Lee Chong Wei Get 'datuk' Title....

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by reiko80, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    I dont agree if LCW be a politician, its not him at all. He is a great athlete so please dont be a politician, because it will annoying his appereance in tournament..

2. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    So now Misbun also got his Datukship......

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Many polictians in MAS doesnt want the athletes to be excel. They never learn from past mistakes. Look at how Koo/Tan perfomance currently. After they both being "used" for the by-election in Machap.
    I strongly believe LCW will get the same fate as Koo/Tan. Wouldnt be any different

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, another politician decided to jump in the bandwagon & join in, with a Datukship from his state :p;). Dont seem to remember the Sidek brothers being from Melaka.

Plus, Misbun as the coach gets 20% of what LCW got = RM60,000.

haha, after what happened to KKK/TBH, LCW knows how to answer, by saying his coach doesnt like it & he'll be critised if he doesnt do well in Japan Open. The politicians should do well to remember how angry Rexy was at ABC 2007:D

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Datuk Lee, and then
    Datuk Misbun.

Why no Datuk-ship for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit? They won that silver medal also.

And for all the TC1992 PLAYERS ALSO.???

As an athlete, silver medal means that you are still not the best of the best. Maybe for malaysians, 2nd place is good enough - rather than gets nothing.

Datuk-ship will lost its value if things like this continue and become meaningless.

Athlete get silver medal crowned Datuk-ship, ''ASTRANAUTS'' get Datuk-ship etc....

Maybe KWUN also entitle for the Datuk-ship for his contribution of creating and platform badminton fanz to share our point and view, if he is malaysian.:D

6. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate

YEA LOR ! stop simply giv datukship !!!!
    especially the assh***-naut !!! spent rakyat 40 billion just to be penumpang to space (forgot 4 or 40 billion). like that also can be dato... !!!!

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    You might get into trouble complaint about Datuk Musapa (the one take space taxi) because of his pangkat.....:D:D

8. pinkpuncheryfic

pinkpuncheryfic New Member

Students
    excuse me?!

He totally deserves the title ok? If you want to complain so much, why don't YOU yourself try playing against the world no.1, lin dan of china. It's not easy getting this kind of title. I mean like, seriously. What's wrong with getting that title when he definitely deserves it.

You mean you didn't feel any anxiety while watching the match? Or you didn't support Lee Chong Wei during the Gold Medal Match? If you chose to deny it, I still wouldn't believe that you didn't even have an inch of that gan cheong feeling when he was about to play or when he was playing.

Tell me, why doesn't he deserve the datukship? You mean, you're worthier than him?

Or you think people like Michelle Yeoh deserves this title more than Lee Chong Wei? I do think she deserves the title. But what I don't understand is all this negative talk about Lee Chong Wei and his datukship. Michelle Yeoh is a fantastic and marvelous actress. However, I honestly think acting is much much (I repeat) MUCH easier than playing badminton. When you act, you can afford to make mistakes because after making one, all you have to do is retake that specific scene. But for playing a sport like badminton, you can't afford to make any mistakes as it will jeopardize a player's entire score.

If you can give me a better reason besides 'Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit didn't get the datuk title although they managed to get a silver medal' I'd definitely listen to your opinions. (Please defend yourself by trying to use better english. I know my english isn't that good, but I know that I can spell 'fans' as F A N S and not F A N Z!)

I find it unfair (i'm not biased ok?) they didn't get a datuk title but you should bring a few matters into consideration.

Like for instance, if Siti Nurhaliza started her whole music career in a group of five, you don't expect the goverment to give EVERY SINGLE member of the group a datuk title right? The same thing goes for Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit. Takan both players get a Datukship titile right? It wouldn't feel that right.

I know you're wondering, Lee Chong Wei AND Misbun Sidek got that title. But think about it, Misbun Sidek contributed SO MUCH into making Lee Chong Wei World No. 2.

And if they were to give the title to Yap Kim Hock and Cheah Soon Kit, then they'd have to give the exact same title to their coach (whoever it may be). Then title will then be less meaningful because it's divided into three!

Another thing is that Olympics now and Olympics back then is very different. Now it is much more competitive compared to back then. And also, it's good to celebrate by giving him a datukship because we haven't gotten a medal in the Olympics in 12 years!

Imagine this.

Your sibling got a medal when he/she was four. Many many many years have passed, and that sibling of yours failed to get a medal, there's still a little bit of hope that he/she will come back from a competition, smiling as he/she recieved a medal. And when he/she turns sixteen, he/she comes back with a silver medal!!! Tell me you won't celebrate, and I will start quoting Bible verses at you about lying being a sin.

This datukship is a way to thank him for working so hard for his country. Judging by the way you (the people who claims DATUK Lee Chong Wei doesn't deserve the title) speak, please step forward and make your country proud!

Dato Asbullah
    RevoWithin
    and the rest of you who don't support DATUK Lee Chong Wei and his title,

please contact me through my profile on this forum and you can sabo and insult me like a mad bull when you come back with a datukship. and this time, it won't be a title because you got a silver medal. and it also won't be because you won a GOLD medal. but you'd get the datuk title because you got 9 gold medals in the London Olympics 2012! Wohoooo!!

9. RevoWithin

pharmacy undergraduate
    haha..yea oh..i forgot cant touch politic here..... i too concern abt politic.. thats why ....

sorry if any admin saw this !!! SORRY !

10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    welcome to BC..........:)
    maybe you just missed a lot. we did talk a lot before this.
    spend some time reading here in BC, you will know why.

11. eaglehelang

Hiyaa Dato', you also know why they give mah, and it's not cos 2nd place is good enuf. :D:D

Yap Kim Hock/Cheah Soon Kit, someone already give his/her opinion, hilarious too. you also didnt read the other pages.

hehehe, this person did not read the preceding 8 pages or saw VChing's many :mad::mad:

12. pinkpuncheryfic

pinkpuncheryfic New Member

Students
    Well, I only joined this forum because i wanted to download videos of Lee Chong Wei during the Olympics. And I just came across this thread. Since I'm a Lee Chong Wei fan, I guess I got pretty angry about what other people said.

But the next time I probably visit this website again would probably be like...when Lee Chong Wei competes during the next Olympics?? I don't know...I just don't like reading comments which don't make sense and have lots of grammatical errors like 'walau weiiiiiii lidat also can ah? datuk ship when he oni got silver medal?? lolxxxxxx hahazzzzz~~~~~~~~!!!!! did u c how he kena owned by lin danzzz wahahaha so farnyyyyyyyyyy'

Goodness I can't stand those kind of useless comments. That's why I never read the previous thread pages which is why I haven't a clue about what went on before this. I guess it's partialy my fault that I got so boiled up about this topic. =/

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Depends on how and what is the standard of the Bcers' mind when reading other ppl's post. DO NOT SIMPLY USE THE WORD SUCH AS 'USELESS'.

I want to ask you if you are really LCW's fan. Give me your opinion on the defeat tamely to Lin Dan in the final game at Beijing.

LCW is a good player, i never doubt of abt it. But the mentality is weak. U might said he is under pressure, 26 million ppl of malaysia put their hope on him. But think of LD. How much ppl behind LD? And why LD can perform extremely well in that game?

14. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    LD had the burden shared between Fu HF/Cai Y and Du Jing/Yu Yang for gold medal quest...

15. eaglehelang

+ an assured gold in WS. + many more China althetes to "share the burden" in the quest for gold & won 51 for China. + LCW medal was to be the only medal for Msia, his quest was for the 1st gold ever. ;);)

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i beg to differ. Fu/Cai's hope were for the 4th gold, and gao ling/zhengbo's hope were for the 5th gold. not a shared burden with LD. When they lost, LD's pressure went up big time, twice, because now HE HAS TO win gold to maintain 3 golds as promised by LYB to the big wigs. This is on top of pressure put on by 1.3 billion chineses. Just imagine all the 'why LD lost' and 'LYB is a ___' threads if LD did not win gold.

#156 cooler, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

where`s bananakid??:)
    let him join the party here..if its ok.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What's wrong with using the word,'USELESS'? It's useless when a comment does not add value to the discussion but that shouldn't mean the comment cannot appear here.Many of your posts are 'useless' but why should you let my opinion of your posts disturb you?
    Let's take your unceasing criticism of LCW and Misbun.It's a breakthrough achievement on the part of LCW to win an OG silver. Public recognition of that feat,and the incredible talent, effort and sacrifice that must have been put through by LCW and Misbun,is expected,decent and justified. The fact that LCW lost badly to LD does not negate his greatest reach to date.Do not confuse that with the MSF disappointment felt by fans.(And 'Datuk' is such a common title nowadays.)
    Actually, what LCW got is less that what Spore's table tennis women's team got.As you may be aware, Spore also won a breakthrough silver(after 48? years!) Our TT women achieve celebrity status, more money than LCW and will also be awarded the "Datuk' equivalent for the glory they brought to Spore.And in Spore, we appreciate their gutsy feat even though they can't even speak a word of the national language.(Your LCW is amazingly trilingual)

Your lack of appreciation of what LCW and Misbun has brought to your country appals me.If you had gone through 10% of their tough journey, you would probably be in awe of them.I don't know much of you but your comments betray a person who probably has achieved very little in life to date yet has such arrogance you cannot appreciate greatness.

19. RevoWithin

pharmacy undergraduate
    we will see how chong wei perform after he got the datukship.

if he still excel, then good, i'm proud of him !
    if he wan senang senang life...and screw up his career...then .. we will need another "chong wei"

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.