2009 East Asian Games Hong Kong

Discussion in 'East Asian Games / South East Asian Games (SEA Gam' started by vorxaw, Nov 5, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    let see if she can be in outside china tournament in 2010;)

hehe
    u can sense this too:D
    and there is more to come
    hehe
    i believe hsu jen jao is better than hhy in future:)

do u remember?lindan comment to a press and say:if i can beat hu yun,i can win the gold;)

cooler,can u explain on this?
    hehe
    an excuse or a reason this call?:)

let i quote from jasonmarc(switching from md to ms)
    china fans cant demand anything more from lindan as he already won a og gold,3 times wc,5++ ae,few sudirman cup,few thomas cup
    its ok for him to lost
    is not ok for lcw to lost;)
    thats the mindset
    but funny,hehe,arent the one who less acheivement is ok to lost and those have more is not ok?
    aiya,who cares,if someone think he is not double standard by just (write he is not double standard and)post in bc that he is not,let it be man,who cares
    we have brain to think;)

oh,3 of lindan tournament is in china and one is in hk
    ya,the map of china is bigger,kinda tired for lindan to travel so farrrrrrrrrrrrr
    compare to lcw;)

hell yeah! lyb,u heard?must have select less tournament next year for lindan,he is kinda tired
    i am pity that he need to play soooooooooooo many tournament compare to lcw:(

2. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    Just an accident, the next time LD meet this korean he will get his revenge. No one beats LD when he's focused. no offense to the korean.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well,if he said:the opponent played better than him,we will shut up
    but,the excuse is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    erm,how to say?
    he think we are 3 years old children?
    even 3 years old children know which one is more between 15 and 10;)

haiya
    can i say:is time to say sorry to limao,this gold medal for him:D:p

thumb up

haha
    maybe he say:aiya,lindan throw all he have to bet he lost in ea ms final:D

4. badssp07

badssp07 Regular Member

Officer
    I watched Lin Dan live at this East Asian Games MS final match and in my opinion, his lost was due to:
    (1) LD's form is at the lowest level for the whole of 2009 (visibly slower than usual, smash is not powerful as usual, defense not as good as usual).
    (2) the Korean guy Choi Ho Jin is in good form with good sudden smashes.

Limsy: Hi, becos of you postings, I did a quick check on the no of matches played from Aug - Dec for both LD & LCW:

LCW : 6 tournaments with 27 matches played:
    world champ (4) , Macau GP (6) , China Masters (4), Japan (2) , Hong Kong (5) , China Open (1) , SS Finals (5)

LCW's performance: QF--F--SF--R16--F--R32--F

LD: 6 tournaments with 34 matches played:
    world champ (6) , China Masters (5) , China National Games (Team & Individual: 8 ) , French (5) , China Open (5) , East Asian Games (5)

LD's performance: F--F--F--F--F--F

So Lin Dan actually played more matches than LCW in the last 4 months of 2009. Cheers!

5. chirigamii

chirigamii Regular Member

You are so right, everybody can play and lose even versus a lower player in theory. On one match, all is possible, that is SPORT! And for this "someone" as it said Chen Long and Jorgensen are not bad players at all even if they are not in the top 10. Jorgensen beat Gade and Chen Jin if I am not wrong?

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i am so appreciated that u actually posted this:D
    lcw had injured and out of competition for 2 months,lcw played 7 if u count carefully
    u mean,the 1st half of the year doesnt effect the 2nd half of the year?:eek::confused:
    so the 1st half is excluded?this is a new thing i learned:)
    and travelling is a big problem in china?
    4 out of 6 tournament is within china border,lindan take train kah?:eek:
    oh oh,u didnt count lindan team event matches in ea games too:)
    please update the fact ya:)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, i'm not worried, in fact, i posted that article on LD lost.
    Sunny days for the boleh fans and TH supporters indeed, it is LD and lyb contribution to the title poor countries LOL

1. limsy, in term of tireness to match played, why go back to 1st half of 2009? according to u, 2005-2008 match play affect 2nd half of 2009 too, right? lol

2. badssp07, u forgot the numerous LD appearances, exhibition matches and travelings in HK and within china, many of those aren't published. Since lcw and TH aren't famous, their fans don't appreciate or know about these things. Of course LD didn't specifically mention these celebrity functions because he doesn't want to embarass the lcw and TH fans. lol

3. regard to Choi Ho Jin, he likely end up as a footnote in the bwf ranking. Sure he is a lower ranked player but not seen by ld or coaching staff before. Absolutely no preparation for him. Yes, still LD had lost, count this as one time event. HOw many times lcw lost to much lower ranking players which his coach know about? , too many times LOL. As for TH, he lost to JP, a player he provided coaching advice to before as well LOL. TH also lost to much lower players several other occasions as well. Let LD lose couple more times to lower players like Choi Ho Jin before u start dancing in the street and handing out bon bon lol.

4. look at the whole eastern asian games, china don't give a hoot whether LD won or not. My guess is china attended this game because it was held in HK. It look bad if china doesn't send something decent there. Why send a high profile/ranking player like LD there? it's because LD going there as a celebrity and appearances purpose, much much more so than going there to play to win. We don't know what other functions ld has to attend beside playing badminton there.

let me give u a real example

liu jun who won the AE MS title in 1992 by beating legendary ZJH by a score:
    Men's singles Liu Jun beat Zhao Jianhua 15–13, 15–13

Then about a month later, Liu Jun came to canada to play the 1992 canadian open. A tall good looking dude, and everyone thinks it's a cake walk for him. No, Liu Jun lost to Jae Chang Ahn of Korea, practically an unknown player at that time. Here is the inside scoop. While in calgary, some people here took liu jun to site seeing almost everyday, wine and dine him every nite. On the nite before the final, he was up at ~3am with guests, and oogling on the photography equips from this one photographer host. Now i wonder why he lost the next late morning match??? lol

If u deniers like to count this lost as official, sure, go ahead. LD lost a match to Choi Ho Jin, still way behind lcw and TH's embarassment losing to much lower players many times, in more serious badminton tournaments.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it is not unusual for chinse players losing to young rookie koreans, it seem to be the norm. LD early days were tough against LHI and PSH but LD has overcame that.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

limsy, it's not the distance but the number of times in and out of airports, bus and train stations lah. On long trips, u can even doze off. In HK and china, LD can't doze off. He has constant distraction from media and fans. In term of playing to win, it would be better for him to play somewhere far away lah. LD isn't like lcw and TH who needed constant cheering to win:)

limsy, u have to be famous to know this;):p
    maybe one day, when u r famous, u'll know:p hehehehe

#309 cooler, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    summary
    acording to cooler

1st,oh,i see,this concept is new,now we count badminton as 2 season in one year?:confused:new thing to learn

2nd,oh,too many function and event,all lindan supporter,dont hope to see lindan elsewhere than tournament badminton court,or else,u are one of the hand that contribute to lindan defeat

3rd,cooler is talking like aunty pjswift about the video record and pre match prepare who he used to tease and shoot

4th,lindan just to show face in hk ea games(arent there a article about lindan comment on match against hu yun will determine his chance to win the gold:confused:)

next time,x ball and indra can say
    we go mamak stall before the match with lcw/taufik and have some snooker too,thats why they lost:p

#310 limsy, Dec 13, 2009
  11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh i see
    poor that lindan didnt have driver for car and bus
    no pilot for flight
    he need to sit in driver seat to drive himself
    same to the flight
    lyb should have hired a driver or pilot for lindan to prevent he get to tired because of driving;)
    well,just joking:p

cooler,why dont u ask lindan to play in malaysia open,singapore open,korea open and indonesia open next year?playing 4 tournament in 3 months within own country border sure get distract by media and fans
    i though lyb had the most clever brain in the world,he dont know this?
    cooler,u should takeover lyb place!;)

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

dont be silly, i would had done the same of lyb. Committment to country (playing nationals) and sponsors come first, not going after the winner's cheque like lcw. Unlike lcw who poopooed SEA game becoz of injury my bum lol, the SEA prize is too PUNY small for the money man lcw now. Did mr TH go to SEA?

If u keep thinking LD going to HK to play the east asian game for money or ranking point, u r 180 degree wrong. U see, LD go to HK to make up for his absent of the HKO, even if he was unprepared for the event.

before u question lyb's brain power, u should compare all other coaches's sucesss record first. Why did u miss the ocean and go yapping on little rain drops?:p

why not MO, IO, SO or KO? well if u don't get it i can't tell u as admin will for sure slap me silly:p

#312 cooler, Dec 13, 2009
  13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

1. so, tireness is a function of calendar time period, not number of matches. :rolleyes:

2. for real LD fans, his record speak for itself. Being with the fans is more important than winning a non-significant tourney. Even if LD do not win 1 title in 2010, he still holds more titles than lcw / TH

3. i dont understand u here

4. well, LD lied to screw the boleh bookies and gamblers. The power he wields:p:p

5. Well, none of xball, indra, taufik-list, TH nor LCW have gave those excuses before. They shoulda use it, right? or the sins were worser to be revealed than losing a title? LOLOLOL There is one big difference here. LD did it for national committments and sponsorship obligation. TH's snookering, boozing and whoppees are for self indulgences. If lcw didnt go to mamak stalls, he wouldn't gotten food poisoning, right?

#313 cooler, Dec 13, 2009
  14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

pics of chj and ld

Attached Files:

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I see the match as Lin Dan doesnt give his all for this match , if he plays like against Lee chong wei, he would have won the game!

16. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I do wonder why there is East Asian Games? The participants are only 8 countries. Each countries also did not sent their best players except for the host nation. (Example like badminton events here)

And let face it even if China lost all 7 golds here in badminton, they still will win East Asian Games. They leave Japan to dust in second place with over 100 gold medals total while Japan only had over 60 gold medals.

Next year Asian Games will be the real deal where all Asian countries will sent their best athletes to win golds.

But this event is good for young athletes like The China WS, MS and Korea MS. They can show what they got to their coach and who knows they got a chance to be in next year Thomas and Uber Cup rotation and got send to play more international events.

#316 hcpoirot, Dec 13, 2009
  17. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

East Asian Games exists for years, but this is first badminton year
    event. LYB did have plan to send full squad to show his support
    whether it is against his will or not. The higher authority only
    cares about total medal counts and certainly careless about
    other BWF events.

With EA Games failure in mind, I am sure LYB will definitely send
    full squad for next year's Asian Games....

18. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Thanks for arguing in favour of LD, not it isn't an important tournament, LD showed up for respecting Hong Kong only, he can live with it;),if i were him:D. Nah this Korean player ranked 700 in the world, LD can beat him anytime, hehe........Right Cooler:p

19. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

An angry LD fan wants revenge:DRighfully so;)

20. Heong

Heong Regular Member

i always thought LD had doubts when playing Korean players.

We cannot just say "he didn't try his best" or "he's tired". Those are just excuses. He lost because the player was better than him on that day. Simple as that. If Lin Dan was truely a good player, then he would have won with no sweat, but i can tell he had to work hard to win his points and that's because Choi was piling the pressure on him.

No one would choose to lose if he/she could help it, nor is there a good enough reason to do so. Lin Dan only chooses to lose when he has given all hopes of winning when he's struggling on court. The ain't good, and makes people think big of him like when he wants to win, he wins, when wants to lose, he loses. It's not like that. When u go on court, u do the best u can. When i saw LD play on that court, i knew he was doing his best and trying hard to win, but just cannot because his opponent was better prepared.

Credits to Choi! Not many players can get a set off Lin Dan now, let alone win the match. Hope to see Choi in more future tournaments.

It's not unusual for a country to hold a secret weapon until the time is right to use it.

#320 Heong, Dec 13, 2009