Buying from e78.com.hk

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by hellojeffo, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ricebowl

ricebowl Regular Member

CSR
    okay, thanks for the information

2. ricebowl

ricebowl Regular Member

CSR
    so I've chatted with shekto(store owner) through email. It's been 2 days since I sent my payment and I haven't received a single email from him.tsk

3. valiant11

valiant11 New Member

Hi guys, just wanna ask what kind of package does the racket comes in? just a plastic bag or proper cardboard box? do you guys worry about damage during transit if package isnt that protective?

4. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I have ordered from them. The racket is packed in the box. It was unscathed.

5. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

e78 ships rackets in a cardboard box. A colleague and myself ordered a bunch of rackets from them and each time the rackets are very well packed with enough "body" in the box to protect the rackets.

6. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Just bought a piece of SW37 + MX70 from e78.com.hk. Can't wait to receive my rackets soon! :D

7. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi mate, tot u just sold off ur x80? Kind to share why choosing sw37/mx70 instead of x80?If I talk to u earlier we can group purchase, any possibility can add on a racket on ur shipment? :) hehehe. Mr Chan is a nice guy. Seen him 2 weeks ago.

8. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Hi, yes. Just feel that x80 is too stiff for me. So feel like trying less stiff rackets. At the same time, I also need a all-rounder racket such as Meteor series. So I choose x70 and SW37. :) Why I choose to buy from e78 is simply because stocks haven't arrive in M'sia yet. Will probably get it end of Dec. I can't wait to play with it. So....:D

I just checked with Mr. Chan. My stocks going to send out tomorrow. Still in time for group buy? Next round maybe. :p

9. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Lif 2.jpg

Hi... just sharing the only photo i took at mr chan shop :)

10. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    One more the lif :) , sorry sideway view... not good at pc lololololol

Lif 1.jpg

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have been there too. it is the tiniest of shop in an old commercial building in a factory section of HK. not the best area to be at so go there before it is dark.

the shop is tiny as mentioned but has an incredibly good selection of clothing and racket.

Mr Chan also a honest businessman and runs the shop with his wife. sometime the daughter is there to help out. a typical family run business in HK.

12. konafan

konafan Regular Member

i got two good transaction with him. Mizuno TC 700 and Fleet Woven 2000 . both rackets arrived at doorstep in Singapore from HK within 3 working days.

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @All

Will the price be different from his website listed price, if we buy at his shop in HK?

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. the prices are the same.

15. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Seems like you have been to a lot of the seller shop :) It must be great feeling to see all the difference practice and culture on different countries... Good for you kwun! So envy :) btw I wonder how u look like, so that if I have the honor seeing u, I will shout!! Kwun!!! Wait for me!!! Hahahahaha

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i wish i can go to more! :D

always nice to go browse for badminton stuff but always end up spending more money than i planned to!

i walked into e78 because my student wanted to get a BS10. well, i got the BS10 for him, but i also got myself and my wife warm up jackets, socks, pants, a skort for wife, a shirt and forgot what else. i bought so much stuff Mr Chan gave me discount even when i didn't ask for any!

it is true that stores in HK are run completely differently than in say US. the real estate prices is so high most store owners try to cramp the most amount of stuff in tiny spaces. every inch horizontally and vertically are used. so much so that most store don't have much space to walk around. there were maybe 3 customers in e78 and we had no space to move at all.

i am just a very typical looking guy who is crazy about badminton. :)

17. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    my sister asked her colleagues (locals) about the place and they said it is really far and not the safest area around
    the shop is in industrial area
    Mr Chan also cannot speak English or Chinese (only cantonese?) but his cousin can speak both language.

if you don't know the place, it would be a good idea to contact them with items you want
    and then you can meet Mr Chan or one of his worker in the nearest train station from their shop (not nearest from your hotel, you need to go there, not them)

I really want to go there and buy some stuff from them
    IMO, their price is really competitive

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is true. it is in an old industrial building in an industrial area of HK. for anyone who prefers the big street shopping mall type of experience, it is probably not the type of store you want to visit. the area is filled with lorries/trucks with people loading/unloading goods, the building is old and dirty and poorly maintained.

i really have no idea why they'd want to have their store there other than perhaps proximity to home and/or low rent. e78 is what would be the type of business who are run in the minimal overhead and margin, and thus able to pass the savings to the customer. their selection is one of the best as they have many many brands of rackets and clothing in display.

customer service while only limited to Cantonese, the service itself is not bad. both Mrs. and Mr. Chan are willing to help customer make their selections. i went through pretty much all their clothings, opening their plastic casing and still they were happy to help me find what i am looking for. while i was there their daughter was also helping out in the store. a truely mom and pop store.

i was happy that i managed to find some clothings that i like, which despite being in HK, badminton clothings are hard to find, esp Victor ones. i was also happy that the price is reasonable. i wasn't bothered with the location nor the size of the store itself.

as for picking up good from the MTR station, they do offer that service. however, it would also means that you won't get the chance to browse through their items and maybe finding something else that you might want to have.

having said all these, i wish i had taken some photos. but unfortunately i was kinda in a rush and totally forgotten to.

19. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

well HK in general is pretty safe. It just looks quite dangerous since it is in the middle of an old industrial estate.

If you go there during the day, the most dangerous part is probably crossing the road. SO many crazy van/trunk drivers.

20. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

as for me, I got a number of rackets from Mr. Chan. I usually just call, put a deposit down and then pick up my racket a few days later.