2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Just tried out the 3u and I feel like Thor :D generates lots of power and the sound coming off it just sounds great with bg80 power. I do feel it's heavy compared to the 4u I brought but haven't used that yet. Feels heavier just swinging compared to the 3u z speed. Only played with it for an hour and really happy with it. Will try the 4u when I get time for comparison.

2. Johnny Ripper

Johnny Ripper Regular Member

I play with the 4U bg66 um@ 27lb,
    Is it me or does the racquet not sound powerful? It sounds dull and rather muted.
    Control is good and crisp but it feels the power isn't there

3. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Try with other strings? Perhaps it may gives a better sound. :D

4. Johnny Ripper

Johnny Ripper Regular Member

Haha I might have to, I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same with the racquet.

From reading previous posts, users recommended the bg66 um which is what I have at the moment.
    Anyone recommend a different string?

5. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Well the tungsten does dull it quite a bit, if you hit it smack on the middle it should produce a bang , I use BG 65 black 27 lbs

6. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    Johny and exert : use more wrist to produce the full swing because my doing this, u will see magic happens.. when I first got the racket..I tried to do eveything I could including smashes and other else. The sounds are so dull when I used the only whole arm swing like I did to other flexiee rackets...the thing is..magic happened when I made a simple forehand clear by JUST USING WRIST power to make a full arc swing and guess what? The sound of stringbed frighten me cause it was so loud all of a sudden... jusy FYI .. my 4ug5 zf2 was strung v bg80power at 30lbs 4 knots haribito. These days I been using 3u5g zf2..a lil wrist did all the work...a flick and let the shaft do the rest for u! ;) I love vt80 too.

7. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Yeah I know , it is a beautiful sound is it just me or does anyone else like the sound of BG 65 :0

8. Uncle tan

Uncle tan Regular Member

I like the sound fr bg66um 26/28lbs.

9. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    try on bg85 at 30lbs..my gosh..that sound...

10. SleepyEyedBoyZ

30lbs... >.<""" a level still unattainable. Haha

11. Duhzzz

Duhzzz Regular Member

Agree feels like Thor's hammer! Loving every minute of using this racquet, transiting from AS11. Training my arm to suit this racq instead of the other way round.

12. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student
    Is this racket like many, many times better than the ZF1? How much better is this than the ZF1? I don't feel like getting the ZF1 and then later wanting to upgrade to the ZF2... it would be a waste of money. Also does this racket or the ZF1 sound better, and which one would be easier to get used to?

13. ycw77

ycw77 Regular Member

I'm using same setup with you, except I'm on 66UM. Sounds really pleasant :)

14. SleepyEyedBoyZ

Eh, ycw77. He's using 66um also in case you didn't see it. His "66 um" are separated. Heh

15. ycw77

ycw77 Regular Member

Ohh... My bad, missed it. It should sound nice. Could it be miss hit? Need to whack right in the mid area (sweet spot).

16. binjoau

binjoau Regular Member

Hey guys new to the forum, I'm an intermediate player looking to move to a more advanced head heavy racquet. I've been using the Voltric 70 bg65 26lbs for a while now with good success. Looking forward to trying something a bit stiffer as the VT70 is a medium flex. Ordered a 3UG4, which should arrive tomorrow :)

17. p2user

p2user Regular Member

When I first had my zf1 3u I just couldn't use it and achieve the power I got instantly with the zf2 3u. Only difference is that I played more badminton now so my skill might of got better. But did find the zf1 tiring so switched to the zf1 4u which I felt was much more better and could get the power I needed.

I personally am very happy with the zf2 3u and would recommend it over zf1 3u and 4u. Like I said, I feel like I have Thor's hammer when I strike with bg80 power @ 24 lbs

18. binjoau

binjoau Regular Member

How do you find the durability of the bg80? I'm wondering if a different string is needed with this racquet even though bg65 lasts a long time

19. p2user

p2user Regular Member

I only use bg80 power. Haven't used bg80. Started using expensive yonex rackets only last year and don't play enough to tell you the durability of the string. Since I use bg80 power I just stuck with it so if I get a new racket the strings and constant, to make comparisons easier.

20. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    That's an huge upgrade vtzf 2 is definitely way stiffer and more head heavy! I hope you can handle it :), if not sell it and get a VT 80.