Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    If LCW is a loser, i think there is something very wrong with the whole BWF system...

2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    If this is the title of the book as translated in Chinese then as far as the title is concern, the author is making a joke about Dato', regardless of what are the content inside the book.

If the author is educated enough to realize that the title "Dato" that has been bestowed to him from the Sultan carries a high dignity and respect from the public point of view here in Malaysia, then the author should write a more appealing title that does not make his fan or anyone who respect him as a friend and player feels that he is being disrespect.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    do u guys think lcw is not one of the team to decide what his book's chinese title?
    lol

4. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Everyone was once a loser before becoming a champion so this is a no brainer.
    It takes a lot of sacrifice and commitment to become the best. 5 - 6 days a week training which starts at 6am when people are still sleeping, no life, body pain and aches everyday.

It is not easy so lets appreciate what the players go through, win or lose they all deserve some respect.

5. mat21

mat21 Regular Member

Even though i'm filipino i adore LCW and i know he would beat LD this time...

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

duuude... i like you!!

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This must be the best first post for a long long time.

8. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Wish you a happy and healthy 2012 too. I have no idea Tang's training methodolgies and like you, I am anxiously awaiting Chris to enlighten me too:pIMO, LD is never a technical player as LCW or TH are. LD game is very simple, not fancy and build on speed, anticipation, power and super fitness/stamina, give LD an opening and he would capitalize. I think Tang knows of LD limitation and Tang's strategy was to train, fine tune and peak that aspects of LD game to make them more potent which LD clearly showed at OLY08 where he outplayed and I would say surprised LCW with his speed and birdie anticipation. There was nothing much that LCW can do that night in Beiging, given that LD was playing his best badminton game of his life in that final. When the match started, you can see Tang hand gestured like reminding LD to stay focus one point at a time.
    If that match was the best of LD, I don't think he can better that as LD is 4 years older this time around, but fortunately for him, the opposition is not that much better and the nearest rival LCW is also 4 years older as well. Just my thoughts on seeing that OLY08 MSF so many times.;)

#7209 OneToughBirdie, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    The thing is the one who can bring Lin Dan to his best, allowing him to do what he's good at (in playing badminton of course).

Its a two way traffic with one controlling and the other performing.

It's hard to explain this coach and player relationship thing here

but I am sure most of the time when the thing is around (that would be txf, otb)

most of you would be able to see a different Lin Dan.

He plays like he has two minds and he likes every moment of it.

So satisfied so sure and full of confidence. :)

#7210 pBmMalaysia, Jan 5, 2012
  11. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    I have to disagree with this statement! I think you were able to say this about LD during 2005/2006 even some of 2007 but during the run up and post Olympics he has successfully and been consistently executing shots that nobody else would even try. Almost every shot has some form of deception, while still remaining very accurate. I will even say, that LD has the best shots in the game for last few years.

LCW arguably had the best season of his career and you're telling me that the competition hasn't improved. WoW???

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I believe Coach Tang was there when LCW stunned LD ( who was full of confidence before the match) in TC08 in Jakarta. The key factor which determines who will be the victor is likely more their preparations. LD has the edge there, with full back up from the coaches ( and teammates) who know their stuff. LCW has coaches that I would call 80% type because they cannot do the remaining 20% homework that s crucial. If LCW does the 20% homework, he will be confident of winning.LCW s strategic flaw is his belief that he has to play his A game throughout a match to win. He does not have to. With his vast experience and all round skills, he has all the weapons to defuse his opponents A game. When he focuses on not allowing his opponents to use their strengths besides attacking their weaknesses, his opponents will lose confidence and have a bad day. This is especially so with dangerous MS youngsters. When LCW plays his A game (which his opponents would obviously train for) and they are able to return his shots, their confidence will grow and if they get into a zone where all their shots work, they can cause an upset. For example, CL s the only MS who can consistently bang down a smash winner from the baseline ( because of his height which is also his liability) and every time he does that, he grows more confident and plays better. If CL has minimal chances of using that weapon, he will feel quite powerless. And any tactics that will maximise his having to bend down to the maximum will take its toll on CL. Of course CL s skills has improved but LCW has the edge in all areas if he prepares for his match more comprehensively and consistently. Most times, his body language is like he just turns up and play. ( the typical MAS attitude of doing things : ' See how lah, if got problem, then problem, if no problem, best lah' )

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I still say when it comes to technical, LD is behind LCW and TH. TH and LCW are known for their technical game which when it work is beautiful to watch.
    When it comes to the technical component, I would say LD's fitness (includes stamina), speed, defense, anticipation, power/accurate attack rank far higher than his technical game, and those attributes have made LD a very successful player. Someone in BC once said, LD in the third game has just warmed up and goes to turbo drive, and most players are dead by then.
    I am not saying LD technical game sucks, it is just that TH/LCW is better. LD's defense (I think LD pioneered the diving defense which LCW copied), consistency, attack with precision, fitness/stamina (that is why he is called SuperDan), and the toughest arsenal for anyone to learn that is anticipation (it is a gift), are second to none.
    In OLY08, LCW was LD's obstacle. 4 years later, LCW is still LD main obstacle/competition representing the rest of the world. So where are the rest of the competition unless if you count CL who is from CHN and most probably will be in LCW half, and LCW may not even get to the final.
    OLY in the past has highly charged competition, this coming OLY12 besides LCW and CL, who else to challenge LD, the competition is weaker and Datuk is also 4 years older too?

#7213 OneToughBirdie, Jan 5, 2012
  14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I posted way before that LD respects Thing far more than XXZ, check how LD pay attention to XXZ mumbling advice to him like LD saying, 'who the heck are you to instruct me?' And I totally agree with you that when the Thing is around, LD plays incredible. Maybe that is why because OLY08 was held in CHN and to ensure that LD will win the gold that LYB brought out the Thing. It worked and IMO, LD played the best badminton game in his life. If you look at the body condition of LD in OLY08 and LD recently, LD reverts back to his lean shape, meaning he is getting serious now and to peak at OLY12. LCW would have to get past CL, and even if he did, what mental/physical condition would LCW be in the final. If I bet now, I say LD's gold looks very good. Of course, being an ex-malaysian, I hope I am wrong.

#7214 OneToughBirdie, Jan 5, 2012
  15. viver

viver Regular Member

I can agree with you on this, but I think LD is that far behind. XXZ, CH were fast and powerful, but still unable to beat a 'weaker' Taufik.

That's why I am so interested in Chris-ccc's comments on his training with Tang Xinfu. There must be something that XXZ does not have :confused:

16. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

BS*! :p

Both XXZ and TH are pretty much even. Not to mention that XXZ and CH were able to beat Taufik during the big matches such as AE2000 and WC2006.

17. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    I'm lost, I have no idea what you are talking about. Being known for technical and actually having technical ability are two different things. My definition of technical is the the ability for a player to accurately make tough/deceptive shots. In that past few years I have seen LD makes incredibility deceptive shot from basically everywhere. He probably has the best clear in the game as opponent have no idea what to do, because he gets great length and height and any reply is easily countered. I've seen him basically play with LCW and CL at the net, which is probably were technical ability is most apparent.

Like I said pre Olympics, I would say TH was probably the best technical player, but LD is the player to emulate at the moment. I personally have never seen LCW as a technical player, I've seen him as fast player, who is able to steal time away from his opponent to ultimately cause errors or a bad reply.

#7217 V1lau, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    His netting is still bad. His smashes also going out a lot. Need to swing faster and earlier to keep the shuttle sharper. ;)

He is taking too much risk by aiming at the line. Too 'little' margin of error. ;)

19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    You have never seen lcw as a technical player? Speechless...

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    XXZ's experience will soon be as good as TXF's as time goes by.