Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Han, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I have just scheme through this news :
    http://badmintoncn.com/view-14409-1.html

It is about an interview with LYB. one of the question is the reason behind LD withdrawal at Asia Championship 2012. LYB did not agree nor deny other people's opinion that LD withdrawal is CBA strategy to qualify CJ for London OG 2012. He stated that " Isn't it better if we send 3 MS rather than two ? "

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    What can anyone say about li yong bo :D

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    All Hail Li Yong Bo :D

4. miragitsu

miragitsu Regular Member

Licin,

kindly clear ur inbox ya..can't pm u oredi.
    tq

5. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

Gopichand replied (when being asked about China manipulating ranking points):-
    Extract:
    Asked if he was concerned about China manipulating ranking points even at the last moment, Gopichand said, "I can be critical of them but hats off to them, to their spirit of nationalism, they work together and it doesn't matter who among them wins, they work together and hunt together. It is something to be proud of and we can learn from them. We can go on and criticise them but they are the best team."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...mpic-medal-Gopichand/articleshow/12914047.cms

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

the reporter quite fool to think that LYB would answer his question on that and make a confession to the world so BWF can give suspend to LD and CJ. :p

this Mr. Gopichand, is he too realistic or too positive thinking?

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Reporter needs to be fed with 10 more gunny sack of rice :D

But not Gopichand :D.

" Can't beat your enemy, why not join them / learn from them ? "

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I have just came accrossed this article : http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/201...itik.WO.Tunggal.Putri.Indonesia.dan.Chong.Wei It is a short interview with LYB. I do not know if it has been discussed before or not. Anyway, in the interview LYB criticizes the press reaction when CBA concedes walkover on several occasion while did not criticize on the walkover conceded by two if INA WS & world No.1 MS, Dato LCW. Dato having his ankle injured and yet LYB said it is a walkover. If LCW did it on purpose, he is the greatest actor on Badminton to date.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If I'm not wrong,he was referring to Maria Febe and Linda Fanetri in the UC group stage.

10. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

LYB said he is against match fixing, and i highly doubt so. he got no regrets and he keep on doing this after years and years. he said its for national glory. the fact is, OG WS is a individual game. the one winning the game is Gong Zhichao, not China women team. Uber's cup however, is won by China women team. LYB is definately abusing his power. and he fixed the match.

ye zhaoyin is hurt, gong zhichao is hurt also. camilla martin is hurt as well. the spectator who bought their tickets were fooled. everyone watching the game was fooled, and the olympics game is just a cheat.

The only one that benefit entirely, is LYB. he gained every glory he wants, at the expense of players. well he do it so often isnt it? chen jin losing to LD, then when chen jin needs the points, LD will retire from the game. against match fixing? i can see that he enjoys manuplating the players. an most recently, wang xiaoli also thinks so.

he says its about national glory. in truth he dont have the slightest sense of sportmanship

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

sorry, but can't agree with you on this one. yes, the champion of OG is an individual player, not a team. but however, the medal she won will calculated into her country's achievement along the event, so it's still about national glory. of course, the country's team want to collect as many gold medals as possible, to be the 1st rank in the medals table if possible. for that, it's LYB's job to ensure maximum gold medals from badminton, the sport he responsible for, in any way he can.

let's say we are put in his position that year. we know we have a chance to get a gold for our nation from WS, and there are 2 ways to choose. 1st way is 50-50 way, by let YZY and GZC fight for it fair and square to fight camilla on the final, or the 2nd way by let GZC fight for it with 70-80% possibility. which may would you choose? ideally, for the so-called sportmanship, we maybe would choose the 1st way. but for our country's glory, if there is bigger chance in the 2nd way, wouldn't u hesitate to take it? not to mention the pressure from our bosses above.
    it's easy to talk about it, but i think it wouldn't be that easy if we at his position. and i'm glad no need to be in his position.

peace.

#271 bad's fan, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

bad's fan has a very good point,the individual gold is added to the nation's medal tally and that's what China is most concerned about, not GZC's personal glory.

Everybody can criticise,you're not doing LYB's job, do you have a solution for him? If you have,he'll thank you a million times,maybe reward you handsomely.:D

Btw,there's one more thread related to him, here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...s-that-follow-his-mastery-of-WalkOver-tactics Since you're new to this forum,I assume, I suggest you read all the posts from this two threads as,I believe, most of the grounds have been covered and I could be more or less repeating what somebody has said before.Besides, I don't want to cross-post - you'd probably find your views resonate with some and want to address your concerns to others who share similar or opposing views. For the time being,I think I've said enough.:)

13. ibelieveindevil

well i am not doubting his tactics, i am doubting his integrity, in fact i am not even doubting his integrity, i am very sure he got none of it. to think about it, it is not the "for the country" that matters the most to him, its his personal glory and benefit. If he is ever guilty, he wont repeat it again and again, while peoplesay there is a point in OG, what about SS? since when do SS carries equal weightage as OG. LYB definately know the consequences, and he knows that BWF isnt doing anything to it, which is another shame. thats why he continues.

to be frank, he dont trust his players. look at the recent uber's game, the case about wang xiaoli. anyone else probably will notice that they have the top 3 singles and top 2 doubles, and a couple of good reserve players as well. however, his refusal to disclose to wang xiaoli only suggest to me that he think that her replacement cant win. well, you can say that wangxiaoli is the top pair in the world and incomparable, but does that mean she cant be replaced? against a pair which will still be much lower in position, not to mention that it is 1 out of the 5 points?

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

wang xiaoli? what happen to her? would u please inform me?

about the SS, u know, the long journey collecting points for OG started at SS. so he and his team maybe already arranged it in SS long long time behind of OG to make sure maximum quotas for OG fulfilled. but i don't know. just my personal opinion.

15. ibelieveindevil

wang xiaoli's grandma passed away on the 18th may last month. she wasnt ben told about that until china women team won the uber's cup and all the 3 coaches decided to remain silence about that, despite knowing that wang was brought up by her grandmother. the ecision is simple. wang is the top pair and if she know the news she wont be playing, or not performing up to standard. This received an outcry among the chinese forums quoting particularly that is winning so important that 1 should be keep silence of her closest one death. futher crticism regarding the fact that she is included in the team shows a lack of trust in other female players as this is a team game which requires only 3 point to win the game.

16. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

really? feel sorry to her.
    don't know what to say. :(

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Don't just give us your own account and opinion/feeling,quote your sources. Whose instruction to keep the news from Wang XL, her own family members,her grandma before she died, LYB's ,the three coaches? What makes you think WXL,upon learning of her old grandma's death, will immediately throw everything aside and rush home, to heck with the Uber Cup? - she said that herself?

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20120529/000708.htm
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-05-31/10416082068.shtml

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    whoever can read Chinese, must read the above article.

WXL's mother went out of her way to not let WXL know that her grandmother passed away, only to tell her right after her UC victory. a tear jerking article indeed and kudos for the reporter for uncovering such a touching relationship and story between the 3 generations.

and to clear the CBA, their officials were notified by it was a mutual decision between WXL's mother and the officials to only let her know after the UC is over.

some parents who truely love their children love them so much that they will not let them bear any grief and sadness, esp when it will affect their career. personally my parents hardly ever tell me about their sickness because they don't want me to worry about them.

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i just realised there is something wrong with the second link. here's the second link.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-05-31/10416082068.shtml