Woon Khe Wei

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Apr 22, 2007.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

this it the perfect time for the coaches and sports psychiatrist to step in and help..

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Maybe she needs to have a quintessential boyfriend to support her :D. Anyone?

3. faridzuan

faridzuan Regular Member

student
    Anyone just posted about Woon Khe Wei..what about her pair, Vivian Hoo? Don't forget her and she's kinda cute too..I admire her..:D

4. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    any idea what happened to this Khe Wei and Vivian?
    still havent fully recover from injury hence results not so good??

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Relax and wait..give them more time la.. they are still young..

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

They have never been the same since the Malaysia Open...

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

After that injury and After Rexy left............they lost,......and lost and lost...............poor girls !!

8. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    looks like they need Cheah Soon Kit back to coach WD...

9. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Their WD form is ridiculous right now, but I'm glad that the coaches seriously trying their best to lift the girls game in XD.

10. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Lost to Korean pair - Khe Wei and Vivian need to learn more strategies on court. Anyway, just glad that the pair are back in form. Definitely looking forward to their next tournament.

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    As I posted in another thread on their lost to the KOR pair :

"The MAS pair is just not good enough. No strategy and at a lost, just kept lifting and hitting high clears when their defence is so weak".

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Kena the KKK/TBH style of play virus?

13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    wonder WKW have a boyfriend???

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i wonder why you are wondering....

15. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
  16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Vivian hoo kah mun / woon khe wei is back

Hi I guess that Vivian hoo / woon khe Wei is currently back to their smashing form so Malaysian supporters out there don't be discouraged. Allow me to mention some of their achievements. First in August 2014 they won the commenwealth games, gold medals in the individual and also the group events. Then in 2013 they win the sea games gold medal. Jb the recent Asian games in 2014 they won the bronze medals but credit to them for winning against Yu yang / Wang xiaoli in the second round before they reached the semifinals. Then in last year Macau open, they also won the bronze medals after losing to a great china women doubles pair. Then this year 2015, their achievements are even better. They reached the finals of syed modi grand prix gold before and lost to their own team mates, Amelia / soong fie cho. Then today they reached the semifinals of the German grand prix open but lost and won the bronze medals. Hi, they did a great job to win over Lee so her / shin sheung Chan in the quarterfinals with a big margin (21-16, 21-7). Good for them. I think this pair Vivian hoo / woon khe Wei have the ability to be a good star rising player. Anybody wants to add anything to my comment? Any other opinion?

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Remember watching them last November. Lack of confidence under pressure.

Khe Wei also sometimes plays poor choice of shots. IMO, she should be the creative player.

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

also i noticed, there is very little interaction between those two. They seem to be like 2 office colleagues going to work in adjacent cubicles... no warmth.. no high fives .. no reassurring pats in the back.... no mouth covered conversations on tactics on court... they seem to find solace in their rackets whenever a mistake is made .. or moving on as a matter of fact on a succesful point... no joy

as i said in another thread, disturbing

#238 pajrul, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

dunno whether Khe Wei & her partner Vivian have their own bf or not...

20. Master

Master Regular Member

Recurrence of injury forces Woon to hang up her racquet

[​IMG]

PETALING JAYA: It’s time to move on for women’s doubles badminton player Woon Khe Wei as she decided to hang up her racquet following the recurrence of a knee injury in September.

After making her international debut 11 years ago, it was unlikely that the 28-year-old would ever be able to return to top-level competition. Khe Wei said she had tendered her resignation on Wednesday. She first suffered the knee injury during the Asia Team Championships in Kedah in February and it was only six months later that she was able to return to action at the World Championships in Nanjing, China.

There’re mixed feelings but I’m sad because this year has not been a good year for me due to the injury that came back on and off and I couldn’t fully recover from it,” said Khe Wei.

So because of injury, it was an easy decision to make. It’s now time for me to move on to another chapter in my life."

I haven’t decided what to do yet, but I’ll probably go for a holiday first before making a decision.

Khe Wei reflected on her many fine memories, especially with Vivian Hoo, her doubles partner for 10 years. Together they were the nation’s No. 1 women’s pair and reached a high of world No. 9 in 2015 and were in the top 20 for the most part of their partnership. They were formidable, winning the 2011 Indonesian Masters, 2017 New Zealand Open, SEA Games gold medals in 2009 and 2013, Commonwealth Games gold medals in 2010 and 2014 and reaching the quarter-finals of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.

The best memory is of course the Olympics in 2016 which was my first and last Olympics. It was super exciting for the both of us because it is so hard to qualify for it, and to be able to reach the quarter-finals was also a big moment,” she said.

Winning Sea Games in 2013 was also a good memory because at that time I was recovering from an injury and many did not agree to let me go for it, but we managed to win it."

We’re very close and we’ve experienced many sweet and bad moments together, and we both know each other well, so I will miss playing with her.

Since Khe Wei’s injury, Vivian has had to move on and she now partners Yap Cheng Wen. They won the Macau Open last month and have been named as one of two pairs vying for a place in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

I’m happy to see Vivian move on and do well with Cheng Wen and I’m confident they can do well to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics.

Khe Wei remembers her coaches and fans who have always been by her side.

I have to thank my coaches, Rosman Razak, (Wong) Pei Tty and (Lim) Pek Siah and my partner Vivian who have given me a lot of guidance to help me achieve my best, and of course the Malaysian fans who have always supported us.

[Source]