LCW's NEW game plan for FUTURE

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by alfa-2, Nov 4, 2007.

1. zack_kissey

zack_kissey Regular Member

student
    yea and I really can't wait to see LCW and LD face each other.

2. winnie

winnie Regular Member

gambate=add oil in japanese
    but i doubt this new style can stay long as his opponents wil adapt n study his play n try to break it..
    so i hope lcw can varies his playing style.. let them confuse

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    ok, finally, i have watched the final match between LCW and BCL in FO 2007 and this is my humble opinion. yes, i agree that LCW showed a new style which seems to suit him very well. no, i dont agree that this style could beat lin dan easily. i am not saying it could not beat lin dan but just not as easily as it beat BCL. why? throughout the match, LCW did a lot of cross court smashes and drops and most of the time got points through this. now, BCL seems flatfooted when these kind of shots was used by LCW but i believe lin dan would have dived for all of them just because he has it in his mind to retrieve whatever shots that came his way. and that might put a chink in LCW's armor. hehehehe. okay, this is just my opinion. :D i think LCW still have to improve his mental game to be a true world champion and i seriously believe he could attain that. all the best LCW!

#43 azabaz_ipoh, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  4. zack_kissey

student
    Well, his new style can already beat standards as high as Lin Dan either easily or not easy...since anything can happen in the world of Badminton.

5. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i think LCW did it quite smoothly in the semi final in JO.

6. zack_kissey

student
    yea...he did it very well against lin dan as he saves a lot of cross court smashes and nettings. But chong wei lost a lot of points during the JO final against TH before winning the title. TH was so close to having a third game lol...

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    his latest gamestyle..is that so different from the few months ago Lcw?

8. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    well, to my untrained eyes, not much different except he plays a more strategic game and often turn his defensive moves into attacking moves. :) he seems more relaxed too. not so aggresive. very deceiving.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    i prefer lcw in '06 MO.i hope i can see this lcw again in his next game.

bcoz after almost 2 years past,i cant see this eager face yet.he may changed to a better player in terms of the strategy of the game.but in '06 Mo,he played as a malaysian and inspired human not an ordinary badminton player

10. zack_kissey

student
    LCW is like THE BOMB in MO 06! he played until he pissed LD off though....xD

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    After watching the match of Sony against LCW, seems like LCW is still keeping his new game plan at least until end of this year when someone from CHN find the loophole again...........

Sad that CCTV stop the broadcast in the middle of 1st game.

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Did anyone watch the game against CJ?? seems that LCW is trying to play slow rally games instead of his usual game. Is it that this game plan is working well for him or the injury is still troubling him or he wanna keep extra energy against BCL in the final??

a bit confused.............he's moving so slow.

13. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    he's using chen jin's poison against him... i.e. defensive style....
    different strategies for different players... I dont think he's injured...

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    are you sure CJ's weapon is the defense?? hmmm...........

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    LCW deserved to lose to BCL in the final

I haven't seen LCW play for quite some time now as I did not have access to the live telecasts nor TV replays. Many fans were excited about his new found style, maybe largely influenced by that of his coach Misbun, of more rallying it seems. This is what I gathered from the posts here.

But yesterday, I saw both LCW and WMC in action in the CO 2007 finals, courtesy of TV1.

Of course WMC has already done very well to reach the final, beating the legendary Zhang Ning in the SF, Zhu Lin in the QF and ex-China player, Pi Hongyan earlier. And to conquer WR1 XXF in the final to take the title is a dream come true for WMC, who deserved every bit of it. I can't remember any Malaysian lady player eliminating a row of China players on her way to the title, and in China too! Now who says her coach Wong Tat Meng is second rate and Li Mao is better?

Unlike WMC, LCW did not show the calm coolness, grit and determination expected of a champion in the final. He was disturbed by the line calls and even disputed with the umpire over his "tap over the net" incident. His focus had been distracted and he could not find it back in time!

On the other hand, his opponent Bao Chunlai had only one purpose in mind and he singularly sought out all his energies to achieving it. He was a leader throughout the match, LCW the follower. BCL was in command and totally destroyed LCW's more defensive game.

BCL confirmed that 'attack is the best form of defense' and even LCW's sound defense had to succumb in the end. LCW tried to rally, but BCL simply cut this short by his height and swift overhead cross-court smash. LCW was left scurrying all over the court and forced to make uncharacteristic errors. So it was no surprise that the match lasted less than 40 min, about 20 min for each game of 21-12, 21-13. It must have been one of the worst showings by LCW in a final. :(

Yes, LCW cannot stick to one style only. He must vary his style according to the circumstances. To do this he must know his opponent well and what sort of latest changes they have made to their own styles. Perhaps, his lady teammate, WMC, is better at this! :)

#55 Loh, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Spot on!! Agree fully.

Refreshing to find someone here who sees the bigger picture. ;)

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well explained LOH.. you did a better job at this.

18. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Too bad he still has injury so can't really deploy his killer weapon all the time.

About your opinion of LCW should be calmed during those calls are being made. I totally disagree, when it's a mistake, it's forgivable, understandable...........It was clearly a conspiracy. This is not war, nor politics, this is badminton.......hope u get it. ;)

Read this post from a linesman of CO......find out the truth yourself, i don't wanna risk this thread being closed by elaborating long here.
    http://www.chinabadminton.com/ball/Announce/Announce.asp?BoardID=4000&ID=2820028
    :D:D:D

19. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Gameplan is fine

LCW would have won the match if it was held in a neutral place. To me, the final scoreline doesn't reflect the whole thing. Undeniably, BCL outplayed LCW in every aspect but LCW was not playing his best in that situation. LCW have given up the match at one point. Yes, I agreed with u that LCW should have stayed focused and not distracted by the bad line calls and judging. Still, there is nothing wrong with LCW's gameplan.

I strongly believe that Taufik would have forfeited the match as what he did in Hong Kong Open last year if he was in LCW's shoes.

In the post-match interview, LCW said that he could sense the atmosphere in Beijing Olympic as far as linejudging is concerned.

#59 robin7, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Did you see how WMC reacte to the injustice against her? WMC played under almost the same conditions as LCW and yet she managed to maintain her composure and beat the world no.1.

Even though LCW is just human, why can't he emulate the better side of WMC? Why must he let his better side be changed adversely? Why should he follow the bad examples? :rolleyes: