*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I'm somewhat pissed off that the post office didn't deliver the racket today. It cleared customs early this morning and they had the whole day to deliver to me, but they didn't. I don't think they do deliveries on the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday to get it. :(

2. Sgt_Strider

Damn! Is there a reason why you didn't consider the Adizero Pro or the Duoforce?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

To receive the package from SE
    Asia in 7 days is already amazing, so 5 days would be unusually exceptional. :)

4. Sgt_Strider

Technically HK isn't considered to be SE Asia. It's usually considered to be part of East Asia or referred to as in the Far East.

As for shipping time, I did paid for express delivery...So the guy mailed the racket on May 7th. It left HK on May 8th. It cleared customs on May 10th. It arrived at the post office and it's in transit on the same day.

5. Porky

Porky Regular Member

My preference was always for a less stiffer racquet like the MX-60, hence when Pro and Duoforce was rated stiff and head-heavy, I thought the specs of Tour would suit me better...but i'm seriously confused now as Duoforce specs seems to be head-light and stiff while the Pro is considered head-heavy and stiff...so technically Pro seems to be best racquet amongst the whole series for players which are more advanced with good techniques then followed by Duoforce or Tour? But base on pricing, Duoforce is most expensive meaning it's the best racquet? But head-light racquets are seldom considered the best?

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Happened to be walking around today and I stumbled across a couple of interesting items. Had my camera with me and ...... IMGL7061.jpg IMGL7064.jpg IMGL7066.jpg

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Seems to me like you're confusing the soft feel of the strings with the racket flex (happened to me as well a couple months back, when I hadn't tested out as many different strings/tensions). I tested the AP Tour quite thoroughly (well, as thorough as you can be in one session) and the racket itself wasn't very flexible. I'm used to playing with the Bs09/12, so maybe I feel a bit different about racket flexibility than you do, but when I played with the 20-23lbs strings I couldn't tell anything about the racket flexibility tbh.

I think you can only make decent comparisons of racket flexibility from a certain tension upwards (as low tensions take away feeling) and with a string/tension that's pretty close to your usual setup.
    Having played with pretty much the whole range that'll be available in Germany this year I could only really test the rackets' speed and handling, while I could only feel a difference in flex when it was a somewhat extreme difference (the difference between the adizero pro and tour was noticeable, for example).

It should be noted that the 3 Tour models all play a lot easier and faster than their Pro counterparts, and that the adiprecision and adizero Tour have Bravesword-like frames which the Pro models don't have.
    The adipower Tour, while not flexible, is a pretty even-balanced racket, somewhere between the Arc11 and Arc7 in both speed (more like the 7) and stiffness (more towards the 11). The adipower Pro, as kwun mentioned, was most similar to a Arc10/11, but for me it felt a bit head heavier (similar to a 2U Arc10, actually).

#1267 j4ckie, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  8. Sgt_Strider

I think you're reading too much into the specs. There's no standard to follow to determine the stiffness of a racket. I wouldn't be able to tell you if the Duoforce is a better racket or not. I'm still waiting for the post office to deliver the racket to me. My package have already cleared customs and odds are very high that I'll get it by Monday. If that happens, my first opportunity to use it will be next Wednesday.

9. Sgt_Strider

I don't get it. What's so interesting about them? I've seen those items in the Adidas catalogue already.

10. Sgt_Strider

I thought he said the Duoforce was the most similar to the Arc10/11.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Oh, not impressed. Fair enough.:D

12. Sgt_Strider

I thought you were going to show something unique or something that's not listed in the catalogue!

Were the shoes available? I still don't see them offered online. While waiting for my Duoforce to arrive, I was hoping you would take a good quality picture to show whether there are issues with the finishing.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

In his AP Pro review, he said the most comparable YY racket was the Arc10. The Duoforce should be a tad lighter, I believe.
    In my opinion, the 3U Arc10 and Arc11 swing a bit faster than the AP Pro though, but the 2U Arc10 I tested a while back felt not too different (from the AP Pro).
    I think the (3U) VT80 should still be heavier, although it's been a while since I played more than a few shots with one.

14. Sgt_Strider

Argh, the wait is killing me. If the post office had delivered my racket today, I would be playing this Sunday to find out for myself how the Duoforce is like. Now it's most likely Monday before I get it and it'll be next Wednesday before I can test it for myself.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Yes. Shoes are available. Hmm didnt think of taking photos of the shoes. They feel fairly robust but the acid test is how well they play and how long they last for. I will have a better look at the shoes next time. Due to previous ankle injuries, I am rather careful about choice of shoes so I am not sure wether I'll go for the shoes.

My issue is that the soles on some models are black. Some gyms are very particular about black soles. Even if you argue they are non-marking, the sportshall attendants won't want to take that risk with black soles shoes.

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Have you even seen the specs beforehand :D? ~283mm bp (+/-3) and ~89gr. (+/-2) That is spec'd something like an NS8000 or NS9000S maybe but with a different frame profile of course ... maybe Ti-10 III as well. On the higher end of that bp range is my preference for this racket [​IMG].

Be sure to measure your bp (and weight) before messing with the grip [​IMG] (it was strung by MBS already right?). Reading back, Kwun's was 287mm and 87gr. ...

#1276 demolidor, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  17. Sgt_Strider

Should I be worried? I just bought a pair of Adidas BT Feather (still waiting for delivery) and I am pretty sure the bottom is black.

18. Sgt_Strider

I'm pretty sure he didn't mentioned the NS8000 or NS9000 rackets were similar to the Duoforce. No, I didn't get them to string my racket. I'm going to get someone to do it for me locally.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm pretty sure they weren't on his mind when he was thinking of similar rackets - after all they're a couple years old ;)

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Where do you play? Anyway, with black soles, it will be up to you to convince people it will be OK. Like I said some gyms may have an attendant who doesn't want to take the risk. It's not going to happen every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.