Post YOUR Yonex Serial Numbers, No eBay Enquiries, Read Post#1, price/source required

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by kwun, Apr 25, 2005.

1. soleilyu

soleilyu New Member

---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex ACR9

shaft serial: 9299116
    cone code : 160402TW
    source : bbesports,CHINA
    price : US$170

2. winter-X

winter-X Regular Member

erm,the ppl dun have store...he just selling through the forum...dowan to mention any names and net here since i already get my full refund for both my racket...
    just try to get as much info about the seller when u bought from some1 that dun own a shop...easier to locate him out if anything happen...

3. arkkillu

arkkillu Regular Member

sales
    racket model: Yonex Carbonex 35
    shaft serial: 8796258
    cone code : 061092sp
    source : bc member(Name:Starsugar)
    price : RM350 2nd hand

thank alot for helping me

4. badlad

badlad New Member

Thank you for the feedback!!!

I don't know how do you identify it is real or fake, is it from your own database? or does it come from an official yonex record?

i think it is fair not to disclose seller's detail before it is concluded it is a fake racket.

Apart from the serial number, are there any ways to identify it is real or fake? Many thanks!

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Yes, there are many ways to check. Serial is a good way but you have to check the cosmetics of the racket as well. We have yet to see a perfect counterfeit so there are definitely clues.

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why is it not fair? Now that it's been identified as fake are you going to reveal the name?? I bet not, just like the above poster who bought it from "net" :rolleyes:

Drifit <-> [​IMG] :)D)

#11606 demolidor, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  7. badlad

badlad New Member

It is out of my curiousity that the methodology that you adopt to identified as fake. As people in this forum will assume that what you said is definitely an answer without considering what approach you use. Therefore, i said it is not fair to disclose seller's details. I agree to reveal the seller's name providing I know it is definitely a fake from a trustful source, I believe many people in this forum are interested to know your source too.

For me, to reveal a name is easy as you suggested in your previous post " You should have held out untill the poster made up a member name", however, without knowing the source, I have to protect my seller's reputation as many people already assume that what you say is absolutely right.

I was hoping to get an constructive answer was far from easy and it turn out to be war of word. However, I do appreciate your time and please ignore this and my previous post if you want do. Thank you!!!

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

To set it straight drifit said it was a "definite fake" ;). And it is. The fifth digit of the cone code is the year of manufacturing as been explained a hundred times in this thread (so no need to doubt about the correctness of that). In your case it is a "1". 1 = 2001 or 2011. Well, it's not 2011 yet and the model didn't exist in 2001, therefore the conclusion has to be made it is fake. Now let's have it :D. The seller was ... : ?

#11608 demolidor, Aug 26, 2010
  9. badlad

badlad New Member

I also spot this according to instruction provided, but what i want to know is that method of identification is from yonex or from personal experience? as the official notice post in yonex website doesn't mention about this method. Is there any exception?

I have checked the racket, the cosmetic is perfect, and it ticks all the boxes as a genenius according to yonex website. Apart from the serial code, i can say it is as genenius as it could be. So, i really can't figure out it is real or fake.

Do you think are there any other methods or images that shows the differences between them. Many thanks!!

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes that is from Yonex. If you want you can send your digits to Yonex UK and ask them. Does it say "Elastic TI" on the inside of the frame?

11. badlad

badlad New Member

Thanks, will send the code to yonex to confirm. Yes, there is Elastic Ti on the inside of the frame.

12. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    authorized YY dealers or sports shop are widely available in MAS. YY rackets selling in MAS can be consider low comparing to other countries. yet, why still take the risk of cheaper by less than 10% to buy from unreliable resources unless one is looking for used rackets. even looking for used rackets, one need to do some homework before buying it.

how you know that i always laugh/smile like that?? :p

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Okay another sign of a fake "JP" cone code. It should say: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...c-900-Power-and-Technique&p=554077#post554077
    Probably should have phrased that: "Does it say GUMMETAL on the inside of the frame"

Lastly you can do this check: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ies)-Read-Post-1-First!&p=1376662#post1376662

(from: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ay-s-or-online-auction)&p=1358726#post1358726)

And if you don't have two side by side you could think it looks perfect indeed.

#11613 demolidor, Aug 26, 2010
  14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Badlad It is a fake racket, end of.:)

I haven't been able to verify recently, as the email that usually comes through that let's you know that someone has posted in that thread, for some reason didn't work, so up until yesterday, I wasn't really aware that anyone had posted here.

From what I have seen, the fake rackets seem to have already been pointed out, but I will confirm later, when I have more time.

I would like to make this clear:

Please use the template, all sections of the template is compulsory if you do not fill in all the areas correctly and fully, your post will be ignored and or/deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.:)

15. gourmand

gourmand Regular Member

Hi I bought this one online, and want to know if this one is a clone one or original one.
    racket model: YONEX ARC SABER 10
    shaft serial: 3815532
    cone code : 130538SP
    source : I had bought it, ebay, FLOOR STOCK
    price : 70 pound

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Got a link to the store? Can't find the seller, too many results ...

17. gourmand

gourmand Regular Member

Originally Posted by gourmand
    Hi I bought this one online, and want to know if this one is a clone one or original one.
    racket model: YONEX ARC SABER 10
    shaft serial: 3815532
    cone code : 130538SP
    source : I had bought it, ebay, FLOOR STOCK
    price : 70 pound
    Got a link to the store? Can't find the seller, too many results ...
    This is the link :http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YONEX-ARC-SABE...#ht_1704wt_911
    He told the details of shaft serial: 3815532
    cone code : 130538SP in the comment

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have already confirmed in the other thread, that this racket is counterfeit

19. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

LD rules : do you know how to read the serial and cone code ?
    because i want to know if my racket is real or counterfeit