New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Had a little chuckle at the 'all or nothing' on 24-26lbs :D But BG80 is a good choice for this racket. The hard feeling of the string and hard feeling of the racket complement each other well, the only strings that would be even better for that would be the ZM65 and 67, I think. With softer strings (BG65, for example) you have to go pretty high in tension to get the crisp feeling this racket is all about (instead of 28lbs/ZM65, 28-29lbs/BG80 I have to go to 32 or 33 with the BG65).

2. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    I do believe you might be insulting my ability/ hand eye coordination good sir! :p Come to England and I can give you a lesson in badminton (cough, cough). If you played at the club I play at you might understand a bit more. The hall is freezing in winter and we play with slow shuttles... However I will admit to not really being consistent enough to play with much beyond 26lbs at the moment.

Two other strings to try would be VS850 (as already mentioned) at about 1-2lbs higher than BG80 (to allow for tension loss) or Zymax 62 if you are a stringer/ made of money/never mis-hit.

I do agree that a soft feeling string doesn't match this racket, it feels a bit odd. But you do have to remember that not everyone can play with high tensions and doing so can lead to injury, hence my suggestion to start lower and work up rather than going straight in at 30lbs and hurting your arm after a week.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Did I? Not intentionally, for sure. But I've played in England before, and the halls I was in were indeed decidedly un-cozy. Although I did not state I was any better, I don't consider my string tensions 'all-or-nothing' either ;)
    Agree on the ZM62, that thing is so fragile you can't really afford to play with it at anything beyond 25lbs, and even then it's a stretch - you have to hit very cleanly, and should have your own machine (to string at least the endless ZM62s you'll break :D). Used mine up a couple months ago, and broke 3 in one session (mis-hit smash, drive, and net kill). Can't say if they improved the durability with the 2nd gen, but the first was awful^^

Well, I didn't say much about the tension, just that harder feeling strings are generally better for this racket imop. At what tension you string is entirely up to you and depends on both skill and preference. For example there are a few players in my club that are undoubtedly stronger than me, yet string lower - they just don't like the extra effort they have to put in at my tension.

4. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    I hv mx80 n on its shaft there was stated 'developed by victor taiwan'.bt recently i saw my friend mx80 has a difference sentence cmpard to mine whch shown 'made in taiwan'.is ths normal?is it new batch of mx80?when we cmpard it,both are identical in the feeling of the racket.what makes me confius is the sentences on the shaft.any idea on ths? - sorry for double post.. i guess my 1st post was at the wrong thread... :)"''

5. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

your confusing 2 things..ala victor rackets are developped by victor taiwan, but different rackets are made in different places. For example, the JJS are all made in China but within different factories with different quality checks.

6. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    tq for ur info bro.wat i meant was if we refer to the mx80 shaft, it stated 'ultra high modulus graphite-developed by victor taiwan.bt my friend is different,'ultra high modulus graphite-made in taiwan'.fyi,both raket stated taiwan at the butt cap n the feel for both are the same.i bought mine early ths yr while my friend bought his a week ago.is it new batch?any idea or info on ths.tqvm

7. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

what is ur code? is it like TWsomething also?

8. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    Both of us MY coded

9. adrianlimkb

adrianlimkb New Member

just bought one a few days before...and i would say i like is very much...but feel a little too stiff for my liking...ani less stiff alternative?i quite like the stiffness of mx70,is london or jjs in between dis 2...?

10. Ace_Everything

Ace_Everything Regular Member

Can someone tell me how different is MX80 from Z Force in terms of power? Which packs more punch? And the balance point

11. visor

visor Regular Member

For the same wt, zf has more punch of course... as it has a much higher swing wt. You're comparing a bp of 295mm vs 310mm! ;).

However mx80 is more aerodynamic and so is faster transitioning and more maneuverable.

#2291 visor, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  12. Ace_Everything

0.0.... What abt MXJJS?

13. Ace_Everything

I got a z force and I'm thinking abt getting either mx80 or jjs. Hav u heard of the new racket? Thruster k8000? I'm also interested in that. Haha

14. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

It's strange to be considering such different rackets ... Think about the flexibility that best suits you, and make a decision based on that.

15. Ace_Everything

Yeah.. True. I guess I prefer stiffer rackets. I hav a pretty decent smash so stiffer rackets will benefit more. But I'm interested in the 'technologies' in victor in terms of feel and power. I play doubles and looking for a better weapon than Z Force. Well Z Force is a great racket but I want to try other rackets. So what's ur opinion on X80 n JJS?

16. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    well having a decent smash dosent meant that you need a stiffer racket. It depend on your playing style but X80 is a good racket for you to try.

17. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    yeah...my go to stick....sold off mine...

thought i will not find/join a group in Thailand...but Viola !!!!

just got a new one ( sort of replacement )...lol....

18. wning

wning Regular Member

Can someone please give an comparison between the stiffness of AT-700(1st. gen) and PPRO to the MX-80? I found the PPRO is stiffer than my AT-700 (1st. gen). thanks

19. visor

visor Regular Member

I have P Pro and MX80... MX80 for sure much stiffer. Its one of the stiffest racket around.

20. wning

wning Regular Member

stiffer than PPRO, wow!!!!! my PPRO is already very stiff for me..How is MX80 play compare to your PPRO in smash and drive?

#2300 wning, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012