SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by staples, Feb 3, 2008.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:) Decent game that (but I'm sure I'll read somewhere it was the greatest superbowl ever soon enough :D). Was feeling the Giants myself before the start and a quick look at the rosters changed nothing about that (truly a bunch of no-names on both rosters really).
    Had started typing when I made the above post I was hoping the Giants take it with a close to perfect performance (and envisioned two picks to go with that :D) and if they didn't win it'd still be "Tom Brady: 4 rings :cool:" in an era I am actively aware of. But didn't post it as it would make me biased and in favour of the Giants from the get-go ... in vain as I was still feeling the Giants as soon as they came out :eek:. Would have been at peace with it though if the final drive resulted in a TD since it would've simple been an awesome finish and sort of reminder of their first SB victory.

Oh yeah: took a little nap at halftime and missed the next two scores [​IMG]

#261 demolidor, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You napped at half time, how could you miss Diva Madonna:DWhat a show piece and who the heck can thunk of that show mimicking the Egyptian Pharoah...At 53 she sure look unbelieveable...I came to Canada about the same time Madonna broke in, next came those Playboy spread, and then 'like a virgin', and then whatever....she is the greatest gift God gave to mankind in music and a bit more:p, err...maybe I may have to rethunk about that a bit:p.;)

4. King's

King's Regular Member

Seriously dude, as superb as it was, and btw only Madonna can pull it off, I think it's Lady Gaga's time. So move over Virginal Vogue Vixen.:D Gaga time for the next decade.;) Even Mayor Bloomberg loved that New Year's kiss!:cool:

Superbowl, Lucas Oil Stadium is the House of brother Peyton, probably it was sort of home court advantage for li'l (not so little anymore with 2 SBs) brother Eli.

If only it was played in Gillette Stadium...:(

Was it Coach Belichick or Gisele that cost it for the Patriot's?:)

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hey dude, 13-3 Patriots, 9-7 Giants in leaque play, when it came down to SB, defense wins. It was destiny in the tarrot cards that say giants won despite 4 fumbles and recover them all. Weatker (what his name is) miss that catch which he never did and that would at least setup a field goal and Patriots could extend to 21-15 and eat up some time. Give it to Eli (he can add 'te' to his name now to 'Elite'), what can we say. Beat #1 team GB, then the SF missed that punt in the last quarter and Giants went on to win. It was meant to Eli and deny Tom of 4 rings or even 5 rings to be all-time great. Yeah, ever since Tom hitched up with Gissele, he lost 2 rings...hmmm, maybe Tom should be a monk and he might have won 5.
    I am not a football, in fact, this is only game I watched all year, I watched because Madam Madonna was playing...as for Lady Gaga...oh well, still like Madonna's songs, more my generation;)

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Operative word being: 53! :p

Was mildly interested by the Egyptian theme and next up was a relic fitting the theme dancing like a stripper to Vogue :D . I guess she was supposed to be Cleopatra seeing as there were Roman soldiers doing the pulling.
    Actually I was wondering if she was lipsynching when I watched the beginning or at the very least "supported".

Suprised this hasn't been taken down yet so watch the halftime show while you still can (or download it would be the smart thing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyfdoZldrS4

#266 demolidor, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Creeping up to no.47 so let me slip in this "interesting" story of a former future NFL player :D

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax!

"Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, the stories said, played this season under a terrible burden. A Mormon linebacker who led his Catholic school's football program back to glory, Te'o was whipsawed between personal tragedies along the way. In the span of six hours in September, as Sports Illustrated told it, Te'o learned first of the death of his grandmother, Annette Santiago, and then of the death of his girlfriend, Lennay Kekua.

Kekua, 22 years old, had been in a serious car accident in California, and then had been diagnosed with leukemia. SI's Pete Thamel described how Te'o would phone her in her hospital room and stay on the line with her as he slept through the night. "Her relatives told him that at her lowest points, as she fought to emerge from a coma, her breathing rate would increase at the sound of his voice," Thamel wrote.

Upon receiving the news of the two deaths, Te'o went out and led the Fighting Irish to a 20-3 upset of Michigan State, racking up 12 tackles. It was heartbreaking and inspirational. Te'o would appear on ESPN's College GameDay to talk about the letters Kekua had written him during her illness. He would send a heartfelt letter to the parents of a sick child, discussing his experience with disease and grief. The South Bend Tribune wrote an article describing the young couple's fairytale meeting—she, a Stanford student; he, a Notre Dame star—after a football game outside Palo Alto.

Did you enjoy the uplifiting story, the tale of a man who responded to adversity by becoming one of the top players of the game? If so, stop reading. [keep reading, follow the link ;)]

What a m*r*n :rolleyes:
    http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-t...dium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[video=youtube_share;cWmpGhIZJWw]http://youtu.be/cWmpGhIZJWw[/video]

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

For the sake of tradition

O-MA-HA!

[​IMG]