New Kason Gear for Fu Haifeng / Cai Yun

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Sep 16, 2010.

1. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    What I don't get is why get two rackets (supposedly the same) and make one a training racket, and then give it different aerodynamics and weight? They're almost completely different rackets now.

Have you played with it yet?

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well the whole idea is to make the training racket a little heavier and slower so that you have a bigger resistance. Increases the speed when you use your actual racket if done right, and the power of your shots as well.
    So, my guess would be that they went for a higher weight for the training and a boxier frame for the added stability - after all, if you want a slow/heavy racket anyway, why not make it really stable so it doesn't break....ever...? You can just use more carbon in the head, and it'll have both effects.

Keep in mind that I have no idea about these specific models, and my statement refers to training rackets in general. :)

3. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

i just got my Kason F9 a month ago and I love it. But since their racket, bag, shirt... has been out since 2010... I suspect something new will come out this year... Racket maybe? I hope I'm wrong.

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Maybe C7 and F9 are model ranges, like 'Arcsaber' or 'TSF' or 'Meteor'?

5. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    No, the model range for both of these rackets are the same "Twister"
    So the full name is Kason Twister C7 and Kason Twister F9

6. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Ni I haven't play with those rackets.
    I just compare them at the store.

7. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

F9 is very good racket...

8. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

This Kason equipment is really hard to find here in the States, have to ship it from Asia. Badminton Nation, the new distributor for Li-Ning badminton stuff in the US, has distribution rights for Kason. I've already spoken to them about possibly getting some Twister and TSF series pieces shipped with the next order in a few months. If more of you here in the US want this stuff, talk to them and demonstrate a greater interest in getting some over here. It would make them more likely to oblige!

9. BlueTornado

Received an F9 today. (Thanks @rchiang!) Veryyyy excited to play with this one on court because the feel was incredibly nice when I hit some shuttles around at home. The combination of the great feeling ZM62N and of Kason rackets in general, not to mention kwun's excellent stringing ;), make this one seem like one that I will enjoy very much. The paintwork is great to boot, with red, black, white, and gold. The racket cover is very high quality like some have mentioned earlier, but it's heavy so you won't want to be bringing that thing around when you go out playing.

Specs are nice too. BP feels around 292-3, just a touch of weight in the head. With just a static flex test it's pretty flexy, but I don't mind. The idea that the best player is the one with the stiffest racket shaft and highest tension string is a myth, and more people need to realize that. I'm probably preaching to the choir right now, but I still think that that misconception should be removed from people's heads :)

10. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

price will be the main issue.
    i was able to get a hold of the C7 for 170 USD from sohubuy (had to deal via email)
    it doesnt seem very likely that the twister series will be less than that... getting it from a US distributor is less of a hassle though

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    wow. that's fast.

the bag is like a Coach handbag.

i hit around with it for a few shots. the feeling is good. similar but not the same as my TSF500. i guess they both have the "Kason feel'.

enjoy it!

12. BlueTornado

Yeah, in this market t'll probably go for at least $209. It's just that I have some other circumstances that would ideally make it worthwhile to it get it from the US instead of e78. But I don't think the distributor has any plans to bring in Kason yet, other priorities first.

13. BlueTornado

Thanks! Yeah, we worked it out pretty quickly.

Hm. How exactly does the feeling differ?

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think the TSF500 is slightly lighter and swings a bit faster.

the F9 is more weighty and feels more substantial on the hand.

at least that's the feeling i got for the few minutes that i got to hit with the F9. i have been know to be wrong with first feelings.

15. BlueTornado

There are just too many rackets to try out there T_______T

16. BlueTornado

Went to play for about 4 hours on Friday and another 2 or 3 on Saturday. I used the F9 for most of the time cause it just felt...right. The mid-flex shaft made it much more forgiving than other rackets I have of similar balance (8DX, Pro 9k, ..) and it went together nicely with ZM62 @ 22.5lbs. It swings pretty fast though not as much as a Bravesword or Meteor. I feel that it's a nice all rounder that would suit a lot of people, and the same goes for ZM62 @ 22.5lbs - low tension for durability and ease on the arm while maintaining great repulsion and control. A drawback is that it doesn't have the nice crispness at this tension, which is a feeling that a lot of people like.

17. flamming

flamming Regular Member

Just to share my experience for an F9 review.
    I have owns a rackets such as Ti-10 , NS9900 and F9.

The F9 is totally uncontrollable racket n slow racket for me...just me. i feel de delay is due to the shaft bending that happen alwas when i perform a hit. What i would like to say is this racket is for defensive double player.

Its totally different with HL racket like TI-10 and NS9900.

I am quite disapointed with it as i play both single and double. Any1 can komen y i have such a feeling ? My string tension is 24lb and 16lb.

18. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Dude, you can't compare two stiff rackets to a mid-flex one. I don't really know what you were expecting, but the F9 is an Even Balanced + / Mid Flex all-rounder so that's pretty much exactly how it's going to play!

If you like headlight rackets and you play a speed game, then there's not really any Kason that I know of that's going to fit that bill. You'd be better off looking at the Victor MX80 (4U), or BS12, 4U BS10 (maybe) or BSLYD.

19. paulierand

i play with two rackets, a panda power ultra 2. which is stiff and head heavy. and the kason F9.

usually i start my nights with the ultra and switch to the kason at the end.

The kason packs more power, with a lighter weight. i get stronger smashes and the same accuracy with my ultra, with my F9. But the only thing is that i only use it with a partner i trust that's not going to clash with me.

Anyways, to sum it up, i am a super aggressive player and the F9 is my favorite racket.

20. paulierand

i strung my F9 with 27lb, bg65.
    its so strong... even the off balanced smashes would turn into winners... whereas with my other racket they may not necessarily win that point.