there is a new apacs racket Slayer 99 which is quite good and it is more balanced rackets.

12. leongwaipak

leongwaipak Regular Member

Accountant
  13. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I am getting monster smashing power from VH2000 and VH1700. VH1700 has served hard for years. I think it is now overused and need a retirement before it breaks. Anybody has any idea which aerodynamic Yonex racket can replace these VHs? Will it be stiff VT80 or the Flexible Nano 6600? I am skeptical about trying any other APACS racket because of vibration issues. btw VHs has the feeling of 'zero' vibration relative to others.

14. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

I have both VH2000 and Yonex VT80.

I think the VT80 has slightly more smashing power ... but slightly only. What the VT80 excel over the Apacs VH2000 is that it can defend better being easier to swing (Despite being slightly more head heavy) and also appears to swing slightly faster.

In terms of vibration, both has negligible vibration. Overall, I feel the Vt80 is a slightly better racket to me. But at less than half the price of the VT80, the VH2000 is great value. I dun feel that VT80 is much stiffer than VH2000 (maybe only slightly)

15. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Thanks txv611. What did you get - 3U or 4U VT80?

16. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

3ug5 SP3Ug5

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Which model is this? (in the hands of a former NS9900 user)

pax.jpg

#4497 demolidor, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  18. jerby

jerby Regular Member

...good luck guessing... It had an external metal T-joint, so I doubt it's very relevant...
    (I don't remember the model though, sorry)

#4498 jerby, Sep 8, 2011
  19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D so just for the picture ... (already heard about certain news but keeping a lid on it). G'luck for the season, should be exciting for you :cool:[​IMG]

#4499 demolidor, Sep 8, 2011
  20. Cole Turner

Cole Turner Regular Member

Head, Administration and Operations
    Hey, guys, any of you seen the Apacs Tantrum 300 in Selangor area? How much is it?