2013 Indian Badminton League (August 14 - 31)

Discussion in '2013 Tournaments' started by chris-ccc, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I was told the player's contract for IBL was for two years. Can anybody confirm that?

If so, does that mean the auction price would also be the same next year or can it still change?:confused:

2. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Crybaby Award

$100K price range that clubs willing to pay for marquee players like LCW and Saina are for 2 components 1) high probability of winning performance on court 2) their marketing value and prestige (for LCW the international audience and for Saina the Indian audience) they bring to the league/club. TV rights, sponsorships fees/ads paid to the league will be much lesser if these 2 are not playing.
    For Juliane Schenk, on both counts, she cannot justify the almost $100K fee so she will be sold next year but not for such a high fee.
    Markis is definitely underpaid getting only one third the pay of whining Boe. Boe deserves the
    Chamelon +Crybaby award for slamming IBL after he was not sold and then joining in after AW bought him. The almost 100 players who were not sold did not whine publicly so why is he ? :)

3. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Do you have any links to Boe's whining article etc? This is the first time I am hearing about this. Tx

Forget about it. Just googled and found all the links ...

#943 rogerv2, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  4. terranova

terranova Regular Member

According to this, contract is 5 yrs to the league and 2 yrs to the club.
    http://www.andhranews.net/Features/Badminton/Indian-Badminton-League.asp
    If it is 2 years with club , then my guess is those players should get same pay next year since they will on be on auction block. Unless maybe by mutual agreement both sides decide to terminate and the player us put up for auction next year :)

5. terranova

terranova Regular Member

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep. The contract is for 2 years. This year's buy will go for next year as well.

I read somewhere that the teams are still not sure whether the replacement players would be part of the squad for the next year as well or the original player will have to return in 2014 as the original contract with players is for two years.

So many answers are needed and within one or two weeks, they will come up with some solutions to this. I think officially they will give the same price for the player. Unofficially, the franchisee might pay them according to their wins ;). Vladimir may get more from franchisee as his franchisee co-owner actor Nagarjuna told in an interview that vladimir is very good and he is 'deity of smashes'.

7. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

So are the clubs allowed to bid, change, trade or recruit new players next year?
    Some teams need a revamp of the players.

8. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Hi Benny (or anyone),
    Do put the link here when the Live Streaming starts later.
    Mine still "not working".
    Thanks

9. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Why feel the pin pricked you even when I did not mention you? Who the hell mentioned you? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, big brother? Since you care to mention that people have preference, did it occur to you that your allegation that everyone (whole stadium) was bored, there might be 1% (maybe more) who don't think so? On another point, you obviously felt being pricked the hardest because maybe you feel you are the big bro, which I have no intention and no interest in being whatsoever. Think about that and put your pillow a bit higher before you sleep tonight about your unusual vein-popping outburst, drink a cup of relaxing chamomile tea, perhaps together with 2 tablets of high blood pressure meds.

Sport in itself, other than being a source of entertainment, is also a source of understanding what is being played out. The player has to think of himself, of ways to conquer a win, and not just for the sole entertainment of the spectator. Call a spade a spade, just because you feel bored, it doesn't mean you are entitled to 100% entertainment value, meaning a fake show for parading. I also happen to see a few veterans of yesteryears, who although are no more as fit as before, therefore could not attack in smashing anymore, nevertheless have many other ways of attacking and smart play and I understand their limitation and I admire their tactical play for being able to change. Now I won't use the word 'narrow-minded' again for you might have a burst capillary somewhere in your brain again, because I think in the above scenario you will be yawning away like rashid, feel free to do so, but you get my gist for saying so. No need to say 'rest my case' also.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Lol. Cool guys.. :)

11. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Sure no problem. No point replying to someone in denial mode. Lets move on to the finals discussion.

12. alans

alans Regular Member

Well, my prediction 3-2 for AW

13. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yeah most likely but I am hoping for a 3 -1 with Sindhu winning her match.

14. alans

alans Regular Member

I hope so, but I want pia play tonite :D . XD dic always show tight game. Interesting

15. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

The match starts around 10:30pm MY time, hoping for it to finish early because I got to play at 9am tomorrow morning :)

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu should fight for every point . I am really looking forward to the match..

17. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

I think if HH want to wins they must win all single match if not they lost .

18. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

zindia.PNG

Here the line up chaps.

19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Here is the chance for Srikanth and Sindhu to really make a bigger name for themselves. All matches look like they could be tight, should be a good one.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Srikanth plays well but he has to control his nerves during the last stages of the game..