Lee Chong Wei is now No. 1

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by hoiboy79, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    HH is malaysian idol. Everybody in the country loves him:D:D

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    can he beat anwar or siti nurhaliza in national voting???:p

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Maybe. He is policeman.

Imagine how many backup he got. :D:D

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

[CHN is arranging the match result. And they always practise it. Would you deny on this open secret?]
    - Then get the proof and report to the police... :)

[I feel sick because not of the defeat of LCW's in the final against the ''champion'' LD, it's bcos of the Match Fixing Arrangement by CHN. (I bet u didnt watch that game - LD VS. CJ in the semis)]
    - You feel sick because China won everything and you feel sour about LCW's loss. How much have you bet? I did watch the game! Imagine if it is LCW vs WCH in the semi, which do you think Rexy would expect to win and go on to face LD in the final? Then when WCH lost to LCW, could I say it's match fixing? And how do you know CJ could surely beat LD in that match?

[Be a professional player, play professionally.]
    - How do you interpret "professional"? Swimmers & Runners would save energy in prelim, and only put their 100% in the final; Some national football teams may get a draw instead of a sure win in the prelim for a better chance in the elimination round of WC final... would you call the players not playing professionally? Like it or not, this is call "playing professionally smart", as long as they are not against any law nor anyone's will. Moreover, if CJ choose to put his patriotism on top of his winning desire, that's his personal choice. He was extremely happy with the Bronze medal if you have watched the prize-giving ceremony.

[As LCW's fan, i am very proud of his success in Olympic. (except the Datuk-ship) He play like a man. He fight like a man, a true professional badminton player.]
    - agree that LCW fight like a man and did not complain for the loss. But I'm disappointed that his fans disgrace him by not facing his loss like a man, but finding excuses that disgracing his fellow badminton sportsmans.

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

[CHN is arranging the match result. And they always practise it. Would you deny on this open secret?]
    - Then get the proof and report to the police... :)

[I feel sick because not of the defeat of LCW's in the final against the ''champion'' LD, it's bcos of the Match Fixing Arrangement by CHN. (I bet u didnt watch that game - LD VS. CJ in the semis)]
    - You feel sick because China won everything and you feel sour about LCW's loss. How much have you bet? I did watch the game! Imagine if it is LCW vs WCH in the semi, which do you think Rexy would expect to win and go on to face LD in the final? Then when WCH lost to LCW, could I say it's match fixing? And how do you know CJ could surely beat LD in that match?

[Be a professional player, play professionally.]
    - How do you interpret "professional"? Swimmers & Runners would save energy in prelim, and only put their 100% in the final; Some national football teams may get a draw instead of a sure win in the prelim for a better chance in the elimination round of WC final... would you call the players not playing professionally? Like it or not, this is call "playing professionally smart", as long as they are not against any law nor anyone's will. Moreover, if CJ choose to put his patriotism on top of his winning desire, that's his personal choice. He was extremely happy with the Bronze medal if you have watched the prize-giving ceremony.

[As LCW's fan, i am very proud of his success in Olympic. (except the Datuk-ship) He play like a man. He fight like a man, a true professional badminton player.]
    - agree that LCW fight like a man and did not complain for the loss. But I'm disappointed that his fans disgrace him by not facing his loss like a man, but finding excuses that disgracing his fellow badminton sportsmans.

#66 Jonc108, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    1. Whether WCH or LCW win in the semi (as your assumption above), it's none of the business of Rexy, bcos he incharged of MD's and not Singles.

2. Swimmer and football is individual event. U cant see France National Football Team A and Team B participating in the WC. In the matter of ''PLAYING PROFESSIONALLY SMART'', this is to depend on how people judge and also the authority on how they handle the things. You can win a match with respect from the audience or you can win the match with dirty tricks (or similiar to you ''playing professionally smart'' theory). U see the thing's clear, but i see as dirty. It's personal view of point.

3. I am not finding excuses on the lost of LCW's against LD in the final. What i am sick of is the MATCH FIXING ARRANGEMENT in the semis.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW has always been very honest and truthful in what he has said

:D:D:D Don't be so disturbed Jonc 108 ... You have to understand that most fans are always favoring their idol over other players.

I thought I read somewhere quoting that LCW did say that, after losing his Badminton Gold Medal Match at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, that LD was just too fast and just too good for him in that match.

LCW did not try to find any excuses for losing, but to credit LD for playing so well.

I would say that LCW has always been very honest and truthful in what he has said.

:):):)

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, lcw did stated that after losing his Badminton Gold Medal Match at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, that LD was just too fast and just too good for him in that match.
    and he did not find any excuses with his lost..
    and he also stated that lost is a lost.

10. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Wow, spot on ! The observation is something i missed. A Lin Dan who had fought equally hard at the semis may not have performed the way he performed at the finals ..

11. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

If you watched the matches. LD spent more energy defeat CJ than LCW. How can you still say it is CJ that throw the match, and not LCW?

12. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

How do you determine that someone throw a match? By time spend on the court? by points scored? Or just because they are from the same country?

If by time or scores? They are many players lose to LD faster and score lower, including LCW.

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Maybe there should be a new thread open on this and discuss. Since this is a forum for anyone to suggest for the better of badminton in world sports. So far I don't think it is a fully professional sports as yet. Players pay check still comes from the government body and dictated by them (mostly in Asia).

Eg. raise some cases of semis match fixing; why? When? who? This can be in any sports and how they eliminate such issues. I believe, this issue is more heated during semis. In finals or qtr who cares correct?

This issue is going to be happening again no matter what. It is good to let some BWF people or the president himself to clarify the issue (if there is one) or get it fixed (professionally as a concerned world governing body).

Lets have a discussion and hope to bring it to the BWF members. No need to kill each other in this forum or get too stressed about it. Cool?;)

The more the forumers/fans talk about it, BWF will need to act eventually (hopefully proactive instead of reactive). Their credibility will be at stake if nothing is done and let this keep on happening. Let TRUE professional spirit and democracy rules (I hope).;)

#73 extremenanopowe, Sep 4, 2008
  14. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    the amount of endorsement and advertising now available to Lin Dan is so much that lee's rewards seem pathetic compared to what Lin Dan is getting. it doesn't have to be straight money.

15. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

There is no end to comparisons. Almost everything is relative. The Chinese gold medallists received USD51K each. The Macau govt. chipped in with HKD10.6m for all the gold medallists. Endorsement & advertising fees will add to their wallets.

So what is 'Datukship' to these Chinese. I was told that if you throw a stone in Malaysia these days at crowd along a street, that stone will probably hit a 'Datuk'. Haa...ha.. Dato Asbullah ..do watch out.

Didn't ppl say that LD threw the AE 08 final match away to CJ ? He was 'supposed' to win. Now at the Olympics ppl say CJ threw the semi-final match away. Now who is supposed to win?????

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    one should compare apple with apple, ie. gov't rewards between lcw and LD.

LD got some money, yes, but lcw got more money plus a datuk title.
    what LD got from outside of badminton is different. LD is already a well sponsored since he lost at 04 athen, well before him winning the gold medal.

Also, if u look at all other chinese gold medalists, they all got standard amount of money from the gov't, majority have no commercial deals like LD.

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I guessed U;ve missed out GuoJingJing / Huo Liang etc...;)

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ok, LD, guojingjing, huo liang, anymore?

china has 51 gold and 21 silver medalists.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

By how they play the match compared to their 'normal' play.Apparently, there was a 92-stroke rally for the second point? Apparently, BBC (and other non-CHN) commentators felt it looked unreal?
    I could not believe that CHN would display its cowardice for the whole wide Olympics world to see, just to increase the advantage of securing the gold and bronze.
    How do you infer that LD spent more energy to defeat CJ than LCW? By total match time?
    There are basically two types of energy used in a match;
    1) physical.Does 60 mins of strolling use up more energy than 40 mins of intense changes of speed?
    2) mental.If your match outcome has been decided,then no mental energy needed to be used up.So both CJ and LD have surplus mental energy going into their medal matches compared to LCW and LHI. In other words, CJ and LD have a 2-match mental energy reserve vs their opponents' one-match supply.Looking at how LD thrashed LCW, LYB should have the confidence of letting both CHN MS play a real match.LD would most probably still win the gold because his match preparations were way better than LCW.But then CJ may not have won the bronze,,,,,,So CHn traded in their credibility for an extra bronze which probably made no difference to CHN's total match tally.
    Quite a high price for CHn to pay;to have instilled in unaware minds that CHN probably won their MS medals with some deceit.But that helps keep LYB in his job which to him is probably more important than CHN's image.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

china image to the world is 51 gold, and for SG, zero gold.
    So ur saying SG absence of gold because your athleties competed honorablely? LOL
    u should stop spewing sourgrape before your image is tarnished further.

Rallies between LD and CJ were long and look fixed because they both know each other footwork and strokes, and both have good stamina, and both have good mental strength. On the LD vs LCW OG final match, LD and lyb did their homework while misbun and lcw obviously have no backup plan. Lcw frozed like a deer fixiated oncoming headlights, both misbun and lcw got ran over by lin dan.(misbun looked dazed as well) It is the great mental strength that u have astuted on LCW, LOL.
    Please.. stop giving us game analysis, u r embarassing other singaporians which i know they have better judgement

#80 cooler, Sep 4, 2008