arcsaber islash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by vivekaloor, Dec 18, 2012.

1. vivekaloor

vivekaloor Regular Member

student
    planning on getting a new racquet. which would be a better buy arcsaber islash or voltric zforce? what are the pros and cons?

2. Danze

Danze Regular Member

get the z force, nearly no one owns a islash.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    just because no one owns an i-slash doesn't make it a bad racket, and just because everyone might own a zforce doesn't mean it'll fit the OP's needs.

to the OP, please let us know the type of player you are and what you are looking for in a racket, whether it really is the racket that hindering your advancement or if you're just getting another racket for the sake of getting another racket.

even with pros and cons, we need to know what your preferences are. a head heavy racket could be a pro for someone and con for another :)

4. vivekaloor

vivekaloor Regular Member

student
    i was using the armortec 70 earlier. prefer head heavy racquets , more of attacking play. im an intermediate level player.

5. Danze

Danze Regular Member

Z force is the most head heavy racket possible from. People say blah blah racket won't make intermediate player advanced blah its about player not racket etc. But in honesty, they just dont want more players to get better :p Get the zforce mate.It's lightweight and head heavy. Good for attacking play, and honestly isnt that bad at defence despite what people say. Sweet easy clears too, tri voltage technology makes clearing feel so easy.

#5 Danze, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  6. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

that is such a strange generalization. the zforce does not make anyone a better player.
    i like the voltric 80 over the z-force.

why would anyone want to be so evil like what you have described in your statement in bold?

7. Danze

Danze Regular Member

some people say, if u buy good racket, wont make u better player! whilst it is true to an extent, they way i see it is that to become an advanced player, you have to do things to become an advanced player. you do not play a certain amount of time, two years? five years? then you wake up one day and you are officially advanced player. no certain amount of time, no physical purchased thing can do that. but you have to start doing things to become an advanced player. yes, invest some money in a decent racket, start understanding different string tensions, types of grips, etc. i hear so many people telling new players oh, dont bother getting new racket it doesn't help you. ive personally tried using the club rackets mass produced from 1980, or mass purchased muscle power 3's. it is absolutely crap and it only slows down progress for new players. do not think that after a certain amount of time i will get better, then i can buy a new racket and i can be treated like a good player. you have to work extra hard to progress and advance your skills. when people treat you like a new player, and you let them, then you will be treated like a new player until you yourself do something to change that.

#7 Danze, Dec 19, 2012
  8. Danze

Danze Regular Member

also, in addition to my last post, he was asking Islash or Z force,
    Why the **** would I bring the VT80 into this? lol?

9. vajrasattva

o'mai.. i feel so advanced owning a zforce.. now i must be a great player like you!!!

10. vajrasattva

i was suggesting the subjectivity of racquet preference since he was asking about something head heavy.

you need to grow in a way to become more civil than spewing vulgarities on a public domain.

11. gundamzaku

working professional
    so you've been using a head heavy racket, then the zforce might be a better choice of the two because it's also head heavy. the islash will be more even balance so comparatively speaking the zforce will give you a bit more power, a bit slower on speed. but since you're more of an attack player you'll enjoy the power from the zforce.

12. gundamzaku

working professional
    to the OP:

the important thing to keep in mind from previous posts on this thread is that you want equipment that fit your level. you don't want to have equipment that hinders your advance, like educational rackets that's just way to heavy to use for playing in a game, unless you're an advance player who just wants to mess around :) at the same time it is not necessary to buy something so expensive that you might not need and in turn waste your money...unless you don't care then in that case buy whatever you feel like :)

i truly believe that, while some are pessimists and skeptical of others' motives, no one here will try to misguide someone in the process of advancing in badminton. if anything, we have moderators and other knowledgeable people who surf this forum and they will jump in and correct a misinformed individual of their suggestions. in the end i think everyone is trying to help each other :)

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Probably still trying to sell that Z-Force in the Buy & Sell they couldn't handle before they can afford an I-SLash :D ...

Would be interesting enough to know why he picked these specific two? Perhaps looking for a so called good smashing racket ...

#13 demolidor, Dec 19, 2012
  14. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

islash.. hmm... never heard of it. I didn't know Apple started making racquets.

Is it retina display?

15. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    wait for the new arcsaber ismash. so much more powerful :D

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Quite neat actually: it connects with your iphone/pod via bluetooth and keeps all kinds of data [​IMG]:cool:. Forgot what the app for it was called ...

17. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

Well, if it can send data about my hardest smashes and my winners to everyone on my contact list, I'll be happy :p

18. katayamamsk

katayamamsk Regular Member

i-slash has the same head shape with z-slash but it is less stiffer than z-slash and less head heavy . when you play both of this racket , you will feel z-slash is more head heavy even though it is even balance . zforce also have the same head shape with both z & i slash but it is extra stiff and heavy head balance with tri-voltric system on it . and zforce has nanopreme on the shaft while the i & z slash doesnt . so now you just have to know which racket suits you the best .

19. DeVi|_FaT

DeVi|_FaT Regular Member

Student
    Is this your review of the Yonex I-Slash Racquet???

20. katayamamsk

katayamamsk Regular Member

not really , this is just the specs of the racket as i have all of them and try them .