Victor VS-850 Nanotec String

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Sealman, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I can't handle ZM62 @ 23lbs, so I doubt 30lbs will be an improvement! I do find tension a bizarre thing though. I can't hack ZM62 @ 23lbs, but I love BG66U @ 26 or 27lbs. VS850 I've only ever tried at 24/25/26lbs and I feel like I could easily go higher without too much issue. I've opted for ZM67 though on all my sample and prototype rackets simply because of its tension holding ability. It was a close run race though vs VS850.

2. badmintanfreak

badmintanfreak Regular Member

sales
    vs850

i am playing with vs850 and bg80 for a long time i am bit disappointed with vs850 . vs850 is similar to bg80 bit soft.vs850 went dead with in few weeks. still i can get boom in smash but repulsion mid court smash return doesn't go to the back resulting point loss.
    but bg80 still doing pretty good. i never used bg66um personally but i've tried it. but if zy65 is similar i would rather use it cause of the price

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i completely agreed with what everyone says about the tension dropping dramatically, and it's great that it's not that durable for me so i can string it more often and not worry about adjusting to change of tension when i play. the best characteristic that i love about this string is the exterior texture. it feels really rough compare to Yonex strings. please correct me if i'm wrong, but i haven't been able to find a Yonex string that feels as rough to my fingers as the VS-850. somehow i also find it useful that it has a rough exterior when i'm trying to hit a drop shot when i put slice on the shuttle.

4. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Have you tried BG80?

5. gundamzaku

working professional
    yes i've tried bg80, i do like the power i got from it using it on ns9900 and arczslash, but the feel on the exterior of the string is still smooth compare to the vs850, maybe they have a new bg80 that i don't know about, it's been a while since i looked into yonex strings since i started with the vs850. if you have new details about that string or any other yonex string that feel the same as the vs850 to the touch please share :)

6. gundamzaku

working professional
    by the way, i have the vs850 on a few different rackets and it performed similarly. MP Tour, Carlton VapourTrail Vanquish, Victor Superwave 35, Victor BS 10, AS 9. because the specs of the rackets are different, it will affect the string's performance but the the string and tension is consistent so i am led to believe that the positive result is due to the string??? please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong or if you have a better way of testing a particular string :)

7. visor

visor Regular Member

have you had a chance to compare the rough string exterior jacket of the vs850 vs. bg85 and the new nbg99?

they are supposed to be "control" type strings that are intentionally designed that way

#207 visor, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  8. gundamzaku

working professional
    for some reason when i tried by80 and bg85, i got quite a bit of power out of it. i have yet to try nbg99 so i am not sure.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

yeah, when i tried zm67, i also got more power out of it than vs850, but it wasn't as rough

but what about the string surface of the vs850 compared to bg80 and 85... did you find the latter 2 as rough as the vs850?

10. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

BG80 has the roughest surface texture I've seen. Rougher than VS-850, ZM67/62 and NBG99. Haven't tried BG85.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

ooh... thanx... looks like bg80 will be the next string i must try! :)

12. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

The tension on my vs800 @ 26lbs has already dropped a noticable amount after only 1 week! I have vs850 ready to string but I don't really want to cut my strings so quickly. I'm thinking of stringing it 2lbs higher next time, is this what people with these strings usually do to get around the fast tension loss?

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

VS850 gives a LOT when prestretched by hand... I would do this before stringing. You'll gain possibly another foot of string length.

I can see myself going to 32 with this stuff, and this is just to end up at my desired tension after the losses.

14. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    How do you compare prestretching by hand and the usual ecp +10% stretching

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    shoot, maybe i should try the bg80 again, or at least get a feel of it, because for some reason i was sure that the vs850 is the roughest...maybe i'm wrong :)

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've never seen the need for ECP pre-stretch when I do it by hand, but I think I'll do a comparison "off vs. on" when my new rackets arrive. Same string, same rackets, strung at the same time. This should settle it once and for all.

17. blableblibloblu

student
    Nice
    Something to try could just be to string the two racquets, leave them unplayed for 2 weeks and see if the frequency drops more with one method.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

You're asking someone to not play for 2 weeks with his newly strung new rackets that he just received?! :p

19. blableblibloblu

student
    I'm asking someone ELSE to do it because I clearly am not capable of doing so.

Don't ruin my plans mister!

20. gundamzaku

working professional
    i find the vs850 still has the roughest string surface by touch.