Fastest stringing record in BC

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Sgbad, Dec 9, 2007.

1. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I see. How would Yonex know whether it was a 1-piece or 2-piece string job? Usually when I break a string or a racket I'll remove the string...

2. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    cuz lotta times how ppl crack their rackets is due to collision or smacking the ground or sth~..cuz then if u cut the string the racket will fall apart lol..

3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Yonex USA says you have to have strings intact or else voids warranty. Then they can count the knots.

4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Do you pull 2 crosses at the same time with 1 pull?

5. thejym

thejym Regular Member

That's interesting. My friend has broken his AT700 three times, and at least one time he removed the string before having the shop send it in. He's currently on his 4th one :rolleyes:

6. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    i pull EVERY single string~..

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    No offense, but I am afraid the turbo speed may cause racket / string damage, especially if you pull the string with a fast speed. The friction in between the strings (e.g. cross) and gromments may be a bit too much over a period of time.

Personally, I prefer to take a bit more time to make sure the final work is acceptable rather than going for the quantity.

8. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    how would u know i put a lotta friction on the strings?..u haven't even seen me do ne thing lol..if it's a smooth string u can get by fast..if i am doing it purely based on quantity then i would've been fired from my job ages ago..=p

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, I never see you string a racket personally, but there's a thing call "calculation". With a totaly of 14 minutes, it's not a lot of time, consider you usually have 41-44 pieces to work on. In addition, you said you do not pre-weave, which gives you even less time per piece, especially if you need to work on the shared gromments. Therefore, the only "time saving" factor I can think, is the turbo pulling when tension string, as well as possible using awl in a brutal way.

I did not say it's really your choice (or your boss) of turbo up the speed. I am just staying the fact that over concerning the quantity is un-avoidably will cost the job quality.

10. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    lolz well..take into consideration..this thread does say FASTEST...my average speed is 18-20 mins..heh~..but if u say fastest i have ever goen from mounting to done 14 mins is the FASTEST i have ever gone~..=)

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we need a video. :)

12. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    lolz that would be really awkward to put a cam to where I string @ work..there are plenty of people in vancouver that can back up stuff I say~.. (not bein cocky or ne thing) =)

13. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I SAY: if the guy says he strung one racket at 14mn so be it. Why shall we discuss this in length if possible or not or damage to racket/string or not. Let's just accept his claim at face value. I lift my glass to him.

14. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    I just want to know how fast es5pro pulls one string... The electronic one i worked with before takes about 5 seconds before it beeps to say tensioning completed. doing this for 44 strings is about 4 minutes... so u have about 10 minutes to weave and what not... i believe him :) i bet you if he does a single pull on crank, he can get his time down to about 10 minutes :D. I double pull all my strings on crank and i'm slow at weaving and it takes me about 30 minutes. (i used the electronic and was faster because I don't double pull and it was a 2 point (head and throat) so easier to thread ths sides and that was about 20 minutes). if you practice your weaving and you get really good... that said... also good to string 25lbs+. under 23lbs was hard to weave for me.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you also must realize that the pulling and weaving can be done at the same time. that's the beauty of a electronic. you press the button, and while the machine is starting the pull, you can immediate go off and work on another task.

16. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    the ES5Pro tensioning speed can be set and bak~...the only reason why I can pull such a short time is..if u do AT LEAST 20 rackets a day for the past 3.5 yrs..im SURE ne one can reach that type of speed...

the racket i just took off the shelf was a at900p n used nbg95..strung it @ 24/26..that's the one of few times i turbo-ed just for fun to see how fast i could do it~..=)

17. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    kwun... what u said is true... but that makes weaving harder :p unless u preweave 4 lines on crosses or was it 3... i did it for 1 year, my hands hurt :D 20 a day is too much... i'd do only about 10 max a day (my shift is at least 4 hrs and at most like 6 hours only... i ended up getting around 20 minutes per) :p there were other machines and other stringers :D not just me... that said... off to string on my crank @ 27lbs :)

18. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    lolz me = 9 hrs a day..7 days a week:D

19. eeyore12345

eeyore12345 Regular Member

Not taking away your credits or anything, but right now, i say it's all BS until claim backed by a video. Perhaps, it'll be more worthwhile to see what it's like to string a racket under 15 minutes... the rest of the claims are just fictions.:cool:

20. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    whow! this comes on the board again after a year..... hats off.