Any more users of Tetracross 700 ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by twobeer, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

5 pieces of TC700

Wow, no wonder this racquet is so hard to find, someone's hoarding all the stocks. :D

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

:rolleyes: You must be talking about master twobeer... I suspect master Pete as well... :p

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I suspect that Pete_LSD would turn his nose up at mere 3U.:rolleyes:

4. Danielsan

Danielsan Regular Member

This question might have been answered previously - the TC700 is similar to which Yonex racket in terms of play?

5. ya4dang1

ya4dang1 Regular Member

Programmer
    In terms of play, I think it is similar to AT700 (categorized as hard-hitter's racket).

If you compare the rackets, AT700 head-heavier, but has bigger sweet-spot.
    TC700 has unique frame and shaft. TC700 looks more "solid", the paint job is excellent.

6. Danielsan

Danielsan Regular Member

So the TC700 is more of a singles racket rather than a doubles racket..

7. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    at700 is head heavier, medium flex iso head
    tc700 is not as head heavy, extrastiff(stiff?), oval/iso head similar to the arcZ

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It is like not like any YY-rackets..It is like a head heavy NS9900 :p

/Twobeer

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    yes, it is much better for singles.

10. Danielsan

Danielsan Regular Member

Okie.. Many thanks for your response..

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

None of the Yonex offerings really match up with the TC700. I cannot for the life of me last a game with any AT-series racket, much less the AT700.

The TC700 is kinda unique that it delivers a very strong kick with stronger strokes.

12. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Bro not all ATs are that far off. At least I'm still hugging my beloved AT900P.
    Tc700 is really very very different from most rackets I would say. To me it works wonderfully well in a game of mixed doubles.

13. Danielsan

Danielsan Regular Member

Hmm.. From the top 3 reviews, it seems this racket is more suitable for singles as well as for players who enjoy doubles playing back court..

14. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    ^maybe its because of the extra stiff and head heavy combo making net play and fast net block a little more difficult ;)

15. Danielsan

Danielsan Regular Member

Thanks! Think got to give this racket a miss since i play mostly doubles with frens..

Cheers to all

16. TingAhYee

TingAhYee Regular Member

TC700 is much more maneuverable than AT700 though the latter is much less demanding. There r so many guys ard using TC700 to play doubles ... itz all a matter of having the right muscles to flex it. U will be very well rewarded if you are up for the challenge :D I wud say better dun buy without trying it. There r hordes of guys who gave up on it. Small sweet spot, rock solid stiffness, head heavy, extra long handle. This is definitely not for the average 10-11 stone joe.

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

if I can get a TC700 (one with the square graphics on the shaft) for HK$865 a piece is that considered good value, or can I get it cheaper ? I am planing to order two pieces as I know that they are not in production anymore and could become a colllectors item. Hopefully grandtotal including shipping will be just below HKD$1800

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D How cheap do you want it!? Other than that I don't see why you would go for discontinued racquets with all the plans you have for yourself. Why get used to something you can't replace later on? A collector's item from a brand that doesn't sponsor anyone and only has an underground following? If it was highly sought after the price would've gone up already like it did for TI-10 II over there (I even thought it was sold out there already but it has re-appeared apparently)
    Seriously, stick to one racquet and work on your play instead of your gear. Get some proper results first and then worry about your gear. What are you now, 15 y.o. right? You spend way too much time thinking about equipment :p. You'd be much better of saving up for training camps. Palyama over here has been going to camps in Denmark since he was 11/12 or something to name an example ...

Other than that not likely to be cheaper elsewhere. Total should be more towards 2000-2100 adding shipping and 6% for Paypal

#418 demolidor, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have never managed to break a racket, so I am not anticipating to start now :p (although I am sure over time I will break rackets. As it is still "pre season" (at least for the next 6 weeks) I want get the perfect set up, and try as many rackets as possible, as well as tweak my string tension. Grip size and type.

I don't like to turn up with the most expensive racket with the most expensive shoes etc. I don't like these people that look like they are Yonex representitives, I would rather thrash these people, with an unknown brand. (I got asked the other day what make of racket I was using when I had my Victor racket with me) I have had some decent results, and i have won 3 "B" standard tournaments, and I have been getting better, with a lot of training that i hve done so far over the summer break.

I looked for training camps, and they weren't many, I think I found one, but it was $2000 I think. :eek: didn't see any in Denmark.

I may order one TC700, and see how it is, if I like it I will order another one, I am in the process of getting rid of some of my other rackets, like my NS9900. So I have money to buy other rackets. I was also looking at the Babolat Blast (HK690) maybe I will get a Blast and a TC700 and see which one I like the best. :cool:

20. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Demolidor, come'on, you have your fun with the TC700. Let LD Rule share some joy won't you? :p

Hey LD Rules!, welcome to the club. Certainly share your thoughts of the TC700 once you get yours. Do take your time with the TC. The slightly smaller sweetspot might take a while to get used to coming from ISO. When the punch comes, the TC700 is pure addiction. You will see the surprise in your opponent when you use that in drives.

HKD865 is a decent price fo the TC. I would have gotten a couple of it if I do not already have 5 pieces. I'm surprised though that the TC is available in HK again. The last time I enquired, all the shops have totally sold out.

As a bonus, you probably use a brand that your peers may not even know makes rackets, much less make such an excellent one. Despite the almost cult following here at BC, TC700 or even Mizuno rackets are almost unheard of outside of China, HK and Japan. Most pro-shops won't even believe Mizuno can make a decent racket and certainly nothing that plays better than a Yonex.