Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

There is no doubt whatsoever KKK-TBH are playing better. Their smashings are more lethal and their movements are not as tentative. The best part is the smiles on their faces which suggests that they are no longer worried about losing (it is always the case when you are not pressured).

Will they be able to sustain this great win with more ? Pemuda says it means nothing coz they had not won any major titles compared to others. I think he is just jealous as always - USD$42,000 prizemoney is nothing to snigger about. I would be more interested to see who wins the most in terms of prizemoney rather than the titles. :)

#961 X Ball, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. badadum

badadum Regular Member

If I were KKK/TBH, I would just state anyone who think can do better than us go ahead and join BAM and show the world what you got......either put up or shut up. :p

3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

no lar AG is just an ayam brand title,
    4 years once....the best in Asia won't
    want to win it..
    furthermore KKK/TBH won AE 07 also
    cap kapak only....coz all players is injured
    or one eye closed...
    if we add up every pairs Super Series title
    KKK/TBH is not losing either...;);)

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yoooo dude, we are back!!! How are things man?? Working or what?? I am on leave till Jan 5th.

Now for the business side of things, if you say prize money is more important than titles than KKK/TBH should join the circus or be the Harlem Globetrotters of badminton instead. You know, put on some fancy costume and entertain the crowd.

5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

heh, LYD/JJS's achievement is pretty much mirror KKK/TBH (with the exception of AG's gold).......and they even burned out in glorious fashion in the 1st round of OG.... why don't the same folk here dare to bash them as well ? Maybe because they realize its the world #2 pair we're talking here?? :p

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

How come http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton#Competitions didnt list down AG??? It mentioned the Olympics and the WC along with the Super Series but no AG.

Why dont you add up those Super Series titles since you have already done for the WC, OG, AE ... and yes that AG? ;)

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

this made me think tat u is cooler....hehe...lindan say ag is small title nia...no nid win...let tat pity th won 2 twice...;)

hehe...great idea...:eek:

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok...i will do the job...wait...

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I would say titles and prize monies are both important to the professionals.
    Most times, the prize money goes with the title in the sense that the more prestigious the title, the higher the prize money.

However, as in most things, there are exceptions. There is no official prize money for the Olympics, but win a gold medal for your country, then you are made for life, well almost, depending on your aspirations and expectations. :D

For a long time the AE did not have a prize money that commensurates with the prestige associated with it. Even some lesser tournaments in Asia presented a higher prize.

The recent SS Masters commanded the highest prize of US$500,000, I think in the entire history of world badminton, because the current world's best eight players or pairs in their respective events were supposed to be competing. It is the quality that attracted the biggest payout. But alas, without China, the strongest badminton country in the world, participating, the tournament has lost much of its prestige.

So in the end, the quality of the field counts as much as the titles and prize monies. ;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok...24 ss md title...
    6 ss title
    1)mk/hs(co2 07,hko 07,mo 08,cmo 08,do 08,fo 08)

5 ss title
    1)koo/tan(mo 07,ae 07,so 07,fo 07,do 07)
    2)lee/jung(ko 07,ae 08,so 08,hko 08,co 08)

4 ss title
    1)cai/fu(cmo 07,sgo 07,io 07,ko 08)

2 ss title
    1)zakry/fairuz(sgo 08,io 08)

1 ss title
    1)tony/candra(jo 07)
    2)lars paske/jonas rasmusen(jo 08)

done...how???pemuda???;)...thanks me...

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    koo/tan use 1 years to equal what lee jung done...
    provided koo/tan done 5 ss title in 20/22...and lee/jung done same in 2 years...now they are 20/26(correct?)
    how???

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if we included ss master finale is a ss md title too...then...koo/tan will share top rank md as mk/hs...;)

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this shows u googling a lot..:D:D

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, times are hard we all have to work harder. Even though I am the boss, I have to work harder too.

I have to disagree with your views as always. If KKK-TBH cannot achieve success in the Olympics or World Championship, it is not the end of the world. They can still be successful in making money (and this should be important coz they are professionals earning their keeps by playing badminton and so making money is VERY IMPORTANT).

I must say I get lots of thrills the other day watching them whopped the Koreans. As long as they continue to do that, I don't care if they win zilch in the majors.

And another thing, I am into ethics in participation - I am glad the BWF has put out the new rules. The Chinese players are making this a real circus and that is why the new rules.

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wow....its good old time right now with supporters and critics of Koo/Tan dissecting each of their every achievements or future :D

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

In the end, we will only remember that LCW won; KKK-TBH won, and PT-EH won in the prestigious SS Masters 2008. ;)

17. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I agree that under the circumstances they all did well and played above themselves and it is apt that they won their biggest pay packet in one tournament organized by their own country.

Who wouldn't be shockingly surprised that LCW could also make mince meat of PG in the first game as LCW himself was demolished by LD in the Beijing Olympics?

Who wouldn't be thoroughly thrilled and entertained by KKK's gimmicks when he and TBH completely subdued the great Koreans in just two straight games?

Who wouldn't be enthralled by Malaysia's best WD pair of WPT/CEH who had made such great strides that even Indonesia's best of Vita/Butet had to succumb?

I would... and at least without China's kingpins, the tournament turned out to be just as entertaining. :)

#978 Loh, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Yes. They lost to Lars Paaske & Jonas Rasmussen from Denmark. So, what do u want to tell me?

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

i dunno you are pro as well.......:eek::eek:
    spend long time checking old record leh?
    but i dont think ppl will amaze with it