LCW+Misbun combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Mar 30, 2007.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes i am a coach, level 2 and i am still learning from you guys out there, some of you (not all!) do know more than some coaches know and they could become good coaches in the sense they are good in analyse game, players and ....

i only spend my time in a few forums and now i am browsing the next forum before i participate. as for my website right now, i only update once in a while!
    now i am gonna peek at your occupation!:D

2. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

A better question would be, how did this turn into a conversation of style. Let me just repeat my statement again. I said I could not see how the extra of three week training suddenly made LCW better which resulted in his first back to back title.

Example: LD took 3 solid month to prepare for OG08. By then he move even faster then LCW and smash so hard it overwhelm LCW's defense. LCW was caught totally by surprise because he himself have already up his game by a level for the OG preparation.

However I still think LCW was not able to bring his best out in OG08 final. His semi final with LHI already shown that he was already succumbing to pressure, hence the pawning by LD in the final.

3. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    hope this clarifies our discussion!

obviously, there was no tough opponent for him in k.o.10 or in m.o.10 so that's why you could not see the extra of 3 weeks training made lcw any better.

but you know/saw him beating all his opponent in straight sets (accept cj in 3 sets m.o.10), winning back to back title. there is improvement already and you may not noticed it whereas others do - he was faster, making less mistakes and knocking his opponent off faster!

as for og08 it was totally different - ld, well trained and played superb well and lcw at that time was totally out - he just couldn't keep the pace of ld that's why he lost in straight sets!

you may say what you like as i have already heard some say wrong strategy giving ld all the chances to penetrate him...., ld was taking some kind of booster that's why he was so fast but has to rest a couple of months after the winning...all sorts of nonsense..just because lcw lost!:D

#203 pBmMalaysia, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  4. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

First of all, the turtle (pengyu....sorry cheap joke) also took him to 3 close games. Second, as I have wrote before he could have also won back to back title last year but unfortunately, his timing was a little off in the KO final and made too much mistake.

You guys notice he was faster? Actually I though he was a little slower especially in the quarter against chen jin which is why manny of his smash defence end up hitting the net.

5. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, the turtle also! winning back to back tournament even less than 1 month apart is very hard. to stay in your peak for a long period like badminton is very difficult and this is why you can see lcw's form drops towards the m.o.10 and luckily ld not around!
    lcw was faster, at least faster than his opponent and faster here doesn't mean just running it's overall!:D:D

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    from limsy link:http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...204&sec=sports

........“He will be entering the All-England as the winner of the Korean and Malaysian Super Series. Over confidence can also be his downfall if he is not careful..... misbun

the coach has said it - you already make it and with your 2 winnings, used them, feel them, remember them when you enter all england..

these are strong words and the meanings are deep...you are well prepared not just for ae10 ...

as we fans love to see a showdown between ld and lcw, we hope it will happen..

7. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

how long has this lee chongwei chap been a combination with misbun chap? after all these years of combo-ing toghether,i think it's a matter of lee chaongwei himself to prove he can beat that lin dan chap. i really don'[t think that misbun chap has anymore tips or guidance to give to lee chongwei.

8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I might agree. If that is so, it is time for MS to have a new coach. ;)

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you mean lcw should ditch ms?:D

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Misbun feeling over the moon

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/3/15/sports/5864638&sec=sports

“This is a very sentimental moment for me. All I can say is that this is the 100th All-England and I am 100% thrilled over Chong Wei’s achievement,” said Misbun, who was almost moved to tears.

“This is the moment that every coach will cherish. After all the hard work, it is great to see the reward at the end,” said Misbun.
    “I did not win the All-England title as a player but it feels satisfying to see my players achieving it. This is so meaningful. I have always regarded the All-England as one of the most prestigious tournaments and for Chong Wei to win it in the centenary edition is just amazing.
    “There was so much pressure on him. But he did well to win his third Super Series title (this year after the Korean and Malaysian Opens). It is an awesome effort from him. I am so proud of him.”

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

It works very well during the 100th edition of ae;)

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    so lets talk about misbun incentive - should it be 100x more? just kidding a 50% increase on the current amount would be just nice considering he always deliver..

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Quoted from Thestar's interview of LCW..

WHO are the people behind your success? There are so many of them.
    My coach, Misbun, however, needs special mention. He has been with me since I was a junior. He knew how much I wanted to win this title. He is the most understanding coach a player can have. He is always the first to arrive for training – by 5.30am. He is so dedicated and committed and I am lucky to have him as my mentor.

14. undeadshot

Misbun also says he need to work harder to change LCW's game plan. Good work. Many youngsters can already read his game.

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, george, this is the famous 'lcw + misbun combination'

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Funny how one single point can save the combination. Earlier there were calls for LCW to ditch Misbun. Now with the AE10 victory, their combination is good.

17. undeadshot

Nono, only if LCW does not improve any longer or Misbun has taught him all he has to teach should LCW change coach

But sometimes simply the coach's presence can be motivation :D

Maybe he can have TWO coaches :D

18. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

What Misbun need to work on is his mental strenght. It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't bring out your power because of nervousness. I think the only time LCW played almost to his true ability in major tournament is AE09 final against Lindan. But it all just crumble after the interval at game 2.

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you still remember who said lcw should ditch misbun?

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yes, yes.......