Datuk Lee Chong Wei Missing Link - World and Olympic Title

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by shooting stroke, Nov 20, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lcw said he will treat this wc as a ss
    so he will win another ss(wc)next month?

2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    haha intentionally forgotten:p:p

I support you Datuk whatever it takes as long you can win it...........:D

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yup. agreed. whatever works. It'll be just another ss. ;)

4. iqbaljuve

iqbaljuve Regular Member

student
    @shooting stroke,yes,because Lcw is king of SS.mayor tournament?only 2 AE.without olympic,wc,tc,wc,asian games induvidual.many people still debate,ae include mayor tournament?

5. shooting stroke

A wise decision by Datuk

[h=1]London outing will not be the last world tournament for Chong Wei[/h] [h=2]By RAJES PAUL[/h]

KUALA LUMPUR: World No. 1 shuttler Lee Chong Wei served up some good news for Malaysian fans before leaving for the Bath University in London yesterday to resume his final preparation for the World Championships.
    The 29-year-old Chong Wei announced that this year’s world meet, to be held at Wembley from Aug 8-14, would not be his last.
    All the World Championships-bound players left for England yesterday and they will undergo centralised training at the Bath University until Aug 4 before leaving for Wembley.
    Besides Chong Wei, the others are Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Hoon Thien How, Lim Khim Wah-Chan Peng Soon, Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty, Ng Hui Lin-Ng Hui Ern, Goh Liu Ying, Ong Jian Guo-Sabrina Chong.
    Veteran Wong Choong Hann, who is the sole independent player in the squad, will head for Wembley next week.
    Chong Wei had initially stated that his badminton career would take a back seat after next year’s London Olympic Games.
    This year, his rivals Lin Dan of China and Peter-Gade Christensen of Denmark also indicated that they had no intention of stepping down until the new generation of players takes over from them.
    “The World Championships are held every year except when it’s the Olympic year. I will compete at the next world meet (2013) and even the next Asian Games (2014) if I can still meet the physical demands of the game,” said Chong Wei.
    “I have not won the Olympic, world and Asian titles and I want to add them to my collection. I have also decided to stay on because there is no one to take over my place just yet.”
    None of Chong Wei’s younger team-mates – Liew Daren, Chan Kwong Beng and Chong Wei Feng – are in the same league as him.
    Chong Wei, who has had time to study the draw for the world meet, said: “Basically, I will be meeting the same players. China have four qualifiers and two of them – Chen Jin and Chen Long – are in my half. I will take it one match at a time.”
    The other two China players – three-time world champion Lin Dan and Du Pengyu – are in the lower half of the draw.
    Besides Chen Jin and Chen Long, the others in Chong Wei’s half are Thailand’s Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka of Indonesia, South Korean Park Sung-hwan and former world champion Taufik Hiadayt of Indonesia.
    “I am excited at the prospect of playing at Wembley. It is the same venue for next year’s Olympic Games. It will be a good experience for all the players,” he said.
    “My goal remains the same – to go all out to win the country’s first title for the country. “For now, my concern is to stay injury-free.”
    For the record, Malaysia have failed to win a world title since the tournament’s inception in 1977.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A wise decision by Datuk. One strong reason that he said that personally i think has shown why not just Datuk is a phenomenal individu as a player but also has a patriotric heart as a Malaysian towards his country is because he wants to continue to serve until Malaysia produce new generation of player/player to take over his place:

“I have not won the Olympic, world and Asian titles and I want to add them to my collection. I have also decided to stay on because there is no one to take over my place just yet.”

A millionaire and mega star like him can opt to retire and enjoy life after 2012 but he realise that great player like him in Malaysia comes with huge responsibility and I hope such noble heart for the sake of our country will be bless by winning this year WC and 2012 Olympic.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i'm sure by now you know that CHN can definitely qualify 3 MS if they can get 3 of them in the top 4 ranking by May of next yr, correct?..

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Actually, I err as I thought OLY only allows maximum 2 players from 1 country, regardless if they are in the top 4. In WC11, highly possible for LCW to face 3 CHN MS players consecutively and that could be mentally challenging.

8. shooting stroke

Wish all the best to our Datuk LCW in his quest to win the elusive WC starting tomorrow. Eventhough he will not retire early, age eventually will sure make him not at his peak performance like now, so while still at his best, its a do or die mission for Datuk LCW tomorrow since the next WC will be in 2013 and not next year since two colossal badminton events will be held next year that is the T & U Cup (may ) and Olympic ( julai).

He has all the complete packages to be a winner and its only a matter of how to translate that into a proper action. As long as he can remain mentally focus and calm, i'm sure no one can beat him:p.

9. shooting stroke

So close but yet still far

He had several opportunities to nail it but then the elusive world champion title is still beyond his reach. He was so close but then between them, one has to go and sadly it was dato'. When he made the crucial mistake by delivering towards the net a straight forehand drive, the WC title automatically goes to triple WC LD again for the 4th time and all credits has to go to LD for able to maintain a constant pressure towards Dato' and avoid making many errors like what Dato' did. Dato' also should received the credit for fighting gallantly before going down.

It seems Dato' lcw WC campaign for this year has ended and he still has another chance to nail it again in 2013. Hopefuly he is still at his best during that time. He must look his defeat today positively so that his focus and passion can remain positive to grab another important title that is missing under his belt that is the next year 2012 Olympics Gold Medal title.

Silver medal is still a bad colour and defeated by the only..and only player that deserved to defeat him in a extremely close encounters between them is better received rather then going down confusingly like what happen to our Malaysia pair Koo/Tan. Credits to both Dato' and LD for a worth watching match and possibly the match of this year between them.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Sadly, all 3 finals that are very major to him and Lin Dan... has ended in him getting silver once in all three finals. What makes it even more bitter was the bold predictions of some fans who claimed that LCW will sapu Lin Dan. :mad:

11. extremenanopowe

Sapu my butt... next of12 is the last chance. WC13 will have chen long or even ld (if he still feels like kicking butt) waiting... ;)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Again he FAILED to end his bid to conquer the WC. To 'some' fans who are angry out there, i can understand your feeling, please stop all your butt kicking thingy n please understand the feeling of 'da man' also. Lcw.. he already tried his very best and give his 100 percent commitment in yesterday's match. Better luck next time.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

i can sense next yr's OG will be an even more pressure for latok to win it all..

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I hope by then he's able to be smart enough to handle heavy pressures and burdens. But then, anything can happen in badminton. Even Kevin Cordon can beat chen long in 1st round.. LOL:D

15. extremenanopowe

There is always pressure and nerves on every stage of the game mate. ;)

16. shooting stroke

Certainly the pressure felt by our Dato' for not capturing the recently ended WC is tremendously huge. The media coverage in Malaysia also did not help in reducing his burden either. This is based on the fact that like anyone of us, he was in tremendous form from the start but then he lost again when hope and expectation was on the highest level. I pity him when i saw his short interview in the news last night that he was sorry for not capturing this year WC.

Even though we also felt sad that he was so close to capture the WC title but then it didn't happen, i can be sure that he felt even more. Since the next WC will only be in 2013, we need to always support him by all means ( via FB etc) so that he can remain focus and motivated in his quest to capture another colossal title that is the next year Olympic. No doubt that age will indeed be creeping in and such unavoidable factor will eventually affect his physical performance, however as long as he has a strong and positive mentality, nothing is impossible.

17. extremenanopowe

Now the stigma is going to haunt him until he gets the gold. In his mind, there's this 'how can I let this one go? This is the best chance.' Maybe it's the stupid macdonald I went? lol. ;) Can a psychologist help him?

18. shooting stroke

I think he needs to find himself a steady girlfriend that can give him some "mental" boost:D

19. extremenanopowe

We shall see on the next meet up. Are they going to be in Japan Open again? ;)

Alarm bells must be ringing if he loose again.

An again, LD may not be that keen for a fight. Just enjoying the sushi.

He doesn't mind loosing straight sets and use this as a psychology. ;)

So Lin Dan will say, I don't mind loosing the small tournaments to you but, you are never gonna get the big one cat and mouse game. ;)

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Actually, I agree with you!
    (but it has to be the right one. The wrong one would just turn him into a nervous blathering wreck who even HH would defeat in straight games! :p)