Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

btw did you remove original grip?

2. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    no, 295 i mesure the racket without string+original grip+plastic wrap.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

sorry, is that with or without orginal grip and plastic wrap? i don't understand what "+" means...

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    290 is my racket wet bp. I put more weight at but cap by making bulge using towel grip.

5. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    upsss.. i make up the sentence "295 i mesured the racket without string with original grip with factory plastic wrap...;)

6. visor

visor Regular Member

the plastic wrap is 2.x grams, so then the true dry bp would be even greater at 297 or so

7. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I thought it's at least possible to compare with all other Victor rackets. That would be irritating if not...

8. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yes u can compare with other series, but if u take exact figure it not correct.

9. yeo_melaka

yeo_melaka Regular Member

so how does mx60 really feels like? mind to write a short review? :)

10. OctoLotuS

OctoLotuS Regular Member

Promote and increase Badminton awareness in Wester
    Hope to get some more feedback on this racket from regular reviewers at BC.

11. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    after 2 hours play with my mr mx60 this is my short review. my playing style is hard hitter where i like smashing. my great pleasure to say thnks to victor bcoz made such excellent midflexracket which i ever had. this racket now become my main racket after i had sw37, b12 and sw35.

Baseline Clear
    During warm up the string felt dull at first stage maybe bcoz new string. after a few stroke the string start to alive and every shuttle flying as a mount power as i gave. With the mid flex shaft and headheaviness, it helping me so much to make baseline clear without required extra force or fast swing to hit the shuttle.

Backhand
    I dont have any problem to make backhand clear with this racket. I can say it improve the distance of the shuttle fly compare to my previous racket.

Drive Shot
    During drive fight with my opponent, the racket reacting so fast where i can change from defend to attacking.

Net play
    the mount of headheaviness of this racket is enough assist me to control the shuttle to bounce above the net. Somehow it depend the player skill. For netkilling, i got confidence to block the shuttle in front of the net even this racket more 'HOLD' effect rather than repulsion as long as i'm not doing error by sending the shuttle to the net.

Drop shot
    i'm not that good in this area bcoz i seldom make this shot, unless i use when to pressure the opponent to lift the shuttle for giving me chance to smash. Anyway this racket did not disappointing me.

Defensive
    This racket is so quick in defend. The octablade frame cut the air assist me so much to flick the shuttle to any direction i pointed. During receiving powerful smash i still can sendthe shuttle to back court.

Racket manuevering
    One word is smoothest. One part of this racket that i like so much. Even i hold at the edge of butt cap, it still can manuever easily.

Racket sweptspot
    With the design of 80 grommet hole, i personally felt that mx60 has a huge sweptspot compare with other victor racket that i had. After having a lof of stroke and smash i'm not worried anymore to tame the shuttle to get into the sweptspot.

Serve
    For low serve i still struggle to catch the serve line, and i made a few short service error. i need to add a liitle more power to overcome my problem.

Smashing
    Since i like badminton because of smashing, this racket made me like to smash more. During back swing, this racket help me to rotate my upper arm properly and so i that can add more speed. As i start to whip the shuttle, although this racket has low kick point, i felt this racket unbend quickly as i need to square the racket face to hit the shuttle. Once the shuttle touch the string bed, the racket react so stable and no vibration occured. With technologies of carbon XT at side frame, it make good enough to hold the shuttle for energy transfer with combo of high repulsion string make the shuttle fly at high speed.

Conclusion.
    Mid flex and 4/5 headheavy rated is the most spec that i'm looking for. After i have all range of victor's mid flex racket this mx 60 is best i had.

12. OctoLotuS

OctoLotuS Regular Member

Promote and increase Badminton awareness in Wester
    Thanks riffsuad for sharing your experience. It's made me feel a bit more confident that I've made the right decision to be one of the first to purchase one of these before trying it. Going from a BS12, it sounds like the MX60 is the next step up I was looking for.

13. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Good review :) nothing but the truth, it actually has a crisp sound where my bs11 or bs12 couldn't provide.. Best victor racket I ever had.

14. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    correct. during free swing i can hear the crisp sound, but during hitting the shuttle nbg98 is very loud...hehe:D

15. visor

visor Regular Member

How can you have a crisp sound from just free swinging without hitting the shuttle?

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i miss understand this term. question, the crisp sound comes from the string or racket frame?

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually both ;) ... but usually it's used to describe the sound at strike with the shuttle. So you also need to hit the shuttle to judge crispness, that's what I was implying. :)

18. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    So what i'm saying before it still correct...

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Not really, you have to actually hit a shuttle hard to hear and feel the "crispness". You cant just free swing it as you stated.

20. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

For the maximum amount of "crispness", go eat KFC. :D

Maybe he's saying merely free-swinging, the air particles in the immediate vincity will cackle and pop at the same, not unlike Thor's flying hammer.