what is the best headlight(defensive) racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by orangenetic, Oct 28, 2013.

1. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

I am currently using a nanoray 300 which is headlight and the nanoray series are really good but I find them quite expensive compared to other brands. Yonex is a really good brand but as it is wellknown its quite expensive. I am trying to change my racket........I prefer headlight rackets or rackets that have a fast swing. I find it better to boost up my reflexes than having a heavier shot with a heavy swing. I have heard that the victor bravesword series has a fast swing due to its headframe's shape..........could anyone recommend a headlight racket that has a fast swing?

2. orangenetic

oh and it'll be better if it gives better control...

3. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Buy the most headlight racket you can afford. If you swing faster, the racket will give you a faster swing. If you control the racket better, the racket will give you better control.

4. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

You are correct with Bravesword , BS12 is your best bet . If you like stiff then BS10 . For the high end stuff , BS15 and BS LYD . Every headlight racket swings fast . Quality comes with a price ;) . Tell us more of you , and your budget .

5. orangenetic

well...the BS12 isnt really headlight but has a really fast swing....I'm a student....I played badminton in korea for about 2years....but...the bravesword 12 is quite expensive for a student like me...:(

6. orangenetic

wait....why did it post twice.....how do i erase it???????...I'm new here....

7. madcarrot2007

madcarrot2007 Regular Member

ti10 3rd gen is cheaper, i think can still be found in china.

8. orangenetic

wait...im getting confused.......some people say the TI10 is headheavy and somepeople say its even balance and some people say its headlight...............which one is it??????? To me it looks a little like an offensive headheavy racket.......do you know what balance it has??

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

What level are you playing at?
    If you are a student and play casually or at local tournaments, then you don't necessarily have to spend over $200US to have a good head-light racket.

Tonight, my expensive Yonex got destroyed in a clash. From my bag I pulled out a Babolat N-Force Light ($60 on sale at a local shop). Fast fast fast! And with its good string job, the control was excellent. My doubles and mixed game improved greatly with the change.

So when money is an issue, it is worth not putting yourself into poverty looking for the latest and greatest that the pros use. Go to a local store and see what is available of reasonable quality. There are lots of gems to be found. :)

10. madcarrot2007

ti10 1st and 2nd gen are head heavy, 3rd gen is headlight, mine is around 280mm bp. There is ti10 limited which is headlight but i think it costs over 200usd.

11. orangenetic

T
    Too bad for your racket:( well.....I'm korean and a lot of korean students start badminton when they are young...I didn't get to join the team because my parents didn't approve and I had to study....but I had friends on the team and learned from them.....I think my skills are quite the same with them...but I didn't have any training drills..so im not as good..............so I dont really have tournament experience...the korean parents are really sharp about studing so they all want big nice good paid jobs...and dont give the kids a choice about what they want to be.....in my situation my parents want me to go to a global highschool(just helps for good colleges) and become a professor...............I really dont like that and i have arguments with them everyday.........well.........as you can see...I really want to be a professional player or atleast a coach....im 14 now and ive been hanging out with those friends for about2years and i think if i get training....i will be able to make it. I know that they dont earn much.....unless you're like top 100ranking and stuff like that...but i really wanna do what i enjoy..............this reply was really long....im sorry about that...could you give me some advice on what I should do???oh and the racket doesnt matter anymore......why have a good racket if you dont need one?well...mines kinda old but whocareshaha

12. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

It's a common issue among Asian parents, so not just Korean parents in particular. From China to India to many countries in Southeast Asia, all parents hope that their children have respectable careers.

My personal suggestion to you is to concentrate on your studies right now. You're 14 and at that age, a proper education is very important (regardless of what you do later in your life). Still play badminton (or other sports) whenever you can but remember that your main priority at that stage in life is to do the best you can in school. Note that I did not say do well, but do the best you can.

One way you can persuade your parents is to score well and perhaps they may let you join badminton training.

13. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I didn't say you shouldn't have a good racket. But note that your thread title said "What is the BEST" but in your first post you pointed out that you didn't have a lot of money to spend.

So the point in my post was that you can have a good racket without it being the latest, most hyped racket (and most expensive) in this forum. :)

14. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Do you have stuff like "School Varsity" ? Why not join ? llpjlau is correct , focus on studies now and get high grades . After that , they may "loosen" you a little . If you love your racket now , stick with it .

15. orangenetic

well...in my case "best" ment the most affordable and good racket there is.....but i guess i'll just stick with mine for now..

16. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i respectfully disgree with the 3rd gen since mine swings like an even balance racket to a head heavy racket.

17. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    study hard, get a good job, buy all the "best" rackets you want!!!

by the way, this is just my personal opinion, but i think if you want to be a pro, you should have started training at the age of 4-5, not 14. i'm not saying it's too late, but your options are limited.

18. madcarrot2007

hmm..that is weird, yours is the purple colour one? What is the balance point?

19. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

Sorry for your loss, fidget. It happens to the best of us..your yonex's time has come, it's now in yyheaven, partying with all the other rackets it met and defeated over time. don't let your wrist get too dull now - find a good replacement for it and carry on it's legacy. :) ;)

Mine passed away this month too, so I know the feeling. and I wasn't even around when it happened... someone 'borrowed' or 'tested' it while I was away (I should NOT have left it like that, even in the company of adults. learnt my lesson for sure..everyone gets tempted, it's hard to resist trying a new bat lol) and put it back before I returned and no one's saying anything :(. Just bad timing I guess

that's quite dangerous. there's a lot of gap between what their coach says or intends for them to follow, and what they understand; if the coach is good and they're kept under constant supervision, they will get enough time to unlearn their mistakes and get on the right track - whereas you mayn't! seen many cases like that, both young and old.

training drills alone don't help you make the cut. the whole of badminton is an art and a science, every small thing matters and has implications. no matter how good you think are, or you really are, a well-ranked player properly brought up under coaching can find your faults and push you to make mistakes...and win without having to bring out his A-game! (most often the case, with mismatched opponents)

that can help you polish your skills..gain exposure even if it's a very small, local tourney. one has to grow into that dueling environment slowly.
    become a professor of badminton ;)

it's doable but well, at 14/15, you're almost nearing the end of the spectrum. it's going to take rigorous training, routine and a smart coach to bring out the best in you. Besides, kids retain their skills and physical prowess for a longer time than grown ups.. so in a few years, you have to keep trying double as hard as now while those trained at a younger age may just find it coming easy to them. that will take it's toll on you eventually and you could be disappointed, espcially if you're going to enter the tourney circuit. So sit and think about your priorities, you can become somewhat good at this and maintain it at that level and definitely keep that as a lifelong hobby without having to sacrifice you or your parents' main goals. it's hard for parents to see your point of view so i hope you get to see theirs and find a compromise instead. good luck :)!

#19 drmchsraj, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013